If I was gonna cheat on you, I'd do it with Denzel Washington

>If I was gonna cheat on you, I'd do it with Denzel Washington
>Entire family has a good laugh
>Well, if I'm gonna cheat, I get Halle Berry.
>Everybody glares at Oscar and leaves the room

What the fuck was everybody's problem with Oscar?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rxObkfSqmQM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Because it was funny, loser.

With this particular show, it was a running gag for Oscar to always get the brunt of abuse in all aspects.

Although, I do see what you're getting at, because it is a thing in relationships, where they do the whole "who would you fuck" question, and usually when the male of the relationship responds, his female counterpart would not display any effect until later, where they physically or audibly state that they were indeed bothered with their male-mate responding at all to the question

>and usually when the male of the relationship responds, his female counterpart would not display any effect until later, where they physically or audibly state that they were indeed bothered with their male-mate responding at all to the question
Or, alternatively, passive-aggressively punish him by withholding affection and positive communication indefinitely. Unless that's what you meant.

Punished Oscar

Yeah, that's what I was getting at, thank you

What about Double Dong Denzel?

Whatever happened to this show?

Oh boy, another fedora virgin is lecturing us about women, what fun.

Are you retarded? It's a joke.

I absolutely hate this shit. Same deal with Squidward and sometimes Tom from Tom and Jerry: it gets to the point where I start actively hating all the other characters for shitting all over them incessantly without remorse.

Sometimes, sure, they deserve it. But a lot of the time it just feels cruel.

>Smart, attractive Mother is a Veterinarian
>Father is abused by the family and taken for granted
>Crazy grandparent who is well liked by the family but hated by the father
>Crazy grandparent specifically picks on the father

HMMMM

A perfect example right here.

Oh boy, another fedora virgin is lecturing us about women, what fun.

?

HMMMM

are you literally me.

It really pisses me off.

It's especially bad with Squidward, since the shit with him is almost ALWAYS started by Spongebob or Patrick.

Squidward I enjoy because he's a parody of a jaded adult. Same with mr krabs and mrs puff. Of course I'm only talking about seasons 1-3.

But yeah, characters who get shat on for the fun of it has never been entertaining for me.

Shut up Meg.

it was his mother though.

Oscar is a dick and i'm sure that is because of Sugah Mama
Honestly I don't know if Oscar will improve if that old bitch dies

He still loves his mama, even if she's a massive cunt. And even when she dies, the way she raised him won't be undone.
She did it on purpose

>He still loves his mama, even if she's a massive cunt.
is that stockholm syndrome?

It was a shitty show made by a sadist filled with unlikable characters.

Dat ass tho.

The reason everyone glares at Oscar is because he had already cheated on Trudy with his Assistant at the proud snacks factory and when Trudy caught him he beat her and left the family for months.

This episode takes place only a couple of weeks after that and everyone is still a little sore about the whole situation.

>so dysfunctinoal was a cry for help

I think the show was good, but a majority of the characters were unlikeable, looking back.

It's like if they were in the Boondocks world where all the people are terrible, but for kids.

I'm still annoyed that they never followed up on the fact that he got her pregnant. They made it very clear that she wanted to keep it.

Because he should know he married way above his grade, and shouldn't even entertain the notion of cheating. Just look at his ugly mug.

Oscar was a cuck

OSCARFAGS GET OUT

While Oscar was treated like shit throughout the series, this isn't an example. That Halle Berry line was awkward in context. And it sounds doubly pathetic: like he's insecure about Trudy actually cheating on him with Denzel and at the same time he's trying to use it as leverage for his own free pass at infidelity.

But man, if this show is an indicator of how fathers are treated in black families, no fucking wonder they don't stick around.

>But man, if this show is an indicator of how fathers are treated in black families, no fucking wonder they don't stick around.
Only the shitty ones.

Shitty families or shitty fathers?

Both

The only good character of the show was a punching bag. I hate that shit.

Oscar is what happens when a black male doesnt beat his bitch all the time.

Get that coalburning bitch of my Sup Forums.

>This series was based the relationship between the creator and his own daughter.
Really makes you think.

To be fair, the relationship between Oscar and Penny was probably the best from what I remember. They bickered and argued with each other, but they both clearly loved the other.

Penny was okay too, as was Zoey. Everyone else was bad, especially Dijonay. That bitch was legitimately awful for being Penny's "best friend'.

She was basically Eric Sparrow but black.

Why did the 2000s always have that one shithead who was supposedly the MC's friend?

