Can we all agree that it's not as good as we expected? It's okay but nothing really outstanding...

Can we all agree that it's not as good as we expected? It's okay but nothing really outstanding, I still prefer older seasons. Just an okayish cartoon so far.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zll7JGhaBec
youtube.com/watch?v=OnliDQ2DyDg
youtube.com/watch?v=tgCzKdKH0VY
youtu.be/JVJxlWMy7kc
youtu.be/v8nyGzOLsdw
youtu.be/sReQrbJVc6c
youtu.be/x7QqijTXvaU
youtu.be/H1nwhp9HJls
youtube.com/watch?v=5QcvS9Y2lAw
youtube.com/watch?v=bmkxsQnNujI
youtube.com/watch?v=ppMe1I0xVo8
youtube.com/watch?v=JCruvmQQSiE
youtube.com/watch?v=VOPY-nnfmk8&t
youtube.com/watch?v=z99soDX7oXc
youtube.com/watch?v=Wg5MYbzLwKo
youtube.com/watch?v=vnXhTNbRfsU
youtube.com/watch?v=DYKV6BdeWp8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Don't expect Sup Forums to agree.
I personally do, though I also recognize that a higher quality cartoon probably is no longer possible in this "modern" era of the past decade.

First three episodes were incredible. The fourth episode was a disappointment largely because it was very dialogue heavy, there weren't enough long periods of time of pure action or scene/mood setting, the two things Samurai Jack excels at most. I know a lot of people hate Ashi. I'm reserving judgement, but if Ashi is by Jack's side in every episode going forward then I'll be pissed.

Can we all agree that samurai jack faggots are about as obnoxious as steven universe fags? You retards have no idea how to keep your horseshit in one thread.

I don't watch this but can I just say that just over a week ago I saw threads praising SJ and Genndy and how "this is a revival done RIGHT" and real positive memes about it but now....
Such is Sup Forums

The third episode was nowhere NEAR incredible. Even the second had serious issues throughout.

I don't think it's worse than previous seasons. It's more mature in terms of drama and psychology. Scenes of nature are beautiful, good ecology lesson. But there's also a lot of action and suspense. Overall new Jack is somewhat different but keeps with old one with quality.

People will call you a troll, but I agree.
This is the "epic finally"?
This is it?
What were they thinking!?! Genndy wrote this entire season with the idea that jack never killed anyone but that's because he forgot his own show.
>Pic related
What a hack.

>The third episode was nowhere NEAR incredible
The third episode is the best animated thing that I have seen in years, you don't know shit.

sage and ignore bait threads

It's almost like Sup Forums is fickle and unpleasable

It's actually better than I expected.
All of these complaints seem really petty and easily ignored.

>not as good as we expected
That depends on what you expected.

Is it better than the original show? Yes.

That's pretty much all you should have expected. If it was worse, then it's a waste of time. If it's better, then it's achieved its purpose.

Did you expect Lawrence of Arabia?

If you can't spell epic FINALE correctly, your opinion probably isn't very well-founded.
And you mentioned what is probably THE flimsiest reason to hate the new season. I watched that ep recently, there was NO indication any of them were dead 100%.

After 13 years? No, I expected something better.

I'm disappointed overall. First three episodes included. It is decent but has nowhere near the same level of strong, unified artistic vision. Also there's quite a lot of forced conveniences that "miraculously" spare Jack's life that really remind me that this a just a cartoon. There are no stakes, he is never in any real danger, etc.

>If you can't spell epic FINALE correctly
wrong

Not a contradiction ya tard

>Can we all agree
>we
stop that.

Also I will judge if I WATCHED THE WHOLE FUCKING SEASON

What's wrong?

>is the best animated thing that I have seen in years
You poor sad, deprived little thing.

This.

>The third episode was nowhere NEAR incredible.

Because...?

Alright, what's wrong with the first three episodes. Justify yourselves.

wrong

>man loads of people sure are enjoying this thing
>I know what I'll do! I'll post about how shit it is on a Mongolian Basketweaving board for (You)'s

A lot of animation errors, too much music where it was not needed, meh animation and pacing issues at times

and those stock sounds...

No real explanation why Jack was suddenly better
Ashi had terrible voice acting and dialogue
The Emperor portion feels like a shoehorned retcon

No.

I have enjoyed every episode so far.

Fuck off back to your "Steven Autism" threads.

