Why was this movie so praised?

Why was this movie so praised?

Its shit.
>not historical accurate use of divebombers
>dogfights were slow and boring (also not accurate)
>dogfights happening in 20m height
>whenever a plane is hit their engine farts out white smoke
>boring subplots (like the useless boy)
>movie is about a bunch of white men running away from the enemy
>even tho the real dunkirk event had like 400k people involved the movie felt like it was about 30 dudes

we all know this

Please explain detail what made the aerial combat inaccurate apart from everything being at low altitude.

Why the fuck did it suck so hard?
Nolan had a stroke?

Saw this at the premier and was bored to death. Went on Sup Forums to discuss. Everybody loved it.

Months later, everybody realizes it's garbage.
Is Sup Forums a hivemind?

Everything was wrong about it, aerial combat is all about making the enemy bleed speed so you can gain the high ground.

just go watch your (((last jedi))) my american friend, this is more for you

ah so you don't know anything, got it.

all the adults agree that it was boring, the only counterpoint that was ever brought forth against us was "u just dont get it, go back to capeshit"
which just proves how shit Dunkirk was

Because Nolanhack

they only like it because MUH IMAX EXPERIENCE everyone who saw it on torrent realized how shit and boring it was

I played a shitton of IL2 sturmovik you pleb

what bothered me was how ever site praised it as the best thing since sliced bread.
>100% rotten tomato
>97 on metacritic
>9.8 on imdb
it fucking pissed me off because I paid and sat through two hours of nothing

>video game

hahahahahaha

they only like it because they are supposed to like it because everyone said that it was great kino. It's a case of the king's invisible clothes, nobody wants to admit that they cant see a problem.
On some things, you just have to accept that humanity will follow herd behavior

Its a Simulator you fucking pleb.
the Nolan hack retard didn‘t even bother making some research about WW2.
wht a turd of a movie

What a snoozefest, how can you make a film about the greatest war that ever was, and have it be so stale and boring?

Its kino

End of.

I liked it. Maybe it's because I'm English and a patriot, but I cried at the end when Nimrod kicked in.

This film shows an England that once was, that shall never be again.

Nolan is basically mainstream Malick.

Him and Villeneuve keep my faith in modern accessible cinema.

Yh not enough big blockbuster movies that have good directors now it's capeshit/soywars or those guys and their doing a pretty good job of not selling out

>fucking propeller held on with a stick
Forgot that Merlin, didn't we?

Everyone on here said it was shit. I enjoyed it. It was not an excellent film but it wasn't a waste of 2 hours like 90 percent of the shit coming out these days. I felt good about the movie afterwards.

fuck user

Loved it. What a film.

I can't rewatch the torrent its not the same experience as IMAX with that sound quality you can actually feel the movie because the sound is so powerful on those systems.

And it was like 1hr46m i think not 2 hours

Nolan fucking sucked and each and every flick he ever made fucking sucked

>check the catalog

>Star Wars praise everywhere

>Dunkirk hate everywhere else

the fucking state of this board, just piss off reddit please

none of what you just said is a valid picture critique. if dunkirk were a reality or documentary, then yes. you seem to be unable to grasp the basic elements of escapism, no offense.

I watched it on a massive home theater screen with a 7.1 surround sound system and whatever bro i don't remember the exact time.

They made air combat look like garbage, movie was garbage.

Agreed OP. There was no minority inclusion anywhere- no women, LGBTQ2+, Blacks, Muslims, etc. why is Nolan afraid of telling their stories? Instead we’re forced to sit back and pretend to care about a bunch of white males. Ugh.

They are both reddit, and by the way you might want to stop using that reddit spacing

What hack e-celeb gave Dunkirk a bad review to make Sup Forums suddenly hate it?

it's a bittersweet feel.

Even though I wasn't alive then, I have certain nostalgia for that period. Films like Brief Encounter and Reach for the Sky have a certain comfyness to them which Dunkirk replicates.

Imagine if Nolan made a WW2 about Stalingrad? or any other eastern front battle.

You know, where the real battle was fought!

I dont know why they made a movie about the biggest military disaster of ww2.

Its a decent watch but forgetable.

>This film shows an England that once was,
I don't know bro, England still shits on France every chance they get, and Dunkirk was that pushed to its extreme.