Wasted characters general?

Wasted characters general?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZoiRJnr-rtU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You can definitely tell they changed the plans they had for Finn between the release of TFA and TLJ, I'd wager they originally had him planned for a much bigger and important role but changed that for some reason

>implies he was of value to begin with

Rian is a shit directer

Rey and the nigger were a mistake.

Snoke.

what an absolute fucking waste

Because it's hard to take Boyega serious.

>accomplishes literally nothing

Have to agree with this. I guess the suits at Disney thought it would be better to make the protagonist a female to get the feminist crowd (they know boys already like SW). Too bad they made her into a Mary Sue. I still seethe at the miss opportunity of having a ex-trooper side plot

>literally teleports behind kylo
>literally says psshhh nothing personal kiddo
REEEEEEEEEEEE
E
E
E

>for some reason

He said a lot of dumb shit over the media. Actions have consequences.

More like JJ Abrams is shit for causing this mess in the first place.

Like what, being guaranteed to be in another film?

The stupid nih will have an even smaller part in the next one. Then his career is done.

lol le nigger monkey, amarite ?

Take your reddit speak elswhere. Just because he's black, doesn't mean that he can't look like big baby. Samuel L Jackson was perfect in Star Wars.

No pal, there was no plan. JJ abrams made TFA just like he made the first episode of LOST. Introducing new shitty characters and letting the hard work of development for the next director. However Finn changed dramatically from the early concepts where he was white and possibly romantically involved with Rey. When JJ decided to make him black, he became Chris Tucker.

doesnt wasted imply some kind of potential?

>Hired solely to check a diversity box
>Wasted

No, no he pretty much did what he was supposed to do.

by far

Doesn't he kill Phasma in an epic duel in the new movie?

They're both shit and they both fucked up SW

WE GOT THE GAME OF THRONES DYKE WATCH OUR MOVIE- the character.

Finn was actually a very good character in TFA, probably the best part of that film

this they cast him in the wrong role should of made him the first trans character in the Star Wars universe

Not really, no, he loses, falls off a thing, luckily lands on a some kind of a flier platform, while floor under her collapses.
He only manages to make one hit connect, and that one is from the back.
And at some point you realize that it's a black guy beating on a white woman.

Every character has been downgrade to comic relief, except Rey & Luke who seem to have been written by 10 different people, changing their behaviour patterns every 10mins of the movie.

Utter bullshit. What is holding the ratings so high ffs

>armor actually deflects a direct blaster hit
>jobs to a stun baton

Finn had the most potential because of his backstory, yet JewJew decided to make him into comedy-relief quipman. Fucking hack.

THEY
WANT
US
TO
KILL
OURSELVES...

Wasted actors, too.

you can cut the whole Finn and Rose sequence and it wouldn't change anything. Rose did get development, but their part was time filler.

Go play in the street

>She could have been a Mandalorian.

Watch Attack the Block

Same with Snoke.

the movie would have been redeemed slightly if they killed him off

mind if i save this, friend?

they actually had a chance.

he was going to go on a suicide run to destroy the mini death star canon, but Rose smashed into him saving his life. she then proceeds to YELLOW.com his ass.

he could've died to save the resistance but that fatfuck ruined it.

literally the first thing I thought of when the movie ended

they even had the music and everything and then WHAM, blue balls motherfucker.

Agree with wasted characters of both Finn and Snoke.

I can't believe they didn't decide to make Finn a Jedi too. He's got it going for him too
>snapped out of stormtrooper brainwashing
>weilds a lightsabre reasonably competently

But they threw it all away for him to go and do some busy work for the movie.

Snoke could have been the Emperor -esque character, could have had Rey and Ben bond over being sad and Ben saying "fuck you Snoke, why you gotta always be a dick?" And go to become a Jedi. Then it could have been Snoke fighting off 3 Jedi and it'd be a cool af final fight.

How did you expect him to be a jedi in this movie? Rey is obviously going to train him now.

See, I could have lived with Finn being backseated in this film if they'd made Rey go with Kylo. There was definitely a moment where I thought she would because of their connection - and then Finn would have been her redemption in the next one, while Kylo would have been too committed to the dark and wouldn't get his redemption.

It would have been perfect.

Honestly got slightly emotional as he closed his eyes and flew to his death, then they ruined it.

that stormtrooper fucked finn up

youtube.com/watch?v=ZoiRJnr-rtU

I'm so fucking mad about that gook bitch knocking him out of his gun run. That sequence could have been awesome.

