>Out This Week:
Poe Dameron #13 (April 19)

>Star Wars: The Last Jedi trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=zB4I68XVPzQ

>Star Wars: Rebels - The Final Season (Trailer):
youtube.com/watch?v=-b7GAhnVwhA

>Battlefront 2 trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=Kae-JjbLsgA&index=1&list=FLdSuXSeQXpX_Xax4qNKMnlw

>Download links: (Check here for new Rebels Episodes + Books, Comics, Films, etc)
pastebin.com/nWsKtSya

>Canon Guide:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t1KovH_1GYLDTAe3yrleeWiuzwulm670o_anQqr5Rcg/pubhtml

>Legends Recommendation List:
docs.google.com/document/d/147N5EgCnZmcPaDYvnGQwl9cn7BhBroFb7mD2C4cmWb0/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/12753510
youtu.be/uCcUUkalQbI
youtube.com/watch?v=3MF2VFgCUSk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It's not the official ICS book, it was called Star Wars Complete Vehicles, it came out in 2013 right before the canon purge and includes all the rest of the ICS schematics in a somewhat revised order and page layout, plus the Scout Trooper speeder bike, Luke's Landspeeder, and the Nebulon B Medical Frigate

strawpoll.me/12753510

DEAD KANAN

Does the thing behind the fathers throne remind anyone else of heras family toy?

youtu.be/uCcUUkalQbI

Posting important things from Orlando.

I don't want Kanan to die he's too cute :c

First for Andi

this is before JJ came on board. Things we now know weren't his ideas:
>Starkiller Base (which was called the Doom Star until Denis Muren had the idea that it could get its energy from draining the sun and they decided to call it Starkiller)
>Maz
>Luke being in hiding/exile
>Rey (then known as Kira but the idea of character was the same)

Probably just coincidence.

The thing behind the Father's Throne seems to be a set of scales with all things hanging in the balance (of the Force).

The Syndulla artifact thing probably has two dangling parts because it's reminiscent of a pair of lekku. I guess they have a lekku based culture.

>>literally the next scene
>>suddenly increased distance from the gate

>yfw your dog ends up taking up the spotlight

Kind of awkward looking smile though

a lot of the story seemed to already have been planned by the time Arndt was replaced by JJ and Kasden too. The quote from Rick Carter at the bottom makes me think that the idea to have the same story beats as ANH was decided by Kathy Kennedy when they decided to not use Lucas' ideas

>sleep tight, hamster

It's a trick of film lenses user. They actually animated and rendered out the whole sequence in one go and had a device to just drop cameras out where they wanted them. A wider lens was used on the first shot, then a narrower one on the second.

You can't really see it because of the way it's cut but the space sequence actually involves constant maneuvering on the part of the capital ships, with Raddus weaving between the Star Destroyers and space superiority over the shield gate going back and forth. The ISD's finally make a stand over the gate when the Y-wings disable one and then a hammerhead pushes them into each other and the gate, then Raddus moves in again, then away again after the transmission before the Devastator arrives to prevent egress to hyperspace.

sleep tight joker

So it's possible that Lucas's Episode VII would have had many of the same plot points as TFA?

mark is so /ourboy/ it isn't even funny

STAR WARS IS SHIT

fuck the pohleese

Well, I'm convinced.

For some reason the "Rey is a Skywalker" theory is really popular on Tumblr. I don't get why, since it's boring and trite. What do you guys think of the theory? Do you think it'll actually happen?

wtf, I hate Star Wars now

>tumblr
>boring and trite
answered your own question famigliano paisano

well no one knows for sure what it was about, other than his original sequel trilogy ideas being about a female Jedi protagonist with Luke passing the torch to her and the new generation (not sure if she was meant to be Luke's daughter or not)

HEY ALL YOU FUCKERS THAT SAY THE STORY GROUP WASN'T INVOLVED IN COMING UP WITH THE STORY FOR TFA, READ THE FIRST PARAGRAPH

>pic related

Fiolini mentioned by name, too.

What did he mean by this?

FIOLINIIIIIIIIIIIIIAEEEUH

>junk planet
I wish Jakku had been like those airplane/ship graveyards intsead /nottattooine with a single star destroyer. Like an actual full on junk planet. Jakku looked too bare. Its like they built that one archway from ralph mcquarrie concept art and called it a day. The whole of TFA looked bare in that regard, like they stopped at one tiny set piece for each location and were then too scared to spice up the background with matte paintings or cg because of all the hate the prequels got for being too busy

>tfw Yoda just said for Luke to pass on what he had learned, not necessarily to revive the Jedi as an institution

thats actually not to dissimilar to the original concept art for the junk planet/Jakku.

