I don't get it

I don't get it.

Then you don't deserve to get it.

you need to read most of the comic to understand it

...Is this some sort of reference to Kandor?

Kind of. It's a reference to Stalingrad, which is Kandor's stand-in in Red Son.

fpbp

As legend has it, Millar is still coming after furiously jerking himself off to that outstanding example of word-wrought magnificence.

I mean, I remember reading it and just hitting me so, Sup Forums. I just thought to myselft --as I clumsily waded through wild torrents of Stendahl's overdrive- "I want to sex this man"

That just reminds me of golden age superman linking planets together with a chain(?) and dragging them around

Never did either, or maybe I forgot. I think it's related to Kandor but that's it.

He's got the whole world, in his hands
He's got the whole world, in his hands
You've got the whole world, in your hands

FPBP

Been ages since I have read Red Son but the basic gist is that Lex Luthor defeated Commie Superman by calling his bluff: IE the only way to stop "evil" in the world is to basically turn Earth into a prison planet IE "putting it in a bottle" ala Kandor, which IIRC is a gulag in Red Son where Commie Superman imprisons political prisoners.

Does Braniac do that?

It's a gulag now but it started as brainac Imprisoning everyone which Commie Supes was against and Lex showed him to a hypocrite

So he made Superman feel guilty. He beat Superman with guilt?

Well, it's not as if he's capable of beating Superman by matching or surpassing his strength

yep. Why are comics so shit?

More than that, he showed Superblyat that he'd become the very monster he'd sworn to protect the world from.

Superman is ashamed he didn't think of such a great idea first.

Sounds like a plan to me.

Yes, it's a reference to how Braniac in that universe bottled Stalingrad. Superman was never able to reverse the effects and is one of his bigger failures.

>He beat Superman with guilt?
Yes, because Superman despite everything that had happened he still genuinely wanted to do what's best for people. Red Sun superman isn't a villain superman like Injustice murder happy superman.

Absolute power.

the one thing I wish was in Red Son was a little blurb at the end, when Superman was rattling off all of Luthors achievements, that he was also able to rescale Stalingrad

>Communist Superman isn't a villain
>Nazi Superman isn't a villain
What did they mean by this?

Superman isn't a villain most of the time

This made me so disappointed after the rest of it.

Kind of an interesting commentary on certain far-left (and, to be fair, far right) ideologies like communism too. You try to make the world perfect and you'll either fail or rob everyone on Earth of their individual will.
Its a lot like what Jack Kirby was writing about in the early Fourth World stuff, where order and perfection and eternal sustainability is evil and chaos is good.

>Zod Superman isn't a villain

>This sounds like a bad life to anyone

But naw mannnn, like, crime and poverty is just like, the human expeeeerience maaaan.

Even with different contexts, he's still the same basic person.

The only way to achieve perfection like this is through measures that are less tolerable than crime and poverty.

>accidents never happen
nigga what

He was lobotomizing people.

No, he beat him with a Rotten Tomatoes score

>Why don't you put all your anger in a bottle?

Yeah, that's the point.

Superman is there to save the day
Every time

It's not hard.

It doesn't sound bad on paper until you hit that last part. Everyone in the world having the same mindset in public AND private implies a threat.

It's not a threat
It's the implication
No one's really in danger

Even assuming that, there's no way that everyone in the world would feel the exact same about something.

In any given temperature, some people might be too cold while others might be too hot and a third set might be comfortable.

And not one of these people with different points of view on something as small as that have any kind of dissenting thoughts from Superman's world-changing ideas?

So basically Injustice?

Sounds like a boring life.

it's
>implying
that Superman is always listening and removes any dissenting opinions

what a thread that was

It's fine and dandy until you remember he turned people into robo-zombies for expressing dissent.

Why don't you just rotate the Earth in the opposite direction to reverse time, Superman?

Lex stopped superman from pulling a Maken. Maken who is in pic related, in one ending can eat the psi of all living being on the planets and control them until the end of earth. Maken was made to be a man-made god. Game is called Maken X. It is a rather fun game.

I prefer the explanation that Superman actually achieved FTL and sent himself back in time, but the perspective made it seem as though he was rotating the planet while he was staying outside Earth's atmosphere to avoid causing global hypersonic booms but remaining in its orbit to avoid having to fly whatever distance it would be behind him in the past.

Though that still raises a few questions.

>So he made Superman feel guilty. He beat Superman with guilt?
No he defeated him by changing his perspective and expanding his ability to perceive.

>Lol I'm going to defeat communism by centrally planning the entire economy and directly controlling the means of production!

Does Miller actually get why communism is bad?

clearly he thinks it is merely a case of bad leaders

also Millar, not Miller

>a boss battle against the pope set inside the Vatican.
Every time, Japan. Every time.

Yeah, he wasn't. He was a bit hard-edged and didn't care about authorities too much at first but he was nowhere near a villain.

>It's the implication
What uh, what implication?

That something might happen. Not that something is going to happen.
It's just people are thinking Superman can hear anything, be anywhere, invulnerable, unstoppably strong. So there's, you know.

The implication.

>golden age superman
Silver age. Golden age Superman is the one who threatened bankers and the like with annihilation if they didn't leave the little guy alone.

only with an actual well-thought story this time

is it not?

It's like you refuse to get the point of the book or something.
This is all very basic stuff here. How are so many people having a hard time with this?

Sort of like how when you invite a woman to your yacht she has to sleep with you because of the implication of not consenting when she's in the middle of the ocean with no one else but you around.

I dunno, man... Seems a bit rapey to me.
Great fucking bit.

You're giving Millar too much credit. He doesn't even know what Communism is.