I've never seen star wars. It that kylo?

>yfw they killed Luke so they could explore the Jedi Afterlife
It would be absolute Retarded Kino, if they demystified the Force again

But why would they do that?

this

Because Americans aren't ready for black male protagonists

That's nonsense and you know it. Why did they actually do it? Boyega being a bad actor and looking like a chimp?

John is the nicest dude in the new cast and he's a genuine SW fan, unlike Daisy, Oscar or Adam.

I was surprised at how much I enjoyed Finn and Gook's adventure in Space Macau especially once based Benicio turned up. Yet they accomplished fuck all, if they had just gained one thing, one little snippet that helped the momentum of the final battle it would have been fine. Going Kamikaze on the laser could have been his carbonite. Also as much as I dislike Rey, her relationship with Finn was the only relationship that developed at all in TFA only for them to be completely separated for the entire film.

Because Disney is run by a feminist

because he's male. In new-era star wars the male has to be subservient to the woman.

That's if he is a POC, if he is a white male has to be on the side of evil

I was super fucking hyped at that scene. At first I thought they'd never kill him off, then I looked like he was about to go out in style. Then suddenly NOPE HAHA HE GOT STOPPED HOPE YOU LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING THIS BITCH IN THE SEQUEL.

Fucking hell I hate Finn.

>battlefront 2
> Iden Versio has a daughter to pass the story to
> of course she couldn't have a son , it's 2017 silly. She's going to have a fierce daughter with a nose piercing

she did literally nothing. like she makes bobba look successful

I hope you didn't hurt yourself reaching that much. Here's another theory. He was supposed to be a white guy with a prominent action role, probably a solid actor with a stage fencing background. Suddenly he has to be black, fair enough. In comes feminism, so all the action scenes go to the girl now. Girl can't be too pretty or charming or she will be hard for ordinary holes to relate to, bitchy brunette will do. Suddenly black guy has gotta be black but not so imposing he steals the show from lil miss nobody, or such a good actor that he upstages her. The committee writing the script doesn't know what to do with a character who can do nothing. Comic relief it is! What's that, he's not funny? Hmm, find some shit for him to do in the background I guess.

Rian Johnson wanted to be cool and edgy and unpredictable though, so he intentionally made that not happen, even if it was the logical step of the film.

Like we have all this buildup of Kylo not actually being evil, then get this random change that just makes no sense and means we watched pointless scenes.

ugh this film tries so hard to have plot twists, and that's what causes literally every issue.

>You can definitely tell they changed the plans they had for Everyone and Everything between the release of TFA and TLJ*

The decisions on TLJ are legitimely baffling. It's like it hates TFA and wants to shit on everything it set up

I kept thinking during the movie that the whole new series would have been better and more successful if that guy was never cast. He's epitome of a diversity hire that sucks at his job, but never gets fired because the suits have to maintain the quota.

>that nose

Finn's def force sensitive.

I still really liked episode 8 but I can't help but agreeing with a lot of these points. There's just a lot of missed opportunities to do what the audience doesn't expect, but not actually for a good reason.

Fun fact, that armor is made out of the hull of one of Sheev's ships from Naboo. And thy still wasted the character.

>appears 2 hours in
>says "boyega, you fucking nigger"
>dies
What was the point of that again?

Hopefully JJ will save us. Do you have any other proof that he's force sensitive? I think it'd be a good idea. It gives his character a reason to exist.

He's not a pilot, he's not really comic relief, he's not super strong or good with a blaster, he's just kind of there. If he's force sensitive and they make him a Jedi, he'll at least feel like he's a useful character to exist.

Will JJ find a way to bring Luke back to the land of the living?

It's because pandering to american blacks and sjws isn't so profitable anymore, it's all about the chinks now.

>genuine Star Wars fan
Yeah okay, genuine fan who's favourite game was The Force Unleashed. Incredible.

he can just show up as a Force Ghosty. Force Ghosts can affect the real world now, which is in-line with Obi Wan's words to Vader about being more powerful.

>Force ghosts don't take their clothes with them when they die
>Somehow they have their clothes back when they show up

Luke could be fine as a force ghost. Obi Wan worked as a force ghost for a lot of it.

Episode 9 is salvageable, it's just a pity we won't see a cool battle with Snoke, not getting Ben back as a Jedi in 8, not having pink hair lady replace Leia and Finn not being a Jedi is a hassle.

