If the X-Men were given the MCU treatment, would it be profitable franchise like the Avengers now are...

If the X-Men were given the MCU treatment, would it be profitable franchise like the Avengers now are? What would be your first couple of movies?

My shitty opinion would be

1. O5 intro vs. Brotherhood ending in being captured by Krakoa island.
2. Giant Size 1 ending in Phoenix Manifestation
3. Dark Phoenix Saga

Maybe

4. Brood War
5. God Loves Man Kills

>O5 intro

Cut your dick off and eat it

Jesus Christ, enough with the Phoenix bullshit!

It's not interesting in the comics, and it's not interesting in the films!

Let's see what you can come up with genius

They would have probably stuck Alpha Flight in there somewhere to push Northstar as their token gay.

Ok.

Humans loves xmen. Quips. No wolverine vs cyclops banter.

Race bending for teen characters.

Gtg.

Magento and his brotherhood
Sentinels
Mojo
Hellfire Club
Children of the Vault
Apocalypse
Mr. Sinister
Onslaught
Cassandra Nova

It's really not hard. I'm just tired of everyone acting like Phoenix is the end game when it's just Jean being an attention whore.

That's like 10 movies. You'd have to understand you need a compelling first 2 for the franchise to succeed. The first one being the most important of re-introducing them in a compelling way

Only answer.

I'm with this guy. Phoenix shit is played out and Jean Grey is boring.

Honestly, it feels really weird to me that space plays such a big part of X-men history too.

So why the fuck would you do the O5 as the first movie? No one gave a shit about those shits in the 60s, 80s 00s, 10s or any other time an O5 nostalgia book was created

Because you need the first movie needs to be an introduction to the franchise and that's the O5. I agree that Jean / Phoenix has been rehashed too many times now but I think the OPs idea has some merit.

What I'm gonna do is O5 vs Brotherhood where Jean manifests very subtle Phoenix like powers just as a nod to comic readers but Mags just kills her outright on the grand battle Morrison style.

This leads to Scott mourning / being distracted on the last 10 mins of the film being the Krakoa mission which causes the rest to be captured at end of the movie. This opens up the sequel of Giant Size rescue, and O5 leaving coz they don't trust Scott anymore. Make the Krakoa a brood "pet" or something if you want the last part of the film be the Brood Saga.

I agree that God Loves is a good book but they need to add a lot more action scenes in it to be film worthy

>Because you need the first movie needs to be an introduction to the franchise and that's the O5

Wrong. There's absolutely no reason you can't begin in medias res. Whenever people ask for where to being X-men everyone says Giant Size X-men, why should the movies be any different? Jean is a cancer on the franchise

You don't need the o5 for any of that. X-men has been around in movies long enough that most people get the gist of it. The concept itself is flexible enough that you could honestly use any team you wanted.

Kind of funny really. The team is interchangeable cogs while the big draw outside factors (rights, magneto, etc) are set in stone.

Just use morrison version for tv.

>Brother hood
>Phoenix/dark Phoenix
>Apocalypse
>Morrison
>Mday/messiah saga (3 movie saga of course)
Stick as close to the storyline as possible.

I don't watch tv but if this happened I would break down and get cable tv.

>No Wolverine vs Cyclops banter

Come on, we know they will do it. Especially with how popular Tony and Steve's banter were in Avengers. And then there is GOTG which is nothing but banter among the group.

2000's X-Men handled an introduction to the characters easily enough.
>Bring in outsider (Logan, Rogue).
>"Here's all the major players, guys. Oh we're a school. For people like us, people with powers."
>"Cool shit. Who's the nerd with the sunglasses?"
>"Someone of no consequence. Don't worry, he dies off screen in the sequel."
>"Fuck you, Destiny."

Can you faggots stop with the "X-Men needs to be in the MCU" bullshit? Not every single superhero movie needs to be made by Disney, Deadpool and Logan were better than any Avengers related movie.

Doesn't have to be Disney faggot we just want to speculate what we would want if its guaranteed to be "done properly"

You have to add something more man not just the first 10 mins. Thinking maybe mutant massacre