So I see a lot of people claiming TLJ "ruined" Luke Skywalker by making him old and jaded...

So I see a lot of people claiming TLJ "ruined" Luke Skywalker by making him old and jaded, but what about the storyline in the Old EU where just a few years after ROTJ he is fully converted the the dark side by a clone of Palpatine?

Nobody pretends this wasn't terrible too.
One thing being bad doesn't justify the other thing being bad too.

Sup Forums are morons who haven't seen the movie

Luke literally died as a hero for the Resistance.

They didnt ruin him

But they also didnt vindicate his presence in the film

The one complaint I see that I dont get is how did he turn on Kylo, that I dont get because its shown in the OT that Luke was prone to giving into his emotions and anger but always stopped himself.

We already have cam rips and they fucked Luke in every fucking sense

>he is fully converted the the dark side by a clone of Palpatine
No, he isn't. He works as a double agent in order to undermine Palpatine and deliver the killing blow.

Dark Empire was schlock, but it was nowhere near as bad as the current films.

nobody ever cared about those faggy EU books

Loved those comics as a kid.

This had a storyline, while not expertly written, that had tied up all its plot-threads, developed characters, and had a definitive ending.

I cant say the same for any of the recent Star Wars films.

He literally saves the resistance from destruction at the end of the movie but okay.

You could argue he gives into his emotions here, he starts to ignite his lightsaber over Kylo and then he's like oh shit what am I doing. The actively trying to kill Kylo is in Kylo's telling of the scene.

>You must choose between Nu-Wars or shitty EU fanfic
Horseshoe theory is real.

He died nonsensically in a scene that was perfectly tailored to justifying his survival.
Clearly a last minute rewrite for some bizarre fucking reason.

He didn't give in though. He stopped himself, but it was too late.

Dark Empire is pretty widely mocked too you know

He'll still be around as a force ghost.

Yeah but unless you're in a very flammable and sacred library you're safe

Except Old EU Luke still kicked the Emperors ass and became the grand master of the jedi order instead of a nephew murdering hermit who drinks sloth milk and abandonend his friends and the galaxy.

kek

Yeah, but Luke wasn't portrayed as pathetic or impotent in the EU.

Luke became dark because he decided he needed to fully experience both sides of the force to really understand it. Was fucking based, unlike these faggot films along with you shills and your limp defense of these faggot films.

literally false.