Weekend Sup Forums creation thread

Or /coc/ thread if that's what you look for in the catalog.

Wiki:
the-conservatory.wikia.com/wiki/The_Sup Forumsnservatory_Wiki

Last weekend's thread:
desuarchive.org/co/thread/91369037/

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/PQWPdLxM
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colt_Official_Police
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weighted-knuckle_glove
brellom.tumblr.com/post/159621517816
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Last time:

-New pics
-The Rage Racer origin script continues to be worked on
-A character designed around using a battering ram
-More about whatever magic BS sustains VFT's being
-Other things I didn't mention

Also, it's Easter weekend, so I don't really expect us to make it to Monday.

And here I am with more Rage Racer. 2 pages more, in fact. We are now through 2 of the 4 events that create our swearing speedster. Now with no edited previous pages! That's right I was too lazy this time around!

pastebin.com/PQWPdLxM

As always critiques are encouraged. This time around I felt like the entire ninth page was pretty cobbled together, so that particular page I'd love to hear opinions on. However once the script is done I can give a proper editing. I also did as I promised and worked on some art. When I get a minuet i can upload a Blackout concept.

Anyone?

Line 262
Change could to can.

There's a lot going on in panel 1 of page 9.
You might want to have the lines the radio is saying be on the next panel after it has been adjusted by Joe.

Line 264
You said "conversing with each other" twice.

Line 266
>keep doing this stupid lottery
Change doing to playing.

Line 268
>I can handle to try my luck again.
Change "to try" to "trying".

Line 281
>radios
radio's

Line 283
>There you can choose any 6 random 2 digit numbers and that is your guess of the winning jackpot number.
Whole second half of that sentence is all kinds of weird.

>So next week your need to
week when you need to

>and you could get be the next winner
Get rid of that get.

Line 291
>RR is wearing the wide grin
Change the to a.

Line 311
>Finally. Something going my way for once. Your restraint has paid off.
If RR is saying this line, then the "your" doesn't make sense.

Line 320
>discussing to each other
Just say background chatter, that's less cumbersome.

And that's as far as I've gotten since I still have stuff I need to do today.

> He actually read through the entirety of the wall of text

You madman.

I'm not done yet.

Line 329
>You finally won a profit from this gamble addiction
Change this to your.

Line 335
>Both have eye contact as they discuss with each other in a civil manner
Discuss with each other? Just say "talk" there.

Now I guess I'm done.

Cute

>-A character designed around using a battering ram
Her name was Door Knocker.

Well since you read it, maybe you can help me out a bit? I was trying to think of having the ticket having a hero on it to try to boost sales. Who do you think could fill that role. And as you know I would like it to be a more obscure character.

you the guy who originally posted it?

>that amount of dialogue

If you asked me to draw this, I'd laugh in your face.

Yeah I'm the guy that made the mock-up image for the character's costume, though wasn't the one who came up with her name.

Glad to see the commish WIP shared.
Here's the final Sketch WIP before completion.

Bankman.

You could possibly have it be the Mathador, since the possibility to win has to do with statistics, plus i haven't seen anyone talk about him for a while.

I've got an idea from another thread.
Magical Bounty Hunter Girl
>Trailer trash family
>Ancestors were great warriors and hunters
>All that went to shit once modern society made hunting just a sport and not very profitable
>Turns out their lineage was so damn good because each generation could inherit the skills of the previous generation
>Doesn't matter now, but once the teenage girl find out she starts using her powers to get her family out of poverty by becoming a bounty hunter

Sounds super familiar.

They started talking a bit about the work being done on Breastquest in last night's cheescake thread (came up after someone posted a couple of images of Briana to it).

Would make more sense to talk about it here if any of the people involved are around.

I wasn't expecting anyone to draw it. That's why I'm trying to improve my art in the hopes I could do it myself.

Hmm interesting choices

I suggested the name actually. I was wondering if you made the idea we spitballed.

Van posted more updates on his tumblr the other day.

My feelings about it are still conflicted.

On one hand, I'm happy someone is actually doing something with it.

On the other, I know Van is going to take it in his own direction and the stuff I was actually involved with in BQ are going to be discarded entirely.

I am the one who originally asked the question about any character's who wielded battering rams as a gimmick.

