Reminder that before CalArts there was Hanna-Barbera

Reminder that before CalArts there was Hanna-Barbera

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=y7CxqtYs0H0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Which had vastly more variation than CalArts does. Gotta try a little harder there user. Subpar bait at best.

>All those HB shows that were either 'popular live-action show BUT WITH A TWIST' or 'Scooby-Doo BUT WITH A TWIST'.
Just fuck my shit up senpai
Half the shows you think are 'CalArts' actually aren't.

>CalArts is a single company like H-B
kys

It might as well be seeing how people talk about it.

Why are you salty user?

FUCKING TUMBLRNOSE REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>back then: characters with memorability and personality
>now: shit characters overhyped by the faggots that watch them

Again, one company versus an entire industry.

There's a reason the free market fails in the absence of real competition.

Not sure what this is supposed to be saying, nor why you quoted my post.

Wow one company has an in house style. As others have pointed out, CalArts is not one company and the variation is nothing in comparison to HB.

Would you a Fred Starstone?

>Its another Famicom64 thread

Why isn't that autismo banned yet.

Steven and George Jetson look pretty good with each other's haircuts.

I'm more partial to Gumball with the cute hat and Ranger with goofy fucking cat ears, desu.

same with Barneyfag

There is nothing anyone can do to get rid of them, so we're stuck with them

>people try to use Hanna Barbera as a diss
>would honestly take some OG Flintstones, Jetsons and Dick Dastardly over most of the stuff produced today

HB did a ton of shameless recycling and spin offs and of course stuff like the Flintstones began to stink after enough time. Still, I fondly recall chilling in the 90s and watching old cartoon marathons back when CN existed just to show cartoons for the sake of cartoons. At least Boomerang and the Internet in general exist, thank god.

>tfw just an old fag with delusional nostalgia

Wait a second. The Jetson's robot maid was named Rosie.
Steven Universe's mom is Rose Quartz.
They are both named Rose!
In the new DC comics Rosie has the mind of George Jetson's dead mom.
Steven is the reincarnation of his mom.

What does it mean???

>tfw you unironically like hanna barbera cartoons

The comedy stuff was comfy and legit funny and the action stuff was straightforward and had cool designs

>Frogposters

>The comedy stuff was comfy and legit funny

Agreed. I think it's because back then the only way to be funny was to be legit funny. There had to be a joke. You had to have character-driven comedy that was the result of clashes in personality, small touches of the absurd and the unique disaster of human egos.

Nowadays it's really easy to cop out with randomness or a pop culture reference. And a lot of the time you're not allowed to be "too mean", which removes the chance for a really great comedy gut punch in most situations. Humor works really well with just a pinch of cruelty.

lol

classic

I Shkekle'd

>picking on Hannah Barbera
But why? Their time was over half a century ago when animation on TV was considered a novelty just for kids, and animation in general was going through a rough patch. Comparing their laziness to the modern Cal-arts brand is completely inaccurate.

So true it made me cry.

>And a lot of the time you're not allowed to be "too mean", which removes the chance for a really great comedy gut punch in most situations.
You don't remember Family Guy and Teen Titans Go?

It means you have autism

Early HB cartoons had a lot of charm into them

Hanna Barbera ruined the perception of animation in the west. It relegated animation to a cheap low-brow thing that's ONLY suitable for children.

We still have not recovered from the damage that company did. Gripe about CalArts all you want, but at least SOME of the "CalArts" shows are TRYING to appeal to a demographic besides children under 10.

The absolute madman!

Reminder that Stephen Hillenburg went to CalArts

And so did Genndy

>actually believing this

>another calart apologist thread

Are these faggots the most insecure "artists" out there? Even if you don't go to Calart you just copied their shit and failed to create a style of your own. This is why animation is shit, I saw so many AT clones done by people without a single creative bone in their body.

>Are these faggots the most insecure "artists" out there?

yes

They sure did

do they even have to be apologists or insecure? They fall ass backwards into showrunning success just by the virtue of going to that school and for no other reason.

>weebs constantly brag about how Jap artists work for slave wages
>bitch that decades earlier Bill and Joe figured out how to make profitable TV animation on a budget that couldn't even buy shoestrings

Of course a 70s-90s company would be cutting corners like hell, kill yourself if you think it's fine to do it now just because they did it back when animation was done in even a completely different method.

Also Hannah Barbara didn't use their style on 3 different kids networks, it was just their thing and it aired on CN. There were people mooching the style for a bit after it became a world famous thing, but it didn't last long.

Here it's not even mooching something popular, it's just the easy route.

Man I hate CalArts as much as the next guy, but defending Hanna-Barbera is not a hill worth dying on.

They still managed to have the characters be more varied, especially after the literal starting era of flintstones and jetsons, which was bound to cut corners about 40 years ago, and since then technology has changed and so has other shit

after the inital burst they started changing their design a bit, like decent human models i think starting with scooby doo or about that time

Ur a faget

>Anything I don't like is calarts

We ever gonna get over this?

Not really, majority of the meddling kids era had a Fred and a Shaggy in every last show. Some of them did not even bother making a variation in hair or clothing.

My favorite is Jabberjaw Shaggy, who is literally just Shaggy with a new hat.

At least Speed Buggy Shaggy was handy and could build things

How do you faggots get into serious shit flinging marches about children's cartoons?