I agree

>because of all the hate the prequels got for being too busy

How else are you going to imply a living, breathing world with actual people existing in it?

>"I don't care what anything looks like. I really don't. I have total faith that its going to look wonderful. I want it to be a great movie because it's infused with spirit of the force" - Production designer and art director Rick Carter.
That explains so much. Fuck this guy

>"pass on what you have learned"
>Luke's training is pretty much doing flips in a swamp and then Yoda saying if he kills Vader then his training his done

no wonder Luke fucked up so bad, he had no idea what the fuck to teach them. Kylo probably got Vader's helmet because Luke figured he could have them attack Vader's corpse and it'd basically be the same

the designs on the bottom are 10/10
there are some real good stuff in that book
shame they didnt use it

It's better than "Rey is a Kenobi"

At least Rey being a Skywalker would continue a tradition of the movie being about Skywalkers, Rey being a Kenobi means absolutely nothing.

The whole reason people feel we need a shocking ancestral reveal in the first place is because of the Vader/Luke thing. If people took a step back and didn't blindly accept it as important on shallow, face value alone, they'd realize that why that reveal was so shocking and impactful was because Luke had been actively fighting Vader for 2 movies. He felt Vader killed his Dad, killed Owen and Beru, killed Obi-Wan, destroyed Alderaan, enslaved the Galaxy etc. etc. Luke felt that Vader was the antithesis of who he was and what he stood for. So for Vader to be a part of him turned everything that Luke felt he understood about the world on its head.

Rey being a Skywalker simply doesn't have the narrative investment to match that, any reveal would mostly rely on OT nostalgia, however, at least Rey knows who Luke is and it would raise questions about her abandonment and conflicts regarding Luke and her desire to find her family.

Rey being a Kenobi means absolutely jack shit. People only support the theory because it's "Rey is a Skywalker: Hipster Edition". Rey doesn't know who Obi-Wan is, the reveal would mean nothing to her as a character. The man's been dead for 30 years so there's no chance of raising or resolving any conflicts in a meaningful way. I genuinely can't believe how terrible it is as an idea. I can only imagine the people who want to see that have absolutely no idea how storytelling works as a craft, they just want it because STAR WARS THING GOOD YAAY

>JJ is finally replaced by /swco/'s punching bag by Rick Carter
>not Kathy Kennedy

does she need to start wearing a cloak with the hood pulled up or would that still be too subtle for you guys

yeah reading the Art of the Force Awakens as someone who liked TFA made me feel how people who were disappointed by it when it came out probably felt. It really ruined the film for me knowing all the cool ideas that they just abandoned for more of the same.

DAMN, YODA LOOKED LIKE THAT?

>these unused Star Destroyer designs

why the actual fuck didn't they use these

Too different.

>the Sequel Trilogy continues the Skywalker story

>A Skywalker kills the Jedi Order
>A Skywalker revives the Jedi Order
>The new Jedi Order is killed by the grandson of the first Skywalker
>The second Skywalker now decides that the Jedi are better off dead and resigned to history

The one they used looks alright when it isnt being angled to look like the original

why weren't either of these used for TLJ? If a shot of either the Neo AT-AT or the tunnel chase idea was in the trailer that'd make people excited as fuck

Forgot image

yeah it looks fine but not like it has 30 years of technological advancements on the original ones

In the movie it looks shite

>Technological advancement
>In a fantasy setting

>6 idiots voted for Hera when she is the only one confirmed to survive

Is there an upload anywhere of the Rebels episode they showed at Celebration?

Something small I noticed but maybe the Fifth brother is a Noghri like Rukh. Could possibly be the reason they changed the appearance from the EU species.

No, and in all likelihood we won't get one.

So JJ gets too much hate?

Yes.

>oy vey Isaac! The goyim are growing angry with our diversity agenda
>Let's give them a cartoon with waifus in it and distract them with their perverted tendencies

Ain't no business like shoa business

I'm not seeing anything on the "Doom Star" or that any of what you just said happened before JJ showed up.

shut up JJ

What's this referring too?

>I want it to be a great movie because it's infused with spirit of the force

Jesus CHRIST why is everyone in entertainment such a faggot?

> Filoni working on a Rogue Squadron series

How HYPED would you be?

Forces of Destiny, a 2-episode-long animated special, showing sixteen 3-minute-long adventures.

