For about two weeks, ‘Lady Bird,’ a coming of age tale directed by Greta Gerwig...

>For about two weeks, ‘Lady Bird,’ a coming of age tale directed by Greta Gerwig, was the best-reviewed film ever on Rotten Tomatoes. It sat at a perfect 100 percent score after nearly 200 reviews. And then came Cole Smithey, a film critic known for his contrarian reviews, to give the movie its first ‘rotten’ score.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4vhPeNOHxsc
twitter.com/colesmithey/status/940769106080415744/photo/1
goldenglobes.com/film/lady-bird
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What a cunt

>Lady Bird
it says he gave it a B-. a B- can't be considered negative can it?

I saw this coming

whom cares

reviewers choose whether they give their own review a rotten or fresh rating.

he gave fuckin trancendence a B- m8

Still less famous than his brother Chris Chan.

/our guy/

>Saoirse Ronan
No thanks.

Why didn't he just give it lower than a B- if he thought it was rotten

he thought it was worth a b-, he thought it was good movie
he just didn't think it deserved a 100% fresh rating since it was only b-, not a+.

Someone stopped paying rent to the chinese botnet.

>le coming of age drama
Yawn

So where was he for Get Out?

Coming of age stories are inherently unrelatable to manchildren who never grew up.

>film directed by nigger has highest score ever
>film directed by woman has highest score ever
>complain it's not 100%

Proof these mongoloids will never be happy

in a cuckshed

then why are there so many fans of this flick on this board

what the fuck is mumblecore and what's a gerwig

It's not like all reviews were 10/10s.
Whatever. This cunt director can't ride off the success of this forever.
Talentless hack. Cunt. Fucking bitch needs to be done like emmet till

BASED CWC GENES

post modernism and a roastie

Holy fuck I knew the name looked familiar

Also feminists are going to fucking crucify this guy, it's going to be TGWTG Ghostbusters boycott to the 10th degree

most of her movies are not mumblecore so he doesn't seem to know what he's talking about

a b+ is not a bad score though I don't get why everyone is so upset

Greta Gerwig is our goddess and she is above such things like Rotten Tomatoes.

Based Cole-chan.

>Jafar Panahi's Taxi
>B-
Absolutely shit taste.

What's your prob bob?

Quick, tell them to interview CWC

>Ghostbusters 2016
>B-

DROPPED

It's a bad movie, get over it

how did it get such gud revies den?

Cole Smithey is an asshole who refuses to support his dying mother and his sister who has to look after her

Who fucking cares?

Do people really have so little to worry about that they have time and energy to get pissy when a random person on the internet dislikes what they like?

you mad

What THE FUCK is he even talking about? None of the 3 movies she wrote is mumblecore, just because she was an actress in a few of those 10 years ago doesn't mean EVERYTHING she's done is mumblecore.

Is Get Out a fucking sketch comedy because that's what Peele is famous for?

I'm little exasperated with how precious and fragile people are allowing themselves to become for absolutely no reason, but nowhere near as angry or immature as the people doing this shit are.

They can't keep getting away with it!

>What a cunt
Why?
It looks like propaganda....Shit humor for liberals
youtube.com/watch?v=4vhPeNOHxsc

this guy is assblasted, lol

the absolute madman

/ourguy/

>Reddit spacing
>Clearly has no idea who Cole or Chris is
>Assblasted soyboy
Anyone else see all of this lining up here?

According to... someone.

I walked out of the theater on this movie. I really did. I was giving it a chance, I walked out.

>giving a shit about movie critic website drama

>sister
I feel bad for the dude, but good for him having gotten out of that shithole family.

Disney needed the film to take some hits for TLJ so the critic was paid under the table.

Dude hes just trying to stop the bullshit, I mean it didn't even get nominated for Golden Globes, someone needs to stop the blind liking of movies because of politics and just see reality.

If a movie gets GOAT it better sweep Oscars and if it doesn't reviews are broken.

JUST

No movie deserves 100%, he did the right thing.

Isn't Cole Smithey one of two reviewers who gave Toy Story 3 a thumbs down?

LMAO. Dude, where did you come from? How do you not understand how anything CWC connected is important here? Seriously, between this type of post and the Star Wars Prequel white knights around here--- I'm seriously questioning what happened to the people I used to post with.