>Ashi had terrible voice acting and dialogue

(you)

youtube.com/watch?v=zll7JGhaBec

This scene is pure cringe

It's not any particular group of fans, it's the general influx of people who can't handle the idea that someone might scroll past their inane thought without reading it, and so they have to start a new thread for every post and/or use bait phrasing for whatever point they want to make

>literal art happens after the shit we've seen lately
>People still want something higher

You faggots are so fickle and stupid. Just because the story slows down doesn't mean mean the show is some huge let down. So ungrateful and picky. Back in the day you'd be lucky to have a Tom and Jerry in the morning. We're given literal gold and you fags still find some nitpick to have with it. Get better taste.

>Can we all agree

No. This is Sup Forums, there is no "everyone agreeing" here.

>Jack walks near her after he binds her to the tree
>she starts kicking her feet helplessly at him

Nigga that is kawaii.

All we want is a return to the cartoon quality of the early 2000s, but with continuity added in. Is that really so much to ask?

>using "ungrateful" as an argument opposing someone's criticism

You are fucking retarded, don't bother posting in any thread, because you can't be taken seriously.

>i have no sense of discretion or critical thinking and like to lap up shit if it looks good enough

>years

Who let you out if your cave?

>Is it better than the original show? Yes.

No. It's equally bad.

You know something is fucked up around here when I can't tell whether you're agreeing or not.

>>literal art happens after the shit we've seen lately

All animation is art in the literal sense, you pretentious twat.

Most modern cartoons don't qualify as dogshit, let alone art.

>nah, he was a robot

I really hoped that Daughters of Aku is just a thing for 2 or 3 episodes, they aren't interesting at all. Since it seems that subplot is going to stick till the end, I doubt I'll like this new season. Well, happens.

The emperor portion were arguably some of the most powerful scenes in the show, and it couldn't be tackled in the previous seasons because, you know, CN.

>No real explanation why Jack was suddenly better

Mentally, physically?

>Ashi had terrible voice acting and dialogue

That's just your Tara Strong hateboner speaking. There's nothing particularly wrong with Ashi's voice. At worse, it is not as good as the top tier acting of the other characters of the show.

Enough with this stupid contrarian bullshit. I don't see how anyone who liked the original series could dislike this one. As someone who saw most of it as a kid, the shift in tone is perfect; but it still has the essence of old Jack.

Realistically, you can't even criticize the new season properly until it's finished. For now, all we can do is complain about whether Jack is going to fuck Ashi or not.

All I know is, whatever happens, people will still bitch about it.

No, I don't agree with faggots.

/thread

This promo shot reminds me of BotW.

>Mentally, physically?
Both. I also forgot to mention how forgettable the episode was overall, compared to the previous two. I literally had to look up the episode summary on Wikipedia to write this stuff even though I watched it pretty recently.

This new Jack doesn't have scenes like this one
youtube.com/watch?v=OnliDQ2DyDg

This one is a lot better than Jack vs Daughters
youtube.com/watch?v=tgCzKdKH0VY
It's simply worse and it should not have happened, since it's one season dedicated to one ongoing arc. It should have been better.

>Can we all agree that it's not as good as we expected?

1. It's better
2. You can never get everyone to agree because Sup Forums is a Sup Forums board. People will disagree just to spite you or to feel important.
3. It's particularly stupid to ask if everyone agrees when you know your opinion is in the minority. The new season has gotten universal praise and nowhere outside of Sup Forums will you find people calling it "okay-ish".

seconded

What was the last ongoing show Sup Forums didn't turn on? In general, I mean-obviously everything will have it's critics.

It had several scenes like these, what are you even talking about.

FUCKING THIS

THIS is why it seems mediocre, every fucking episode should be top notch, not some filler shit.

If the old show in its episodic nature had better single episodes, what does it mean? It means that Genndy didn't work hard for this new season.

>This season shouldn't exist because it hasn't reached the peaks of the previous seasons even thought it is not finished yet.

>Should have been better

It's not done yet, fcs. If you deprive yourself of anything that isn't as good as the best samurai jack episodes, then you probably have very few things in your life

The other seasons' first episodes were each better than any of the four aired episodes of season 5.

That's not true at all.

That's just your opinion, thought. And you're probably on the minority on that aspect

It's just as good as expected

It is. I recently rewatched both.
That's not to say season 5, especially in the first two episodes, doesn't have some great moments.

