Meanwhile, in reality

Meanwhile, in reality

Other urls found in this thread:

boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=starwars7.htm
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's Star Wars. It will make a billion dollars no matter what.

AHHHAAAHAHAHAHAAAAAAGHAHHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAA

wait for the drop next weekend. will be catastrophic. Reminder Based Jim made MORE on the second weekend with Avatar then he did on the first. That's how to you tell a good movie from a hype machine.

Just because Star Wars is the embodiment of geek culture + cinemagoing right now, doesn't mean the movie is good. Over time, more and more people will admit how shit it is. It's already starting.

it's still gonna make a good profit but with all the fan/normie reactions it won't make as much as it wants

It will make close to 2 billions
Neckbeards are raiding review sites but normies will eat it up

It doesn't mattee how bad it is. I still expect at least 1.3 billion because Star Wars.

The fact that it got a bad RT score will cause MORE people to see it.

You now realize this is all part if the plan.

An enterprice to make money makes money, news at 11

you can laugh about top of someone's head and other silly memes, but boxofficr returns don't lie

You know you pay before you see the movie right.

worked for Justice League amirite@?

This is for Thursday night previews, i.e before any actual fans have seen the movie
The reaction will definitely hurt it, TFA made loads of money through repeat viewings

Review bombing is yet another symptom of the spreading Sup Forums cancer.

>Near-record

That's a fucking exaggeration.TFA preview screenings made $7 Million more two years ago and they're already thinking this turd will break TFA's opening at $119 million.

boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=starwars7.htm

>brother is normiest person on the planet
>had to pretend to get along with his normie friends at his wedding
>now they think I actually enjoy being with them
>organizing a day to see TLJ with a huge group
>haven't even seen one since Episode 1

how do i contribute? do you need to registet acc for this? will my 10k botnet change anything?

>Sup Forums has 60k+ posters
Ok

He and most nomies can binge it on streaming media, so can you.

all hail brand recognition and loyality

>near record
code for making less than TFA

That movie didn’t flop necessarily but it didn’t do what they expected. However it took audiences three movies (MOS, BVS and just ice) to finally stop giving them money.

One more of these and Star Wars will start to get diminishing returns. But they’ll still make billions in the end.

wtf is up with scott mendelson's creep face?

>It's still making lots of money! Hahah!

When a Star Wars movie comes out and is total trash, we all lose. Except for Disney cause they're gonna rake in the cash no matter what.

Its just sad that people accept and defend this total shlock to the end. they could literally make a Star Wars movie about anything at this point, porgs, blue tittie milk monsters, CGI- Leia flying around the galaxy, it would make 1Billion dollars.. but why do you care unless you're getting some of that money?

All I care about is the franchise I used to love thats become complete garbage.

WE DID IT REDDIT

It's not getting anywhere near $2b mate.

TFA actually made $57m in previews. I don't know what the fuck he's talking about with "near-record".

Avatar was a fucking tech demo. Everyone wanted to see the fancy new IMAX 3D experience. 3D is cancer.

Imagine being this fucking retarded.

Its at 58% now lol

they make so much on the merch that the film doesn't have to do that well, but it will anyway.

Those are Thursday night previews, which are always high for high-profile blockbusters like this one. Just you wait for the inevitable second weekend drop.

We're living in a time where hype and word of mouth are the primary drive behind commercial success, so a serial product doesn't gross according to its own quality but according to the quality of its predecessor until the very long-term.

He's not wrong.

The story and characters were boring cliches wrapped in a shiny new special effects.

Disney Wars shills are using the Transformers/Fast and Furious argument, it makes money (for now).

Here's hoping overall decline in movie attendance kicks in. I don't know what is this delusion, not just because the movie is bad but because TFA did so much better two fucking years ago, what indication so far says TJA is doing better?

Transformers stopped making money

Check out youtube, twitter, imdb reviews, the normies are completely trashing the mvoei. Even the normies finally woke up, it took them two years. TFA didn't get that backlash because ppl were starving for SW after 10 years, they got caught by nostalgia and refused to aknowledge how bad it was. Now it's the 3rd Disney nu-wars and the hype doesn't work anymore.
KEK

furious belongs in the trash, but they've been doing diversity forever and back it up with genuine spectacle, so you can see how they would do well globally.

At least with those two, they started out where they are now and kept giving audiences what they wanted. Disney leeching off of an old franchise will just end with people eventually hating it unless they stop pandering and actually tell interesting stories like the originals did.

The Fast and The Furious definitely embraces what it is

I don't have to. I just read your post.

>haven't even seen one since Episode 1
>missing out the greatest SW that is episode 3

What is your excuse.

>near-record

I FOCUS ON THE PAIN

Have any of you seen the movie you're bashing?

Lol, that's what i thought. This just the combination of angry children who happens to have access to the internet.

no
problem?

>greatest SW...

...FOR ME TO POOP ON

I'm not saying they're good, but I did enjoy the FF movies as cheesy action films. I hope companies start realizing that almost no one cares what race someone is until they start trying to pander with it, and that the proper way to do diversity is by just including the characters and treating them like all the others like FF did.

>near-record
who has the record?

