Would you like Lex Luthor to be truly "redeemed" and become a superhero or atleast a good guy business man?

Would you like Lex Luthor to be truly "redeemed" and become a superhero or atleast a good guy business man?

Not truly, but I do like not knowing when the turn will come.

At the end of the day? No. Lex is the antithesis of Superman. No one can fill that spot against Supes.
As of right now? Yes, SuperLex is fun, but seeing how it all crumble down will be just as a fun ride.

If it's an Antimatter Universe Lex where evil is good, yes. Or another alternate universe where he's a good guy.

Earth-Whatever-They're-Calling-It-Now's Lex however is a villain permanently. His role as Superman's arch nemesis is too strongly rooted in his publishing identity and nearly the entirety of his personality is based around it.

OP, why did you post post-M-Day Chuck X?

I think it would be cool if he ended up on the side of the good guys but maintained his arrogance and moral flexibility

Not a fan of him being fully redeemed, but him helping in a fight against darkseid if things get severely desperate enough is fine.

What would be the point?

Agreed. Seeing villains go good or heroes go bad can be a fun little detour of a story but I don't think anyone is gullible enough to believe it will ever stick. At the end of the day Superman, Spider-Man and Captain Marvel are Heroes while Lex Luthor, Doctor Octopus and Black Adam are Villains.

No, every character in DC is supposed to represent a concept. Changing that concept fundamentally ruins that character.

>Black Adam are Villains.

Bruce Wayne is pretty much a good version of Lex Luthor. Even their level of obsession rivals each other, but it involves different things, but still both of them fear the threat of Superman-tier level of threats that can destroy humanity.

Isn't he already sort of there?

He's already kind of good though that seems to be changing.

Like what Xanatos was becoming at the end of Gargoyles. That would be cool.

Why would anyone want that?

If Superman had a beginning, middle and end like...Hellboy...yes, I would actually like it in the end.

You mean Sivana, not Black Adam. Adam isn't evil.

Been good since forever evil.

He was in the New 52 and Rebirth, at least a little bit.
I like the idea, but I never want it permanent. Him as a villain is just too good.

No because even if someone manages to pull it off well, someone else will inevitably ruin it and make him go back to being evil later.