I liked this show growing up, but I never understood the shit Oscar got, in fact I felt bad for him.
He wasn't a douche bag, he wasn't a bad father/person, wasn't he an entrepreneur, and a fairly successful one at that? why did he get so much shit from his family?

I always wanted to fuck trudy and the only latina milf neighbor.

Everyone in this show was a dick except Zoey.

I'm crying

Oscar's problem was that he was too white. It forever separated him from his culture, and inspired immediate distaste even within his friends and family.

I mean really, you a nigga and you gonna pick Halle Berry? Ridiculous

>smiling
>thinking about all the pussy that sign will attract

Wait, what the fuck? Did this actually happen?

Yeah, so was the episode where it turns out that Bebe and Cece are actually Penny's kids, and Suga Mama has to go through some wacky adventures to make sure this secret doesn't leak outside the family.

yep

So every black father is faced with three choices? Be a doormat, work the pimp hand or leave?

>love
His family loved him, but not a single one of them respected him. It's like being a loving father and a good provider wasn't enough.

Please.

And so was the episode where Suga Mama went senile and forced the entire Proud family to wear diapers for her amusement.
And the episode where Penny almost gets into a sexual relationship with a duck.
And the episode where a magic Al Roker turns Bebe and Cece into grown teenagers who steal Penny's friends away from her.

>So every black father is faced with three choices? Be a doormat, work the pimp hand or leave?
That's every father regardless of race.
Bitches and kids are a handful.

I think Squidward (seasons 1-3) does it well is because they make sure to point out that all lot of times he really DOES deserve it due to his own egotism and jadedness, but also let him win every once in a while as well.

He made horrible peanut-based snack foods. But they had alternative uses besides food so he made money off of that, I think.

The worst part is remembering the actual episodes.

still, their family was very well off from what I remember.

They were cheaper than gravel, so construction companies used them as landfill.

Oh boy, another nuMale punchbag is lecturing us about how women are a protective class......

What a crock

No, it really isn't. It's like Black America is stuck in some sort of time-warp in regards of nuclear family dynamic.

Yeah, nice big two story house and everything. What was Trudy again? Some sort of dentist? The only odd thing was Penny going to public school with the cash her parents made.

Also, was Oscar's brother successful as a musician? I know he loved bumming around the place, but I can't remember if he just did that because was lazy and a mooch, not poor.

Fuck off Linkie

???????

The third one is real

oh boy, another cuck is defending le ebin innocent damsels in distress, what fun

>And the episode where a magic Al Roker turns Bebe and Cece into grown teenagers who steal Penny's friends away from her.
The best part is this one actually happened

He was a mooch but I think he was well off

>I think the show was good
Then you need to broaden your horizons.

Because she was white.

I want to ____ Trudy

FUCK

He's not real, only triple-dong Wesley Snipes exists

I'd fuck Suga Mama if she agreed to do it in the dark.

>Dijonay

Who's a worse "best" friend, Dijonay or Dodie?

Dodie by far.
Dijonay was a selfish bitch sometimes, but she wasn't a backstabber.

Because Halle Berry already had an Oscar.

Fuck

Oscar best character, his own man
Everyone else is unlikable

What fi Oscar actually got fed up with everything and abandoned his entire family?

Dodie.
Dijonay got called out for her shit a good amount, and repented for it. Dodie got no consequences. And LaCienega was the worst. Not once did she come off as a friend, even with the series finale she was still a bitch. She made Dijonay look like Zoey.

Would they even miss him? They'd be fine financially of course.

This. He's there to make everyone feel good about themselves. How dare he suggest he could do better?

On the flipside, it does show how petty and unfair the others are.

Oscar's lame and can be pretty shitty at times, but he's a good husband, father, and son. He may the least favored in the family, but they still greatly value him and would be miserable without him around. Plus he can be pretty based, like that time he stood up to that one handsome dude and got Trudy's panties soaking wet.

I guess the point is while Trudy actually could do better, she wouldn't actually cheat. When Oscar jokingly threatens to tarnish the one thing he has going for him, it just feels wrong. That and he's the resident buttmonkey, like Tom from The Boondocks.

youtube.com/watch?v=rxObkfSqmQM

The lack of a common punching bag would lead to the Prouds fighting each other more often.

>Nigga I don't even need you, so don't even fuck joke

The Muslim episode still exists for no reason

Why teach people about Ramadan if your going to end it on Descrimination and then never follow it up

>not cheating is his on value
>everyone else can joke about hurting him and shit because they matter
Fucking wow, what a deconstruction.