Sup Forums hates Episode VII because it was too safe and didn't take any risks

>Sup Forums hates Episode VII because it was too safe and didn't take any risks
>Sup Forums hates Episode VIII because it took an unexpected direction and departed too much from the originals
Why don't you faggots just admit you'll never be happy with a new Star Wars movie no matter how good it is?

Nope, Sup Forums loves ROTS.

7 is better than 8

They're both bad.

7 is a copy

8 is boring and terrobçe, it's original but it doesn't mean it's supposed to be good

By the way, i have seen the entire film in cinemas, not just a bunch of out of context camrip webms. It is a stellar movie; better than ANH and almost as good as ESB and ROTJ. My only real gripe with it was that it was a bit too long and the humour sometimes undercut the dramatic tension.

well you're right, I probably won't. In the end they are just replacing characters I cared for with ones I dont.

I hate those movies because they're fucking trash written by and for idiots.
>Sup Forums shits all over 7
>says it's a carbon copy of 4, Kylo Ren is like Darth Vader if he were the world's whiniest faggot and Rey is the biggest Mary Sue you'll ever fucking see
>think they must be exaggerating and go see it anyway
>they're 100% correct, if anything it's worse

Not falling for this shit a second time, Disney.

Because Sup Forums can never be happy. This is the best SW film since 1983 for the reasons you mentioned. It is true to the bold risk taking and originality of the OT. PT also took risks, true to the spirit of the OT, those risks just seldom paid off. This time they did, for me.

>muh reviewers who were probably threatened that if they cross the mouse they'll never be invited to another early disney movie showing again/given swag bags full of chinese made shit

Wait until the user review crops up.

Movies are going to have professional reviewer/user reviewer skews like video games have.

Yeah, they kind of slipped into that terribile Marvel humor that completely breaks the pathos. Luke getting the dust of his shoulder almost killed the kino scene at the end. But why do I even care about discussion, autists and poltards hated it and the shill army came to the rescue in full force. Sup Forums will be shit forma the next 4 months, goodbye.

It's almost as if a movie has to do a wide range of things right to be a good movie. Nothing to see here, OP was a faggot again, abandon bread.

>8
>original

It's a goddamned esb rehash with some rotj thrown in

What?

Are you slow in the head or something?

Episode 8 mirrors a shit ton of stuff from empire and jedi.

Luke brushing dust off his shoulder was dumb, drags down what could have been the most memorable star wars moment ever, wasn't a big fan of him doing the limbo either, rest was kino though

The similarities are superficial. The movies are structured completely differently.

>anyone who likes what I don’t is Sup Forums
OBSESSED

that's actually not true at all

You're right. I'm sure all the autists screeching about how women and niggers are ruining star wars come from some other board.

Nice post, tourist. Is this your first time here?

IT'S LIKE POTTERY, IT RHYMES, YA DUMMIES

>someone makes a good point about look who just happens to also be white and the main character being shit on.
>FUCKING Sup Forums!!!!! IT WAS HER TURN!!!!

What risks did 8 take? Literally lever fucking sequence is desperately reminiscent of 5/6.

Cloud City, Hoth, Emperor's Throne, the fucking Elevator, Dagobah. Even the escape plot was a condensed Battlestar Galactica plotline.

I did like some new additions, like most of Kylo/Rey force interactions, but come on.

Yes, the battle on the planet Kholdd is at the end, instead of like in ESB where the battle on the planet Hoth is at the beginning.

>look

>164 posts in the last 2 days about how SW is cultural Marxism aren't Sup Forums
Nigga what. Enjoy your pointless battle with the shills. TLJ was a very good movie but if this is the direction they're taking they might as well have started from the rolling titles of EP7 instead of giving us the crap that it ended up being. Luke's death was kino btw.

Majority of unprofessionals/fans/normalfags disliked the movie or found it extremely "meh" here in Europe.

Wonder how Americans will react to this trainwreck of a movie.

How much do they pay (You) per post?

It seems like they just did the opposite of everything.

Okay, Luke/Rey disobeys their master in order to help friends. Only in 5, Luke is young and brash and ultimately wrong, but in 8, Rey is young and brash, but ultimately right.

Luke/Rey attempts to convert Vader/Kylo. Vader becomes good, Kylo becomes more evil.

Battle on ice planet takes place at end instead of beginning.

I'd make some parallel to Cloud City, but it really seems like Finn's whole story is filler and of no consequence. Like he's only included because he was a main character in the first one, so they make him go on this ridiculous self-contained journey and throw in Phasma too.

Only because of how unintentionally hilarious it is. Just like TDKR

Anyone have a picture of the guy giving it a 100 even though he says it's not perfect?