Though any concepts put up in the /coc/ thread are for everyone who takes part in them rather than one person.

Sure I can understand that, I was also someone who had a hand in keeping discussion going and collecting together the likes of concepts and art so they wouldn't be lost.
But someone actually putting the work in to display their interpretation of the source material doesn't hurt and if you don't like it all the lore that was collected previously won't be lost if someone else wants to take a crack at it.

I don't Van is going to go too extreme in any direction with what they do, its not like we're getting Briana re-imagined as a communist magical pony or anything.

Speaking of both characters, I was just thinking about how VFT functions in a fight.

Had an idea he could endow his skin/vines with properties to impede/improve those who come in contact with him. ex. Paralysis, adrenaline, poison, sleep, an aphrodesiac

Otherwise, using Maw and Jaw like Doc Ock would be fun.

You're more optimistic than I am thinking something else will come along and draw more actual comics of BQ.

Even if it goes wildly off the rails, it's an AU. The original source material is still there and can be picked up at any time.

Using Maw and Jaw seems like his go to option when he needs to do melee, but I picture him as more of a background fighter who uses pheromones and other chemicals to attack from a distance.

Though what is VFT even doing attacking people? What's his objective? He doesn't strike me as a bank robber or jewelry thief.
Was he just doing a job with the Mean Teens or the Vixen Six the first time BK came into conflict with him?
Or was he doing some Poison Ivy shit and breaking into botanical gardens or trying to release spores into the water supply?

I'm asking because I was wondering if you had any particulars in the gear she decks herself out with? like any brands you want to base the design on?

Communist magical pony, you say?

Honestly I know nothing when it comes to the brands of law enforcement protective equipment.

When it comes to fictional characters I tend to deal in generics.

Is there anything else appearance-wise that's important to elaborate upon?

I guess if there's anything else? I know there's a ram, a Kevlar vest, and a gas mask. Anything other equipment? Is there custom designs?

She's have one of those old police revolvers from before they switched to automatics, like this-
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colt_Official_Police
Doesn't use it as often as her battering ram, lack of ammo on hand and other factors, would serve as a backup.

Since her theme involves alot of looted police gear for variety could include the likes pepper sprays, tasers or even tear gas but that stuff would be more transient and get used up/discarded, not like her 'primary gear'.

Custom equipment designs? Sure could have her slap together some unusual pieces in a junkyard if she was going up against major or super threats.
Have you read Kamen Rider SPIRITS? There's a normal guy who tries at being a rider and his Rider Punch is a bunch of shotgun shells attached to a knuckleduster, well for her she could assemble a battering ram which includes some sort of shaped explosive charge at the end for a ridiculously destructive/dangerous strike on someone warranting that amount of impact?

It was also mentioned in the last threat she could gradually gain demolition skills & gear across the course of her vigilante career, start using stuff like breaching charges against criminals, made me think of that.

The weighted gloves are another thing that were a good addition.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weighted-knuckle_glove
Mentioned before she'd wear gloves to help conceal her identity like she does the gas mask but these kind of things would also help her when it comes to brawling.

While I work on some more art, have this. I took another attempt to try and pin how Blackout's light absorption works.

I tried to read this like a comic and got really confused for a second.

no there just the ideas of how the light moves from source to Blackout. Any stand out to you?

Hah you weren't the only one...

I mean it doesn't really matter the order but if you want I can change it.

What's going on with number 3?

shit that was for

The third one was an idea of a "on contact" type of absorption. The idea is that Blackout touches the light source, then the light is sucked into the object, then the light flows into Blackout in a effect similar to dropping food color in water.

In general, figuring out what a power can't do is sometimes the most helpful thing you can do. In #3, you've got the limitation of "touch based", which could provide some good tensions in power usage scenes.

Importantly as well, how do you imagine most scenes with Blackout would go? Work backwards from what you want, adding logical limits and drawbacks.

So if you want to come up with a good way the power works, worry less about how it looks for now and more about the actual limits and shit. Does Blackout have to touch a lightsource? Does it just have to be nearby? What happens to the light once absorbed? Think about how your choices would alter how the character functioned in a scene.

RR glows when mad enough, right?

Whichever method gets used, would RR's rage be feeding Blackout's light absorbing powers?

