Why is this so comfy but if Marvel did it, it'd be cringey?

why is this so comfy but if Marvel did it, it'd be cringey?

>comfy
Please, act like a bigger faggot.

Is that a variant?

Because it's well written .

Oh man, now I really want Katana to meet Kenan and Bat-Man and WW of China. Katana is a total Team Mom on the Outsiders, that'd be great.

Because it would make clear almost all their 'ethic' characters are all Teen/College age girls.

Marvel would likely add non-oriental Asians to pad it out.

Cause you're a biased DCuck who automatically thinks everything DC does is gold and everything Marvel does is shit?

I've forgotten Element Girl's name, all I remember is that she was last seen with the Doom Patrol and was cute as fuck.

>Man, Super-Man, you're so cool! I wish, I Superman, was as cool as you. I find it great that an Asian is Superman and am glad you are supporting people in your community. Many people look up to you, but people shouldn't look up to me because I'm white. Anyway, I love your costume, we should keep in touch!

Kamen Batman is seconds away from asking The Atom for his shrink tech so he can finally stick his dick in Lolita Canary.

wouldn't the Chinese ripoff gang get in trouble for dining with a (nationally, not ethnically) Japanese superhero? Then again I stopped reading New Super-man because the art wasn'y good enough, so I don't know if they're still operating under the thumb of a shady government agency

Emily Sung

He's an interesting character and his book is well written. If DC introduced Superpaki who blew up the white house, "for Kryptonistan is a place of peace", nobody would praise it.

Because this is well-written and they're not being shoved down readers' throats.

Why do you think there isnt a seat for August General in Iron? He's come uninvited to initiate an international incident.

They are but no, probably not. More likely it'd be spun to a PR end by Dr. Omen. That said, you're a total faggot.

Anyone else dislike the way Kenan is drawn on the covers? He looks like a thirty year old.

Really hope this ain't a comic.

even in china nobody likes the government.

>Crazy Shy Lolita Canary hidden next to Mr. Unknown.
>Atom holding up Dr. Light's phone.
I really like that OMAC design. Who's the girl on Dr. Light's right?

Judomaster

In universe because the Marvel superhero community isn't very much of a "community" at all; there's quite a bit more of them in the MU, they mostly don't know one another, and a lot of them spend quite a bit of time being complete assholes to each other on a relatively frequent basis. Some days it seems like ONLY Spider-Man even tries get along with other superheroes and only he has really close friends among them, like Johnny Storm and Daredevil.

Conversely in the DCU there's not as many superheroes but they tend to have strongly shared histories and have spent a lot of time actively on teams with each other and a lot of them have mentored or spent time with each other's KIDS and things like that, rather like a neighborhood of people who all live close together and work at the same office. They also pretty frequently address each other on a first-name basis much more often then Marvel, suggesting greater familiarity with each other.

The out of universe reason is that the talent leakage from Marvel and toxic work environment has gotten out of control and someone like Bendis would likely be put on this book and it would be fucking garbage.

Katana is japanese you racist fuck

>includes Grace Choi in the background.
Nice

It looks like Judomaster

Judomaster

>Canary girl
>not Superbat

it's not fair

Batman Japan will never not be shit. From the name to the costume. Fuck that shit.

I didn't say she wasn't? The flag is on her mask dude.

So are Doctor Light and Lolita Angel

so why would she be teammom for a bunch of chinese?

>OMAC is now Asian

Because all of the original characters exist in their own books, and not one of these characters is being pushed as "better", "smarter", "cooler" than the original version.

This....actually makes a lot of sense.

Because New Super-Man is a fairly traditional hero story that takes place in china and stars chinese people. the characters and setting inform the story but ultimately the book is about kenan doing super hero shit and learning lessons

marvel would have kenan team up with all the other asian heroes for a maximum diversity showdown and if he blew up he'd be stuck in tie in hell like kamala

Has been since the nu52
He's Cambodian and named Kevin Kho

Its not about the company, its about the manner.

New Super-Man is respectful to Superman, both in universe and on a Meta Level. He's a good character, showing growth, flaws, etc. Not a America-esqe mary sue.

Also a great writer.

>Chinese and Koreans enjoying the company of Japanese
Way to break my suspension of disbelief.

>Create new minority Superman
>Old Superman still exists and has two comics
Gee, I dunno.

Why was she a team mom for fucking Geo-Force and Halo m8.

To me it's cool that he's actually Chinese, rather than a typical middle-class American who is only distinguished from other characters by his ethnicity.

And it helps to flesh out the universe, which is always nice.

When was the last time Dr. Light 2 appeared in a comic? I legitimately cannot remember. Half the people in that image haven't been seen in years.

Who's the redhead at the back?

Grace Choi

Because Kenan is an actual character that doesn't shit on Clark to try and make Kenan seem legitimate

He's quite illegitimate actually and actually kind of an asshole so seeing him learn what it means to be Superman is pretty engaging

IIRC she appeared as an assistant to New52 Dr Light in Trinity War.

New 52 version appeared as the non-superhero wife of the mostly-known-for-raping-Sue-Dibney Doctor Light.

>this new

see bad blood between those nations and their peoples.

No, I was just here long before that faggotry took a hold. I blame /cm/ and obnoxious hugbox faggots like you.

>tfw people call you an idiot for retarded shitposting and you pretend it's because they're new to Sup Forums instead
You're a frogposter in all but name you little prick.

I wonder if the Black Lightning show will use her and get her brought back in the comics.

Hopefully. CW isn't generally shy about lesbian stuff.