Yes. It was released yesterday here.

won't earn much in the long run

yes i have. found it to be a bore. i can only watch a spaceship blow up so many times

Transformers made hundreds of millions therefore it's a good movie

Yeah. A lot of the film sounds retarded out of context but works pretty well within the film. The Snoke assassination, especially.
I find it ridiculous that people are actually lamenting that we didn't get any backstory. He was such an obvious Sidious expy in the first place.

Who cares about reviews when you make that much money lol.

Can wipe away your tears with money.

I don't even care

Just the fact that normies are recognizing the movie sucks makes me happy

No one thought it wasn't going to make money, idiot.

Are you retarded?

BvS made almost a billion $ and killed DC franchise. Of course this movie will still make $. But SW as a franchise is done.

>SW sequel
>amazing trailer, everyone hyped more than ever before
>film is actually a complete mess
>opens strong
>people hate it
>personal reviews start flooding
>mixed-bad
you do realize this is going to hurt the bottom line for the film? make this thread on Monday when the weekend's numbers get released to actually have a point, retard

>Over time
It's just a movie for kids. Of course it's shit. Even hardcore SW fans know it. Nobody is expecting a winning Oscar movie. But it's a good movie to see with your family and spend a nice family time together, like every kids movie like Frozen or Despicable Me.

Irrelevant.

You didn't watch it either. There was no reason for that scene to happen and worse, it was for naught since Kylo did a 180 mere minutes after.

Like DC right?

>SW as a franchise is done.
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Kylo's mad that Snoke manipulated him and he thinks he might be a better leader and that Rey understands him.
It's not hard to not be retarded.

What about clickbait authors in the artcile cliped by OP? They seem to think the previews were strong.

How am I supposed to complain with my wallet and watch the film at the same time? It ain't worth watching until there's an HD version uploaded on the internet.

Kek this. Kylo boasts about getting rid of the Sith and the "old" while literally turning into a Anakin expy in the very same scene.

BOI YOU FUCKING RETARDED

Yes, worst movie I've seen in a fucking while.

it's fucking starwars, of course the previews and initial screening is going to be strong, that's why studios often hide the film from critics they know will bash something until after the release day, in hopes to get as much as they can

word of mouth is the strongest thing you can have, and it's not looking good for this film

the weekend results will tell the full story

Thursday (and Friday) are the fanboys, they will see it no matter what word of mouth is.

The rest of the weekend is what's interesting given that here word of mouth will play a role.

Rey spent those few minute blubbering while he tells her what a nobody she is and that's understanding him?

And how is snoke manipulating him? they never bothered to talk about the force bonds nor for what fucking purpose. Don't try and make up bullshit, and don't tell me to stop paying attention the to the plot of the fucking movie. I don't think there is one, Rian Johnson admitted as much that the film was green-lit without one.

>Battlefront 2 disaster
>TLJ disaster

Face reality drones. This will be remembered as bigger fuckup than Phantom Menace.

JL was trashed by reviewers and general public. TLJ got good reviews and a now has bunch of idiots who haven't seen the movie spamming 0/10 on the internet. It's not even Saturday, anyone claiming we can already tell wether most people like or hate the movie is a damn joke

Hello mouse. Nobody gives a crap about critics anymore.

600 million calling it.

Nobody ever did, boyo, the average Joe doesn't even know what RT is, that's not my point

>hurr durr if you disagree with my retarded opinion you're a drone
Kill yourself you weebcuck. SW as a franchise is bigger than your entire country.

>expect ESB rehash
>get shitstorm

How the fuck do you even fuck up this shit.

Yes. It was genuinely awful.

>the average Joe doesn't even know what RT is
so you're telling me normies don't google a film's name and look at the rotten tomatoes score displayed at the sidebar and go "wow 93%? I think I'm gonna watch this tonight!"

Everyone knows it's going to make shitoads of money. It is still an awful movie no matter how many numbers you try to run to convince yourself.

why does Sup Forums hate this one so much? It's basically the average capeshit you eat up every couple of months

Weird how audiences around the world tell us the exact opposite.

I haven't ever given capeshit money though.

there was a huge blizzard that blanketed the east coast and midwest when avatar premiered keeping a lot of people from seeing it the first week

What the fuck was that shit

and?

It's Scott Mendelson, he's loyal to the Mouse nowadays. Whenever you see these articles hailing a "near-record" or "...for a [insert genre here] film", it's damage control. I'd bet my last penny on TLJ having a lower opening weekend than TFA.

My sister saw it last night. She told us it’s trash. My family is Mexican so there a total of 8 of us who won’t be seeing this.

Normies are the only ones who give a shit about capeshit.

Then again I've seen my share of normie approved movies in cinema, like kimi no na wa.

pure kino, pleb

you joking? Sup Forums went crazy for the avengers #18 trailer

We all said, when they acquired the franchise and announced one film a year for at least fifty years, that it was a huge mistake. That even the plebbiest normie would get sick of the constant year-on-year hype machine after a few years.

I would never have imagined it happening in just three, though.

Is that carbonite case somekind of onahole?

Literally Pocahantas in space.

I watched it yesterday