Yeah, that's true. While it is an interesting limitation it would become very difficult to cause mass chaos with absorbing one light thing at a time. I feel that the lava lamp look (2) or the fuzzy lava (5) are a good general look. It shows that, while not needing to touch the light, It doesn't absorb immediately and may actually take a long time to drain all of it.

I would say yes, but the question then becomes: Is the light enough power to deal with RR's increased power since the glow is in his more powerful tiers?

Now, I can't find much info on the character so I don't know how they're supposed to function, but with mass chaos as the goal, I'd almost say that Blackout might almost work as almost like an EMP pulse - like a constant heartbeat. There's a charge up period, an outward wave, and then every light in a radius gets pulled inward, drained a little more with each pulse.

Maybe it's not all at once, but it'd mean a possible "aha!" moment for dealing with Blackout would be catching them in the middle of one of those pulses, or following the lava-lamp lights inward to locate the source of the drain. This might mean Blackout would be visible during each "beat", each outward pulse, until there were no lights nearby left to drain. Hell, maybe there'd even be a capability for some sort of super pulse than instantly absorbs a tighter radius, but fucks with the power use for a while in some way, like a panic button supercharge. Or some sort of "reverse" pulse mode where all the light absorbed can be pushed back out, either as energy blasts or back into light-able objects.

Just throwing ideas out. Obviously I don't know the character concept well enough to offer anything concrete, but hopefully it helped get you thinking, at least. I just like working with powers.

Well I don't blame you on know much about the guy. There's no wiki page on him since there's no origin, design, personality, etc. literally all we have is:

"His first encounter with RR is when the entire city experiences a blackout, where RR finds and defeats him. His power is light/ electricity based that charges his super strength/stamina/other shit"

and all we have is an agreement that it is light based and his costume may glow the more light is absorbed. Everything else we're banging out right now. I do like the 'follow the trail' idea. I'll write that down.

Here is also a small concept of the ideas we have so far of potential costume idea. I feel obligated to also say that the original post said he wanted the design to be a black guy with vampiric themes, but haven't had the time to work on a blackula costume.

>I do like the 'follow the trail' idea. I'll write that down.

In fairness, chasing something probably the idea which meshes best with RR being a "Racer". I kinda liked the idea of Blackout being a bit subtle compared to RR, because it works as a bit of a counter, but with the caveat that chasing the lights and hitting him quickly in between-points of power usage once you find him is actually helpful to beating him. Almost has to play cat-and-mouse, which'd probably make RR madder...

But yeah, Blackulas are cool too. I'm just glad to be of any help at all.

been brainstorming some ideas with them.

This is some good shit. There's something about the faces I like.

Cute.

about 30 min in and I just wanted to show what I'm working on

Well I am doing costume sketches if you have any ideas to throw in. There's even another villain if you wanna try that.

They being Cookie and Colby, correct?

yup.

The forest is right outside BK's cul-de-sac, if I remember, so there's a likelihood that VFT got sent to go deal with BK because he was somehow inconveniencing FT through his proximity.

I don't see that working too well given the basic plot points we have for the time line.

VFT would be another random villain of the week that just happened to hit BK at a low point in his life and dug in his tendrils from there.
VFT being sent to specifically target BK feels too forced, I like plans being made by FT later after he's seen what VFT has been up to.

BQ AU still in the works, I've finished layout for the first book, now I'm shifting gears and writing the next three issues.

also meant to ask where these come from?

Was theses in the Plucky boy/ss/ and bold women thread?

I think that's another Sup Forums franken waifu. I believe the big one was an amalgamation of all the popular moms at the time (I know Nicole Waterson was one) and the tiny one was made as a hype man or something.

Those are waifu abominations made in an attempt to copy the Sup Forumslette formula.

To the far right is the one whose existence is suffering.
In the middle is... was it Coleen?
And to the left is the mad scientist who made Coleen.

And in the lower left corner is Sup Forumslette.

10 years, and still none of the further attempts to copy the process that made Sup Forumslette have been anywhere near as successful.

Is that why their faces get progressively meltier

>Door Knocker design doesn't have some serious knockers
missed pun opportunity

Colby is cute, CUTE!

source brellom.tumblr.com/post/159621517816

Nope. The one on the far right was made before the middle one by about 2 years, and the middle was made before the left by about 2 days.