>Context is everything. I had to consider whether to cast “Lady Bird” as Fresh or Rotten in the context of a perfect score that people were using to trumpet “Lady Bird” as the all-time best reviewed movie on RT. A "B-" does not an "A+" make.
twitter.com/colesmithey/status/940769106080415744/photo/1

I don't even like RT but this guy is just an idiot

He's never touched a vagina and it's every woman everywhere's fault.

>having a different hairstyle
>le JUST

Holy shit, that IS him.

you do realize it all started with a haircut, right?

holy shit where am i

So when is Crispin Glover going to shoot a movie staring this lovable lad?

heh

>I mean it didn't even get nominated for Golden Globes
But it did? It was nominated for 4 categories.
goldenglobes.com/film/lady-bird

Rotten Tomatoes is horrible for film criticism because it promotes shit like this. Both Chris-Chan's brother giving the film a bad review for attention, and the idea that it's newsworthy that he did that. It's a number on a screen.

>someone needs to stop the blind liking of movies because of politics
What politics are in LB?

>someone needs to stop the blind liking of movies because of politics and just see reality
>I mean it didn't even get nominated for Golden Globes

I agree with your sentiment but you're talking like the big award shows aren't worse for playing politics than most reviewers.

The main character is an artistic type who wants to go to school in the Northeast and is therefore clearly a stand-in for liberal values that Hollywood keeps trying to shove down our throats.

Where are the movies about wholesome Iowa girls who want to stay home, get married and go to church on Sundays?

>propaganda
It doesn't look like my kind of film at all but propaganda?

What are you talking about user?

>Where are the movies about wholesome Iowa girls who want to stay home, get married and go to church on Sundays?

Hey, if you want it out there, do it. Who's stopping you?

>The main character is an artistic type who wants to go to school in the Northeast and is therefore clearly a stand-in for liberal values that Hollywood keeps trying to shove down our throats.
So you just watched the trailer

>Who's stopping you?
(((Them)))

>Iowa girls who want to stay home, get married and go to church on Sundays?

Flyover movies always bomb because flyovers are the first ones that don't want to see that shit on screen

>Flick supposedly is "perfect" with "universal critical acclaim"
>The fine folks down at Sup Forums haven't made a peep about it
Makes u think

There's no way a liberal could ever make a movie that isn't propaganda, ok???

>muh seecrit club
you loser virgins are pathetic, clinging to whatever scrap of illusionary camaraderie you can get. how about you leave your mom's basement and try making some real friends instead of larping as a secret tree-house club.

grow the fuck up

Good work by him, pure consensus is unhealthy. You know where the movie reviewers all agree with each other? The People's Republic of China.

We're tired of hearing from the three-hole.

Why would anyone watch more, it's art whore bullshit.

fpbp, this is what I just blurted out and I didn't even watch the movie or enjoy slice of life shit

people should tell him to visit his FUCKING DYING MOTHER some time

>even the C is fresh
>but only this particular B- is rotten!

Honestly, it needed to be done. Idiots will look at the score and think this is the citizen kane of our generation. The same retards who think Shawshank Redemption is the greatest movie ever made just because IMDB tells them so.

I really liked Lady Bird but this is such a non-story it amazes me. Lady Bird has such a high score not because it's the greatest movie of the past decade or any dumb bullshit like that, it has such a high score because there's not a whole lot to find at fault with it. It's such a competent movie, such a simple story and with such effective performances that you're hard-pressed to find a whole lot to criticize about it. But it's certainly not a fantastic movie, it doesn't really try to be. So if you actually look into these reviews, most of them are like 4/5 or 3.5/5 rather than 5/5 perfect scores. The only thing that sets it apart is that most reviewers simply can't find too much at fault with the movie.

The public at large not understanding RT scores isn't a good reason for a critic to misrepresent his own opinion, though.

It was clearly for attention, which isn't surprising from a critic that shares DNA with Chris Chan.

>comments on movie, says it's propaganda
>didn't even watch it
For example, the catholic church is actually shown in a positive light, so please stop talking

Boo boo bee boo, be more salty you fucking unbelievable faggot

noly shit get a load of the soyboy over here

I would understand giving it a rotten score if he genuinely disliked the movie, but he thought it was a solid movie and only gave it a rotten score for the sake of contrarianism? What a tryhard faggot.

What a piece of shit.

More like when is Christine going to shoot up a movie theater starting a certain blue armed hedgehog

This
Not even the subhumans that live in their flyover states want to be reminded how their failed forced married and poverty styled jobsjobs150 ruined their life and body

Forgivable mistake for the average idiot, but less so for a critic who actually understands what RT scores mean.