I think it should be more important to the story to have Snoke come back to life than Luke. Snoke vs Rey and Ben would be awesome.

Also JJ will have a whole thing where Rey has to create her own lightsabre since the blue one is kill. I'm really really hoping that she makes a staff-like one like the scavenger's one she carries everywhere.

I believe that JJ can save us. he's our only hope

>wanting to see Yoda's monster dick.

snoke's definitely been 'killed' before, he's not gone

If Darth Maul can survive getting sliced in half, then so can Sneed

I don't know the story there, that'd be cool. I believe that then JJ can save it.
>Snoke comes back, suuuuuper unhappy with Kylo Ren
>Fights him, Kylo escapes
>Rey busy doing training shit and whatever
>Luke chilling as a force ghost telling her what's up
>Finn doing whatever, might be too late to make him a jedi at this point. I'm starting to care less about him though
>Poe carrying on to be cool and wreck fools
>Kylo has a talk with Rey or Luke guides him or something. Luke and Ben make up and Luke finishes both Rey's and Ben's Jedi training.
>Some other shit happens, exclusive to the movie, soemthing about the Resistance's plight against the First Order, doesn't matter hugely
>Big finale fight between Ben, Rey and Snoke. Cool fight ensues for a long ass time.
No redemption for Snoke, let him die and be the bad guy, then the universe gets saved
>Ginger nazi can get blown up or something, no need to keep him around, although not a bad character, I just don't feel strongly.

Shit could be great.

I don't want Snoke back, it feels like it would undermine Kylo's ascent from divided into true darkness.

For me, it goes:
>Rey continues her Jedi training from Luke also did anyone else see that she'd taken the Jedi books and stuffed them in a Falcon drawer or did I imagine that? It was only for a second, but shows more of that "darkness" that she's supposed to have in balance with Kylo having light
>Goes to confront him early in the film because she's headstrong and thinks she can take him after the last time and all this new training, plus the Rebels are in dire straits and need him taken out
>Kylo is now intensely powerful with the dark side, far more than Snoke was, full on Caedus levels of fighting about 5 Jedi at once
>Breaks Rey, turns her into his new apprentice
>intends to start a new reign over the galaxy
>Rebels gathering forces from everywhere
>build their own superweapon or something
>Finn goes to find Rey, his sole motivation in all three films after getting over the whole escape thing
>finds she's evil now
>they fight it out, she easily wins cause he sucks
>he manages to bring her back from the dark
>she fights Kylo who is beyond redemption
>tries regardless
>he probably falls into a pit and she grabs his hand
>he's desperately trying to climb back up because needy child
>Hux shoots her in the back so she drops him, she turns and slices him in half
>all bad guys dead

>she will bring in the game of thrones audience
>its gonna be great
literally the only reason for the character to exist

if u sey niggr u die u nazi

Idk it's too much jumping for Rey between light and dark, where she's clearly strongly on the Light side, whereas Kylo seems more flexible to either.

Not bad though, I'd watch it and enjoy it. Also we don't really know how strong Snoke was, but it's clear that he was stronger than Kylo and Rey by a lot and I think it'd be better to have a huge fight where they only just manage to defeat Snoke

pc cuck

>Give Kylo relatable inner conflict
>Understandable motivations
>Position him as the weaker of the two out of him and Rey with actual vulnerabilities.
I'm supposed to hate this faggot and cheer for Rey? Should have gone for the double switch. Would have respected Snoke had he managed to achieve such a high level ruse too.

to be fair he was a terrible character on TFA

I wasn't for the "le janitor knows death star secrets"

He would have been pointless on the main storyline

That sounds awful.

ab S O L U T E

2 movies in and he still hasn't gotten any real character development. Literally just exists for some neat tie-fighter scenes.

Shame, because Oscar Isaac is a great director and he's fun to watch as Poe.

*actor

Welp, fuck me and my 3 hours of sleep.

ITS HER TURN

not his fault Chad Driverson is stealing the spotlight from everyone including the main Heroine.
With the second movie now he pretty much owns the trilogy.

I would've just killed off Rey. Shock everyone and bring in Luke for more stuff in the last movie.

JJ didn't do anything in TLJ. He set up his mystery boxes in his movie, leaving Rian to figure them all out, but Rian, instead, decided to throw away all of the mystery boxes with lazy answers.

He out-acts everyone in TLJ and TFA. Based Driver.