Why did they decide to ruin the immersion by giving her a millennial snowflake hairstyle despite being an admiral?

Why did they decide to ruin the immersion by giving her a millennial snowflake hairstyle despite being an admiral?

Other urls found in this thread:

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Chaos
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

they needed someone for their target audience to relate to.

>hair is tied up in a conservative way, but still befitting someone with a royal background
>is also wearing a uniform and rank insignia in this scene

You incredible unbelievable fucking imbecile

laura told rian about her wigs in The Return. Johnson thought it would be funny. Word around town is Lynch told him he is going to rape him if he sees him in person.

she looks like how they always portray the rich and arseholes in futuristic sci fi

>mfw she said "God speed Rebels."

>not even a military leader

So the tumblrinas in the new target audience had a leader to self-insert with.

I just wanted an excuse to post my jewfu

Has the series ever acknowledged 'God' before? It felt so out of place, Jesus what an awful fucking film.

>not wearing a uniform despite being the leader of the resistance
>That hair

>That smug condescending attitude

it's almost like she wanted a mutiny

The Force is kinda like a deity in SW.

Funny they didn't use May The Force Be With You.

#
LE POOOOP HAHAHAHAHAH XD

LE POL LE POL

LE POL LE POL

I AM LE CÜCKOLD XD LE EPICK BAZINGAZIOPER LE POOOL ATTACK NARWHALES ECKSDEE NIGGER FAGGOT POL LE POLLLLLLL

The point of the SW universe is the force is unifying. The rest of the humanoids don't believe in much of anything, except maybe prophecies & magic. So that dialogue is extremely lazy.

Ewoks treating Threepio as a god but that's about it.

Unnatural colored hair is a funny residual little leftover from punk style, that's basically just a really simple, one-note way to brand oneself in a neoliberal information economy as having some 'edge' in that outdated 'rebel as a force for the good underdog side' kind of sense but by now just being this pathetic cliche that rich career feminists and journalists who want to leverage themselves as a political voice adopt. It's usually like dark crimson hair or black with crimson tips or maybe this stupid purple hair look. The only other implication to it besides being residually 'punk' and 'against The Man' (while being totally corporate and structurally integrated within the system) is this queer theory / post-structuralist idea of there being 'no nature', 'nothing is real', so they dye their hair a 'fake' color to show they're going 'against nature', against gender binaries, against health, against natural beauty, against 'normative' relationships and roles. It's all just really retarded because it's simultaneously shallow, cliched, childish, and pathetically self-destructive in essentially being existentially pitted against life itself and the reality it dispenses, while paradoxically trying to capitalize on this war against reality even as you cynically pretend to be against capitalizing.

My opinion of someone goes WAY down when they dye their hair a stupid color, it implies so much about them.

Han tells a guy on Hoth that "[he'll] see [him] in Hell" when he tells him his Taun Taun will freeze.
That's about as close as it's gotten that I can recall.

>the movie goes out of its way through the writing, the cinematography, the performances, and even the SCORE to make it clear that general guldo is wrong
>Sup Forumstards still whine about m-muh women on my board
genius

>people shitting on the film for not being star wars enough haven't seen the other movies
epic

You actually watched this pathetic movie, lol

Why didn't she tell Poe and the crew what her plan was? I mean it was a sensible plan.
Why didn't they send one of the smaller ships into hyper space to fuck the big ship up? If that doesn't work, why not send the crew from the big ships into the smaller ones and then send the big ship into hyper space?

i want her to be my cummy mummy :3

>being this much of a whiny faggot
Reddit is your board.

Did you see anyone in this thread complain about the fact that she's a woman? She looks more like a missing prop from the Hunger Games than the admiral of the last of the resistance. It's completely immersion breaking .

user if she reveals her plan then there would be no conflict between her and poe, finn and rose would not leave for space monaco, and the resistance would be 100 larger than it is now. in other words, there would be no movie

Conversly what did Disney have brown males act the way they did against Holdo and Phasma

Aslo woke Margaret Cho character paid for her little militery industrial complex rant.

What are you even on about? She is redeemed by the end of the film, it would have been equally as retarded if it was a man. In fact the movie goes out of it's way to paint her as an unlikely general because 'she's a woman and wears dresses :O' it's more sexist than anyone in this thread.

Yeah but why does there have to be conflict for the sake of conflict? I hate it when movies pull that.

>reddit is hating on the last jedi too
are you sure it's not your board, newfriend?

tl'dr
Also, no one cares about your opinion on someone else.

> this woman replaces Princess Leia
>Poe goes all "WHAAAT? A BROAD? TOTALLY NOT WHAT I EXPECTED"

Seriously the writers are retarded.

I don't think that's how it played out. Yes at first the movie portrayed her to be incompetent, but the twist was that there was a plan all along, she's a competent leader, and she had the most heroic death in any Star Wars film.
In the end Poe was a hothead who learned a valuable lesson about...eh..trusting superiors with snowflake hair

On one hand there's nothing too surprising about some random space person have weird hair and clothes, but her design just looks like shit. Like, the pink hair just looks like how tumblrinas do it.

Just give her some problem glasses, and we're set.

>portrayed her to be incompetent
At no point did the movie portray her to be incompetent, they portrayed her to be a total bitch who was being a dick to /ourguy/. Listen to the score, I unironically thought they were setting her up to be a traitor.

Her plan was shitty and ended up with 250 people dead, including herself.

They wanted us to think she's leading everyone to their death without a plan, just like Poe thought, or maybe a traitor yes. Then the twist is that she had a plan and is heroic.