God imagine combining some of these shows
>Yogi is now a paranormal comedy about a mysterious forest
>Bedrock constantly attacked by gems
>future where aliens live among humans and every species has its own artstyle

meant for

I hate both, tho.

Make Animation Great Again

Harvey Birdman was the best thing to happen to these characters

Hannah-Barbera was the ones that made television a viable medium. Before them animation was almost exclusive to movie theaters, and probably would've stayed that way for decades without them. The perception that "animation is for kids" started later, when shows were literally glorified commercials.

People shit on Hanna-Barbera, but forget that they actually tried to prove animation was a effective medium. Sealab 2020 was a drama show, not even the least bit comedic. The Flintstones was adult, but not in some tryhard edgy way. Plus, they would help develop things like Johnny Bravo and Dexters Lab, which were noticeably different than the norm for HB.

Regardless, you're still comparing one struggling company's output to an entire generations. Fallacy

HB art style is cute as fuck

At least Clue Club was actually different.

>TRYING to appeal to a demographic besides children under 10.
Children under 12?

>tfw that's not even all of them

FUCK

>even daring to compare CalShit to Hanna Barbera

Fuck, Gumball and George are cracking me up
Dipper looks good too

They produced so much garbage, but they definitely were capable of good stuff.
I've been rewatching Wacky races recently. Loved it as a kid, but wanted to see if it held up. And I honestly find it legit funny most of the time.

Mah nigga. Takamoto is one of my inspirations.

every girl is cute to Sup Forums, it's retarded

Someone post his concept art of the Scooby gang posing like actual delinquents

Who/where from is top and bottom right again?

>And a lot of the time you're not allowed to be "too mean", which removes the chance for a really great comedy gut punch in most situations. Humor works really well with just a pinch of cruelty.
>You don't remember Family Guy and Teen Titans Go?

I think this shows the problem--a lot of cartoons get done with too much extremes. Either you aren't allowed to be mean, or you're being way too mean.

Bottom Right is Mr. Peebles from Magilla Gorilla, I think.

go fuck yourself this an actual cute girl unlike all the ones from current cartoons

Newfags btfo

No, i just like to shit in nostalgiafags

>i just like to shit in [people]

HB completely fucked up animation during its time in the US user.

Eh, the difference is that H-B did dozens of different series and spin-offs a couple of them were actually memorable regardless of the cheapness the majority of the bullshit is forgotten. CalArts is a piece of shit and anything related to it will eventually be forgotten.

See this shit right here, Scooby-Doo was the only good one out of those and in the end it was the one that prevailed(for the better or worse), the others are pretty much forgotten.

Also the Chang Clan would be considered problematic today. Same with things like Hong-Kong Phooey.

Did Captain Caveman have an harem?

Yes, and it was Charlie's Angels

Fred looks like he's ready to jump in the Mach 5.

God I wish they had as much personality in the show as they do in this sketch.

Wasn't there one of some ugly ass dog that had his head always covered because of how ugly he was and another of some lanky guy who was a werewolf or something?

wtf i love captain caveman now

I remember the blond one really was thirsty for the captain's cave cock.

>considered problematic
You mean awesome.

I beg for a sexy daphne personality

>snarky velma
thank christ that's gone

all bad art styles and cartoons user.

where da hunnys at

I'd watch it

Because unlike BarneyGuy I dish out actual information, Christ a few mistranslated 2Ch posts and you 3 just bark at me when in reality it's you people that need to get a life.

I try to post who directed what and it's key animators and you delete it but a half naked woman that add nothing to a animator brake down chart topic is ok?!? WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?!? Go to /aco/ if you want to fap to fictional women, this is about talking about "Oh, that scene was done by Irv Spence" and "That scene was done by Ken Muse" and "Bill & Joe directed this, regardless that Hugh Harman was the only one who got credited (I'm talking about The Alley Cat by the why)" but for some reason you people think that "Na, lets delete this actual legit information and post lies, fake threats and half naked pictures of Korra that belong on /aco/, not /co".

I'm sick of you people treating us GACers like 3rd class citizen and shit but the action cartoon scumbags get treated to the time of the life, regardless that we're much cheaper to please and you don't need to FUCKING OUTSOURCE to a scummy ditch pot when you can get a excellent Japanese co-production for about HALF THE COST of a Korean ditched action cartoon and if we're willing to spend as much as one of those action cartoons you fap over so much *cough*Avatar*cough* not only that the production will stay in the States but it will have LEGIT FEATURE GRADE ANIMATION matching that of 40s Tex Avary & Bob Clampett but NOOOOO, you rather waste your money on something that makes Paul J. Smith look like Chuck Jones (*cough*Voltron: Legendary Defender*cough*) rather then fixing the cesspool that Bryke invented.

In short, stop wasting money and good day.

Fuck you Captain Caveman was fucking great

tl;dr

>another of some lanky guy who was a werewolf or something?

Fangface?

youtube.com/watch?v=y7CxqtYs0H0

Yeah that's one. Can't remember the one with the ugly dog.

But it's not as well remember like say Josie and the Pussycats or Jabber Jaws.

In short, stop bulling me and the rest of GAC/IAD, stop wasting money and have a good day.

>dat intro
The guy can turn back and forth by just seeing a picture of the sun and the moon? Why did he sandwich that fat guy in the end and kiss him?

That's lore right there.