tfw joe quesadilla thought that marvel was going stale and that it was his job as editor in chief to fix it my letting...

> tfw joe quesadilla thought that marvel was going stale and that it was his job as editor in chief to fix it my letting go of a large part of marvel's huge cast of characters via avengers disassembled and house of m, introducing large high stakes cross over events like civil war and consecutive yearly events, and bring spiderman back to being single in an attempt to recapture the effect of the night gwen stacy died which is regarded as one of the best spiderman stories but didn't realize that the impact of the night gwen stacy died came from its great story telling which showed spiderman dealing with tragedy and allowed him to develop and progress as a character which would eventually pave the way for peter's relationship with mary jane and completely missed the mark by making a shitty story that went against everything the character stood for and threw years of character development out the window in order to end the stan lee ordained spidey/mj marriage which ruined the character and led to years of shitty stories in which spiderman is caught in a cyclone of repetition which was paralleled throughout the marvel universe after the monetary success of civil war led to yearly world changing cross over events with the same cast of characters that brought diminishing returned and went on to lead marvel to reboot and rebrand several times within a few years as they introduce shitty diversity token legacy characters because of the effect that house of m and avengers disassembled had which started the trend of ignoring marvel's large cast of characters in order to tell more stories of marvel's most popular players which has caused normies make claims that comics are racist because they continue to see the same cast of white males in every story which has caused sjw's to complain and demand diversity which is all leading up to the current situation we are in in which brian michael banedis and the league of diversity is crashing this plane with no survivors.

Yes, that`s pretty much it. Good short list of his fuck-ups.

Still better than Alonzo.

TL;DR Quesada is the reason everything is shit at Marvel now.

In other news, grass is green.

>people actually think 00's Marvel wasn't their worst era

It would've been had the stuff in the 10's not happened.

Redemption arc when?

I can't say I agree. The worst of the 10's still beats the worst of the 00's IMO.

I think it's just harder to remember the bad stuff from then. I'll take Slott's crap over JMS's cancer any day of the week.

Also Marvel still had some decent comics to balance out against the diversity shit until recently. Diversity is still the minority of their output but the other stuff is so bland and forgettable it looks like diversity is all they have. Before they had Fraction, Hickman, Remender who were their high-profile writers. Now their high-profile is fucking Bendis and nuWaid. Ewing, Duggan and Spencer are good but all kind of tucked away in their corners on niche books.

>I'll take Slott's crap over JMS's cancer any day of the week.

Opinion disregarded. JMS was great, it was Quesada constantly ruining his stories half way through writing them that made the shitty arcs.

I had problems with JMS (especially once Sins Past started), but at least he wrote Peter mostly like an adult up until OMD. I would even take shitty arcs like The Other over every post-Superior storyarc Slott wrote. At least JMS didn't try to shit on the MC2 universe.

Fuck no.

The current Axel corporate Marvel is just a further extension of the Quesada era and its disdain for the fandom.

>Also Marvel still had some decent comics to balance out against the diversity shit until recently. Diversity is still the minority of their output but the other stuff is so bland and forgettable it looks like diversity is all they have. Before they had Fraction, Hickman, Remender who were their high-profile writers. Now their high-profile is fucking Bendis and nuWaid. Ewing, Duggan and Spencer are good but all kind of tucked away in their corners on niche books.

Ewing is okay and I appreciate his attention to consistency and details (especially since some of Marvel's writers don't) but he's not enough for me to buy a comic regularly. Same with Duggan, he's like a vast improvement over Way but I'm just not interested enough to buy his stuff on a regular basis. Spencer is hit or miss. Superior Foes was decent enough to follow but I just can't care about his writing for Captain America, Sam or Steve. I don't hate it, and I think the people complaining that "Steve is a Nazi now!" didn't read the comics, but I'm not interested in it enough to follow it regularly.

And diversity is the least of Marvel's problems in the 10's.

his hostile attitude also made sure there will never be a DC/Marvel crossover again

My god. Learn punctuation, i can't read this shit

Even the diversity of 00s was miles better than the current crap. We had runaways or anya corozan as arana. Remember how hard reptil used to get pushed along with gravity?

Diverdity had nothing to do with it. It was writers, which Marvel has pushed away almost all of them

I want Slott and Bendis's heads on my piano!

I've heard that he really hates Gambit, and that's the reason he kinda vanished for a while despite that he was probably one of the most popular X-Men after Wolverine.

Most writers hate Gambit. But they are just unimaginative

OP user DON"T FORGET ABOUT ME< SWEETIE!

Nowhere close to Quesada levels.

>Characters can't smoke because smoking is bad.

Why is Quesada such a fucking retard?

Did she hire the X-men gold artist?

Compared to now it's a fucking golden era

Aside from Sin's Past and OMD (which had Quesada's hand all over it so I don't blame JMS for that) JMS had a good Spidey run. He made me like 616 Aunt May for the first time and he wrote Peter and MJ like grown ups.

Slott's it's just some stupid power fantasy and a manchild wanking to Spider-Man, Slott should just stick to doing funny short stories with Johnny Storm and Peter.

TL;DR: KYS for having shit taste.

>all this JMS love
Maybe I am over stating it but JMS doesn't get enough credit here. He is an excelent writer who has written some terrible shit. His Thor and Supreme Powere were amazing.

Did he do any babylon 5 comics? He tied up the story so i would kinda hate it but would read it.

she doesn't hire anyone anymore.

PERIODS! USE THEM!!!

The fact that he's even tangentially involved with America (2017) is enough.

I've been buying discount trades from that time, and there's surprisingly a lot to like, in my opinion.

Babylon 5 is amazing. I think he set a record for most episodes written by one writer on that show.

Though you can see his flaws in B5, too. He can plot brilliantly, but his dialogue can lapse into cheese. Andreas Katsulas and Peter Jurasik took his characters and deepened them, I feel.

Like alot of writers he needs someone to reign in his bad ideas.

1998-2004 is GOAT

First Knights, then the whole line

i see mostly praising of JMS in regards to Spider-Man, Sins Past and OMD aside.

and for good reason, he had a pretty good run where even his mediocre stuff shits on current post OMD stuff.

Remember when he said is the main universe and the ultimate universe crosses over it will mean they ran out of ideas? I do

anyone got the screenshot?

I don't but it was an interview in 2005 I think. I remember it because the ultimate universe was still pretty good before ultimate 3 and ultimatum ruined everything

How does a person have this awful taste?