The sequel trilogy is a mess of bad and uninspired art design. Pic is of Old Republic officer uniforms.

The plan doesn't WORK, that's why she sacrifices herself. Poe and Finn are both correct that she is wrong. She is proven wrong by having literally everyone die and having the rest cornered on a dinghy planet. Her plan is shit and fails (fun fact, the entire movie's point is that the characters fail a lot)

But her plan failed because of Finn brought the code cracker back, and he went there because of Poe.

So Poe is mostly to blame

Say what you want, but that design was iconic/memorable. Admiral Holdo is unironically one of those "can I speak with your manager" *wears a pink pussyhat to the Women's March protesting Drumpf* late-40's catladies.

I am pretty sure the "Story Group" is raiding Expanded Universe to recycle material because they are not that creative.

Kylo Ren's hood and mask are clearly Revan knockoffs only with Vader design instead of Fett.

I thought she was one of the few good things in this shit flick
>muh esjeydaublewoo
C'mon.

>Just give her some problem glasses, and we're set.

The plan wouldn't have worked anyway. Poe said the plan wouldn't work before Finn fucked everything up
I am legitimately amazed at how hard you're projecting

>refuses to explain herself to anyone or listen to anyone else's opinion

honestly i was glad when she died.

>The plan wouldn't have worked anyway

I don't remember it playing out this way. The empire had no idea what was happening before they were betrayed by Del Toro

Interesting analysis,i think it's also about getting attention.

Why didn't she tell Poe about her master plan, again?
Hundreds of people died because of this

>I am legitimately amazed at how hard you're projecting
Cool argument, amigo. She still looks like she should be giving a boring Art-History 110 lecture at some mediocre state university.

>Word around town is Lynch told him he is going to rape him if he sees him in person.
Based Lynch

What a babe. Fuck this new movie post Natalie.

spat my out my drink

wtf is on her head? a metal yarmulke?

the jews are our saviors

Poe says multiple times that the plan was shit BEFORE Del Taco betrays them
>university
I do not, for a second, believe you've ever been to any place of higher learning in your life

>Kylo Ren's hood and mask are clearly Revan knockoffs only with Vader design instead of Fett.
Fucking this, it's SO FUCKING SIMILAR.

>a character who is mocked in the text for being a literal fanboy of the dark side as opposed to a real, honest villain, has a halloween mask that resembles bad guys that the audience likes
wow, gee

This was also obvious though

Good post.

Careful when you fight Mandalorians, lest you become one yourself.

wasn't it to make her appear like more of a bitch and be more dislikeable ?

WHAT THE FUCK

>Has the series ever acknowledged 'God' before?

Different cultures and planets have different religions. Star Wars borrows many real world things from names to mythological creatures, for instance Chimeras are referenced as a mythological animal once.

It's not out of the realm of possibility. The galaxy is enormous.

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Chaos
it's explained away

Who played the Resistance officer with a big nose?

Why are her tits in her armpits?

Does it bother anyone else when they try to explain everything in these forced ways like this?

I mean, they obviously didn't think about it at the time. Doesn't wookiepedia have an article on tits as well? And air?

>braided hair
>millennial

If that was the case, shouldn't it have been a smelly fat guy with a stutter?

Dame Edna looks like THAT?

Because movie

I liked her only because since I was 10 I wondered why nobody ever hail-mary'd with a ship and used warp speed to punch a hole through the death star before and they finally did it.

Plus I wanted her to step on me and have me call her mommy

Unironically this is one of the main reasons why she's out of place. She might as well be wearing a "it's her turn" shirt.

Why do people like that? I feel like if a woman stepped on me and said mean things i'd twist her ankle and knock her into a china cabinet or something.

>I do not, for a second, believe you've ever been to any place of higher learning in your life
Where did this come from. Also nice projection lmfao

holy shit

They're actual alphas. Your reaction is that of a beta, afraid of another putting dominance on you.

We have no fear of them overtaking us, so we allow them to intrude as such. Like allowing a fire to stoke and grow, knowing you can keep it from burnign your house down.

Bravo, good post user.

>mfw plebs don't know Corellian mythology

learn the fucking lore you animals

>yellow and red together
>only ever makes me think of McDonalds, Burger King and food condiments.

FUCKING GAS THAT THING

Do the rebel leaders even have uniforms?

fucking asshole that shit made me laugh out loud in real life and now people are staring at me on the bus

I felt this way when Han said "mumbo jumbo" in the last movie.

The actual question is why is this character played by a woman? You know the answer and that is everything that's wrong with nu-wars

What exactly are you trying to say with this picture? She looks like a royal here, her costume has a hint of asian royalty, but it's not a copy of real life asian royal look, it's a sci-fi spin on it. That's exactly how sci-fi should be done.

>le self-hating millenial thread
Movie sucked and so does her hair, but you guys should quit self-flagellating.

that was del toro

Are they trying to say millenials are stupid as hell? Because her plan to not tell the hotheaded pilot about her plan was perhaps the dumbest thing she could have done.

Because she's bisexual.

I wish I was kidding, but I'm not. According to the book Leia, Princess of Alderaan, Amilyn Holdo is an old childhood "friend" of Leia's and is #LGBT, because Disney is hip and progressive and all the other things that make Tumblerinas wet themselves with glee and write Jezebel and Mary Sue articles about how heroic and brave Disney was to bless Star Wars fans with their very own queer feminist icon.

>complain about hairstyles
>"YOU HATE WOMEN!"
Sup Forums lives in your head 24/7 rent free faggot.