I felt so bad for good animation deprived user, so here you go buddy:
youtu.be/JVJxlWMy7kc
youtu.be/v8nyGzOLsdw
youtu.be/sReQrbJVc6c
youtu.be/x7QqijTXvaU
youtu.be/H1nwhp9HJls

I also have rewatched both, and you are wrong.

grow up, my man.

lol

>What a hack

>Creator said they didn't die way before the new series

K

It's better I expected. Original was great but far from perfect and flawed. This one is better, still flawed but also great.

Also if you need consensus of others to agree with your opinion to feel really validated you should just kill yourself.

whats better?

I watched original Samurai Jack when it was airing back in 2001 and I couldn't wait for a conclusion. I rewatched all seasons on Adult Swim marathon so I could experience it again as an adult and it was even better than before.

This season however feels like its lacks a soul. It's just there, there is nothing magical about it, nothing spectacular. Some scenes are way too long, some are too short and there wasn't anything worth remembering really. I don't care about animation issues or whatever, since they don't make a big difference but overall there is nothing that screams "next episode of Jack is going to be even more epic!".

I can already see that 10 best episodes of older seasons are going to surpass new ones dramatically.

>western trash
Let me guess, short films with generic "so le deep xD" moments. Pass.
at least you tried.

>not linking the white/black ninja fight
>or anything from seasons of death
Plenty of original SJ is leaps and bounds better than this final season so far. It's okay on its own, but not good enough as a swan song.

>This season however feels like its lacks a soul. It's just there, there is nothing magical about it, nothing spectacular.

That's horse shit.

Nostalgia goggles aren't needed when everything modern is shit.*
*very slight exaggeration possibly present as you may be able to find a few counterexamples, but you get the idea

No, the action sequences and production value are a step above even the first 4 seasons, Clone Wars, and Sym-Bionic Titan. There's a greater focus on story while still allowing for one-off plots to happen in the background, keeping the style the same, while only enhancing the things we liked about it before. Season 5, when it's finished, is probably going to be the best thing Genndy Tartakovsky has ever made.
Also bait harder

The two links other user posted are better than the two examples you gave.

Nostalgia goggles is when your nostalgia warps a past thing into seeming better than it is. Clearly this is not the case, as they're still excellent. Thanks for confirming your general lack of comprehension.

>magic
>has no soul
>everything was better when I was 10. Now I'm a sad loser that can't enjoy good things
Words of a true contrarian.

Genndy seemed pretty thrilled to work on Samurai Jack again. If anything, the new season is more consistent with his original inspiration for Samurai Jack

youtube.com/watch?v=5QcvS9Y2lAw

42:42

ouch, I felt that one and I'm a different user

That's wrong. It doesn't have the same "magic" when I was 10 years old.

But that's assuming his original inspiration was a better idea in the first place. Clearly, many do not agree with that.

user confirmed for blind spewing contrarian and/or no sense of taste. You didn't even look at them, right?

This entire thread is why it's difficult to discuss fucking anything on this forsaken board. You fucks will be contrarians on fucking anything on something you hype the shit out of and complain and nitpick about the media not having your standards.

It's as good or better than expected.

It's funny how your shit grammar has destroyed your attempted insult, as I can't figure out what you were actually trying to say specifically.

Bullshit.

It's "le so deep" if you want to use it that way.

No, because I wasn't expecting anything revolutionary to begin with. Ir more or less in line with what I remember for the first 4 seasons, so I'm not disappointed.

It might just be the nostalgia talking, but I'm having a blast.

I want the OST already. As well as the remixed theme song

What a cute wife.

youtube.com/watch?v=bmkxsQnNujI
youtube.com/watch?v=ppMe1I0xVo8
youtube.com/watch?v=JCruvmQQSiE
youtube.com/watch?v=VOPY-nnfmk8&t
youtube.com/watch?v=z99soDX7oXc
youtube.com/watch?v=Wg5MYbzLwKo
youtube.com/watch?v=vnXhTNbRfsU
youtube.com/watch?v=DYKV6BdeWp8

Okay fucks, give me one moment from the new season that is better than anything from that

Be fair with yourself.

And unless you're here to laugh at these faggots, you should probably vacate the board.

Some here I've liked but not feeling up to digging up more because this thread is now contrarian

>evading
Thanks for playing

It's not bullshit. The shinobi fight is spectacular but only lasts for a relatively small portion of the episode, while the whole bounty hunters episode is amazing, and the Aku fight scene in question is better by itself.

And I never understood the hype over the seasons episode, it doesn't reach these three.

nice

This is just ridiculous though. Show's not even over yet.