It's been met with some not-so-happy response, due to it featuring almost exclusively female characters.

youtube.com/watch?v=3MF2VFgCUSk

That depends, how can they have Wedge bounce back from his lame origin story?

everything is in the first couple paragraphs of what I posted except the Doom Star, which is mentioned at the end of pic related

well we now know that Fiolini was involved in the story for TFA from the beginning, so who knows.

>due to it featuring almost exclusively female characters

Why does this trigger people?

Guys I think I know what Filoni is working on, and it all adds up.

>Lucasfilm has been expanding between every single Star Wars movie, from books and comics, to even movies and tv.
>Every single part of the timeline is being explored, except one; ESB -> ROTJ
>Visceral/Motive is currently working on an OT-Era Videogame, but they have not said it's centered just before/after ANH like the rest of current OT media is
>Filoni says his new project is "on another level", meaning it's part of something bigger, and possibly including more notable characters.

Guys, I am 100% sure that they are going to announce a Canon "Shadows of the Empire" project.

Now bare in mind, it's probably going to have a different name, but I fully expect it will be a huge multi-media project set between "The Empire Strikes Back" and "Return of the Jedi", featuring an interconnected series of stories and characters in;

>Books
>Comics
>Filoni's new cartoon
>Visceral/Motives game (and possibly 2018 DLC for BF2)
>MAYBE the 2020 spin-off movie will be connected too

I believe the project will start 2018 with the launch (or soon before) of Visceral/Motive's game.

They do look similar but 5B has normal feet whereas Rukh doesn't

I meant Rebels you dingus

BUILDING THE FUTURE AND KEEPING THE PAST ALIVE ARE ONE AND THE SAME THING

The characters themselves aren't a problem, but people (IMO understandably) don't like the mentality of "needing" something to help girls like Star Wars.

I'm actually betting on dead Ezra.

>You and the Naboo form a symbiont circle

>And [the midichlorians] are in symbionts with us

Pls no bully, new here.

I want to read through all the old comics. Mostly just old republic and after the OT. Are the majority in the pastebin? Because I saw that the legends is incomplete. Should I bother downloaded canon as well?

Because they accociate
>exclusively female characters
with pic related.
It's a very common psychological effect. It's like with the rats that have been shocked when going in a specific way in a labirynth, they'll never go that path again because they accociate it with pain.
It's actually sad that SJW culture hurt their own cause in this way.

So now we're going after Filoni too?

When will this stop? Who will be spared? Are we forever cursed to be bound by the shadow of TFA?

Nobody should give a shit about this. It's a cheap as fuck cartoon made for youtube only just to cash in on the success of DC superhero girls.

Not George Lucas

unless we find the secret documents that reveal he wrote the script for force awakens

I don't see why it's really a problem desu. There's nothing wrong with having different styles/demographics in such a huge franchise like Star Wars.

Did I miss something? What's the sauce?

people here would act like they've always loved TFA if that happened though

see:

To me it speaks to how corporate and cold Disney is.
They KNOW that male fans will eat anything SW right up, so they make everything star women to double the demographic size.

>people here would act like they've always loved TFA if that happened though
pffft
A spade is a spade mate.
And plenty of people here CONSTANTLY remind us of how objectively terrible the PT is anyway.

This is what rubs me the wrong way

If the shorts are fun, I'll enjoy them, but it feels dirty knowing it was made to shill girls into the franchise.

If girls can like Star Wars, you should have no problem showing them Rebels, not making a whole new show for them.

That last one killed me

Her too.

jesus Portman's aged like milk, and not even compared to Ewan and Hayden

>implying best boy will die

1. Obi Wan would be 57 in canon and Alec Guinness was 63.

2. Anakin was burned alive.

Okay sure so he sat in on at least a few meetings, probably most of them in the beginning. But I'm not convinced he's a Chief architect of TFA. I have a hard time imagining the closest we have to George's heir would give birth to such a shit fest.

>devilry

Devils are canon? inb4 cantina Satan

Fives died a few years ago.

>Darth Full Head
Not a bad name.

So, how was the VR in Battlefront I? Worth it?

Playing a Rogue Squadron-like game in VR is like a dream I always wanted, but I don't know if it's up there already. But I sure hope it is.

Obi-Wan spent years in a desert as a hermit sufficient on probably nothing more than eating gruel to sustain himself. That should age someone pretty fast.

Also, Ewan is eternal.

Fives isn't best boy though.

That's because sixes is

and so the denial sets in...

search your feelings, you know it be true

>Yes Jimmy I played KenobiAAAAAAAAARRGGG