Update

The helmet area reminds me of Doomguy.

I'm mostly going off of both the ms paint concept and the closet police equivalent gas mask, pic related. Details will be added later so for now enjoy "Doom Knocker"

Also fucking arm muscles, how do they work?

I considered it, although I just thought it was more appropriate here. was posted first time today.

I was thinking about posting something there, but I wanted to make something new.

So brell drew GG again.

Neat.

I plot Venus as an assistant, much in the same way Harley Quinn functioned in the start.

Once going solo, I'd see her solo act being simple in and out jobs where he can get through without leaving permanent damage. Once redeemed, his function would be closer to a Bard or Druid in a team setting, choosing to enhance or hamper others.

If VFT went for ranged status inflicting weaponry like shooting poison darts, then him and Bees Knees could be a reverse Green Arrow/Black Canary.

Poison darts... plants... OK, so Jumanji plants then.

He has to be doing SOME sort of villainous activity for BK to come out and fight him.

I have doubts about this thread even making it to morning, but I'll give it the best odds I can.

In honor of Easter, are there any /coc/ characters that are particularly observant of today?

Also, stealth request for Golden Girl in a bunny suit

Neato, now she just needs some physical details added like hair. Would help divert the Doomguy comparisons for one

Motion comes from a Catholic family, though she herself may not be so fastidiously Catholic as to participate in Lent or anything.

This is closest of our tittymonsters in a bunny suit I've got...

When drawing her battering ram be sure to include two handles of some style since it will equate to better control when being used as a melee weapon.

Don't forget the bullying Plana version.

Speakin of Briana, just watched the latest Samurai Jack episode...

Way back in the early threads when names were bein thrown around one of them was Boudica, also there was thoughts about giving the character red hair- which became a red streak in her hair- which became her iconic red bandanna for multiple reasons such as style and it being much easier to draw consistently.

Anyone feel up to drawing our chesty Wasteland Warrior dressed up like a proper scotty? Or hanging out alongside these lassies?

I was trying to think of hairstyles but i couldn't think of any that were practical. Any ideas?

Ah, shoot. Knew I forgot something important.

Shaved head would be too butch, thinking something chin length that isn't overly impractical but will still look good in daily life. Bob cut to frame her gas mask?

Sure I'll try it out.

The one on the right is a failed model of mass-produced waifubot who's entire existance is suffering.

The one in the middle is the cyborg catgil Sup Forumsleen who is basically another Sup Forumslette in being created from details taken from multiple Sup Forums characters, she's very full of herself and loves the spotlight.

The short one on the left is Clawdia, a cat-obsessed mad scientist and Sup Forumsleen's hype-man (she also has a lab assistant named Conan)

Fack u buddy, Sup Forumsleen is a Star you hear me? A STAR!

Random thought: what if during Stretcherous' adventures, she runs into a hapless teen hero who wants to swoon her and have face away from "darkness"? Though he is bad at it, he does have a crush on her, even if Laura ignores him every time.

None come to mind. The closet to a rabbit themed character we have that I know about is The Jackalope.

I feel that'd take away from how her sister is the one who gets her away from the villain lifestyle.

This is pretty impressive with all the planning going into it, you seem to be really into working on this.

They seem to really like pink-haired Link, as a girl

Not quite related but as a sidenote someone did an Easter bunny pic of the lead Daughter,

Braw!

COLBY IS NOT FOR LEWD

SCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND

Are the bagpipes that start playing when a Scot yells out SCOOOOOTLAAAAAAAND a D&D racial ability?

Don't think I don't notice dat bulge.

Yes.

Along with "Haggis Handling" and "Perform (Bagpipes)" as racial skills at character creation.

>Tfw you made characters based on Six Feet Thunder but with different powers.
Am I autistic?

Well tell us a little more user, how different?

>find out my art is being put on the booru

I feel... conflicted.

We have a guy making a legit-ish story of the post apocalyptic adventures of a titty monster and I'm making a comic of a Flash with tourette's, I think your fine.

But you can't just tell us you have an idea and not share it.

Which of the horribly pornographic images are yours?

These