Ah, I see. So based on the character of Kenan, Tatsu, Bang and Peng you think they're all just going to immediately devolve into nationalist violence?

Having read these comics, you think Katana will be like "Fuck no, the Chinese!" and try to cut off like Bat-Man of China's head whereas Wonder-Woman of China will be all "Japanese devil! Now I will revenge Nanking!" and try to impale Katana?

That's what you think would happen on any precept or set-up for these guys being on a team?

I think she appeared in the last arc of Justice League International, I believe it was. The Canadian one with Stargirl.

So if this is the hero table, who deserves to be on the villain table?

yes.
wonder woman of china would definitely see katana as a personification of the perpetrators of nanking

Egg Fu

>The prison's called the crabshell
>Bat-Man of China's nemesis is Alpaca (Grass Mud Horse) who opposes the Chinese government's control
>Both are anti censorship terminology used by Chinese internet users
Gene really does his research
>All that effort for Kenan's fucking name

It is shy about using Amazons and Atlanteans because they don't want to step on the toes of the movies

Too bad that doesn't extend to using Batman villains

Isn't Katana still considered a wanted criminal in Japan?

Wonder-Woman of China probably doesn't even know about Nanking.
She's hinted to be mystical and that she's been literally "sleeping under a rock"

I mean I do actually think Deilan might have a problem there because she's been alive for hundreds/thousands of years and is a figure from Chinese folklore (but she's not Monkey as others seem to think). It depends how much of history she's actually seen a la BUT that would be an interesting dynamic and not one that would instantly fall apart because there are national tensions between the countries. These are still individual people and heroes and the book is to a large extent about that in NSM, and also in the Batman and the Outsiders comic that's being referred to. So it's totally possible a team would work here and Katana would play team mom to these teens, and it's hardly racist to claim that would be fun vs, all Chinese and Japanese people instantly being murderously at each other's throats. You fucking retard.

It's a joke, man.

But August General in Iron would absolutely be a dick about the Japs. Chinese Bat-Man would probably be his Japanese counterpart the stink-eye too.

I doubt Kenan would give a shit about World War 2 transgressions since he's a dumb teenager who's not very patriotic himself.
His father was redpilled and I've met teens in China who got over WW2 and even watch anime.

It's not just that.
Kenan's flat out considered as a bootleg Super-Man by other characters.
August General got pissed at Omen for doing that

There's more to it of course, but if you want to encapsulate the problem with Marvel's """"""""""Legacies"""""""""" it's that they fucking discarded all of their popular characters to make them seem great.

Current Egg Fu isn't a villain.

OMAC is back?

Name something Marvel does that is not cringy as fuck user?

I doubt it. I'm pretty sure this is just a variant cover where they decided to cram together every Asian DC hero they could think of for fun.

Isn't that Bombshell's going by the coat, not the main universe?

Current Nova ongoing?

Harley looks luscious here. I genuinely want to fuck this cartoon.

DC isn't using it to stroke their ego.

Which is a shame because I'd like Dr. Light, Grace Choi, Omac and Judomaster to come back

It's her solo, but it doesn't seem like it's entirely canon anyway so your statement still applies in essence.

Still, shame they've discarded the cool as hell 52 version.

it's probably from one of the Harley's Little Black Book issues, there was a team up with regular Harley and Bombshell Harley

DC does "diversity" and "inclusiveness" with class and respect their readers intelligence.

>To me it's cool that he's actually Chinese, rather than a typical middle-class American who is only distinguished from other characters by his ethnicity.

This.

Marvel seems to be only 'progressive' diverse, they have different ethnicity but everyone comes from the same Middle America cookie cutter background and has the same liberal views.

DC heroes seem more genuinely diverse, they come from different actual countries, some of the have views which disagree with liberal Americans.

Marvel just seems smaller.

Because everything Marvel does is cringe?

>someone like Bendis would likely be put on this book
Either that or some tumblr-tier Chinese girl who maybe wrote a novel once, or something, with zero comics experience. Paired with a quirky webcomic artist.

And it would take place in either NYC, a college, or a college in NYC.

This too, the worldbuilding and international flavor is interesting and fairly fresh.

It doesn't help that the overwhelming majority of Marvel heroes operate out of the same area.

Because Marvel has been doing this shit with the subtlety of leveling a building with a nuke. I don't mind with you wanna mix shit up, but y'all don't need to pat yourselves on the back for it so hard

Love it when DC goes international and they don't fuck their research up.

but, everything marvel does *is* shit tho

Why are there tojos mixed with chinks in that image?

Man-of-Bats was based as fuck

Because it's self aware.

black orchid?

Fuck you, bitch.

Because Marvel would have one of their old guard white boys writing it...

You get a real sense of Yang's passion for the DC Universe itself while at the same time retooling it for better representation of Chinese culture

It also feels blunt with its honesty.
It's representing China and the Chinese.
Not glorifying but not demonizing it in every way.

This is probably my favorite part of it. It looks at China, it's culture and it's people, and takes the good with the bad. It's kind of refreshing after all the pro-Chinese shit that a lot of movies put in to get that China box office.

Man I would not want to get caught in a dark alley with El Gaucho. Dude looks like a total rapist.

Are Judomaster, Katana and Dr. Light different characters?

I can't tell if you're joking or not, but yes. I'm not sure if their team affiliations even overlap.

Not literally. Of course they're different characters. But are they written any different? I guess I can bound Dr. Light individually, but the others have been little more than ciphers in the books I've read. I guess the fem Judomaster was only a small time legacy In JSoA, tho.

>Batman calling for more food
Lul