Why didn't they have Admiral Ackbar do this instead of a shitty OC character?

because they wanted the Tumblr audience

what are you sexist?

jesus, even his name is Ackbar ffs

Why are you speciesist?

Because audience would've immediately sided with Ackbar over Poe, if there was a disagreement between them.

That said, the "mutiny" side plot could've been dropped, and an Ackbar sacrifice would've been cooler.

How was Rey able to match Kylo with the force? Wait, what?

>this annoying cunt sacrifices herself for the resistance
>it's not emotionally impactful because she acted as a douchebag throughout the film and she had a few minutes of screentime anyway
>admiral ackbar, one of fan favorites was killed basically off-screen because the camera was focusing on leia the entire scene
Fuck. This. Shit.

>A male (eww!) saving the day

Why did she wait until 3/4 of the rebels were killed before trying to make this move?

Why the FUCK didn't they have Leia do that instead of some OC?
Why the FUCK did they revive Leia?
Why the FUCK did they even "kill" Leia if she was going to be revived right away in the first place?

Oddly enough, the thing I haven't heard even one of you nerds mention is the fact that when she makes the jump to hyperspace, she would not have rammed the other ship at all. They wouldn't be in the same dimension anymore.

Don't you mansplain to me

kek

>revive Leia
>Carrie dies anyway
Disney btfo

>Leia is such a mary sue she literally comes back to life
>Fisher dies IRL
L A M O

Admiral ackbar’s death was so anti climactic that I do not even remember how he died.

THE FORCE IS FEMALE

sounds like eu speak to me

Ackbar aint no punch bitch

Is that why the force is so irrational?

Yes ?

EVERYONES DEAD

EVEN ADMIRAL ACKBARD DIED IN THE TRAP
*winks at audience*

So has this leaked or something?

This but unironically.

It's not EU speak as far as I know. I have read very, very little of EU stuff. But I understand the concept of hyperspace. When that ship jumps to hyperspace, it isn't just going "like, really really fast bruh," it's fucking gone. It's no longer on the same plane of existence as the normal universe.

I want to talk about this thing
I don't think it doesn't make sense, I just think it looks stupid but I saw a bunch of dweebs arguing about it in another thread thinking ooooh inertia oooh mass oooh it can't possibly work.
All it takes is for the hammerhead to be strong enough to apply force without being crushed, and for the star destroyer to be strong enough to be pushed without being crushed. The hammerhead pushes the star destroyers harder triangle bit into the other star destroyer's shit that's sticking out on top which is much weaker structurally. The harder/stronger/more reinforced part of one destroyer fucks up weaker parts of the other destroyer. The hammerhead applies enough force to accelerate the first destroyer without destroying the part where it's pushing nor itself.
But it looks retarded and shits all over the menacing nature that's meant to accompany a star destroyer, making them into silly toys that you smash into eachother. But it does make sense, even though it's dog shit. Prove me wrong (with real arguments).

Wrong, it takes some distance before it hits the other dimension, she was close enough that her ship would still physically interact with matter in front of them

That officer going "NO!" was the best and most authentic acting in the whole movie.

STARSHIP FUEL CAN'T MELT STAR DESTROYERS

Name one thing about Ackbar's personality.

This looks like the only original, cool interesting scene in this whole film, am I correct?

I thought that was a good scene, dunno why people keep ripping on it

>The Force is Female
>Force is Female
>Force Female
>Force in Females
Nyeeeees

If only there was some sort of device capable of preventing hyperspace travel.

here's an argument, everyone in the small ship would fucking die at 0.19

*winks at audience*
*grabs a porg*
*porg barks at the audience*
*both wink at the audience*
*ghost of ackbar appears*
>"It's a trap!"

>Purple hair dyed woman saves the day
The absolute STATE of Star Wars.

Cool EU ship you got there.

cares about his soldiers. looked very sad when that Awing did the suicide run on the Executor while everyone cheered

Its probably the best scene of R1 and works out perfectly in my head without going through mathematics to try and work out if it would cause the damage it displays

Saying that
Force = Mass x Acceleration
Seeing as the mass of the SD is large the acceleration doesn't need to be much to do serious damage

It's fantasy user lol just shut your brain down and enjoy the movie

underrated poast

Interdictor Star Destroyers are canon. They're in Star Wars Rebels.

That's an improvement for Kylo desu. She snatched the lightsaber from him in TFA, then she beat his ass.

>stop using old characters!
>don't invent new characters!

Force = Midiclorians you lorelet.

>why don't they use my EU ships from my super canon cartoon
lmao, no one cares about non movie canon
why the fuck is this so hard for "canon" fags to accept? The people who work on the movies have no idea what is or isn't canon outside of the movies

KILL THE PAST! WE NEED CONTROL OF THIS FRANCHISE!
I'm done with these movies. They aren't even Star Wars anymore. Next film will probably focus on Not-The-Empire, in their ongoing campaign that feels like nothing is at stake at all, blowing Tattooine, Dagobah, Naboo, and whatever ties remain to Lucas while still calling back and referencing them every other second of the film.

How did he know they are going to do that?

Exactly, should've let it as it was.

>one punch man
I thought it was a neat scene, but purple hair could have done that sooner, or shielded the transports

I've been saying it for years. Why isn't every battle in Star Wars universe solved this way? Hyperspeed ram a bunch of autopiloted ships into enemy stuff, instant victory

No, the midichlorians are just what connects the person to the force. Still stupid, tho.

Here's an argument, you're a fag

Anons, there is new Avengers movie out already? O__O

If a jump into hyperspace does this, why don't they just rig up asteroids into hyperspace missiles? Why did none of the x-wings attacking the death star hyperspace into it when they were crashing? In that "it's a trap" scene, why didn't the giant rebel ships that were blowing up just hyperspace into the unfinished death star?

He can detect traps with the swiftness.

you don't even need one of those (whatever the fuck they are) to stop something from going to light speed. they had ion cannons that disabled cruisers in episode v.

They didn't think of it

This is a fuckin awesome scene and easily worth the price of admission

because le force is female

>This looks like the only original, cool interesting scene in this whole film, am I correct?
yes, but it's poorly used because it only saves like 10% of the crew and the rest die

just turn your brain off bro

presumably hyperspace engines are expensive.

I am going to beat two women this weekend because of Star Wars. I have never hit a woman before, and have not wanted to.

This weekend I will beat two as close to death as I can.

Thank feminism.

They had these at the time which prevented Hyperspace travel.
But then after the Battle of Endor Interdictors became non-canon and vanished from existence.

star destroyers are worthless they do absolutely nothing in the movies. The only time they actually do anything is in RotS

Why didn't either of the first two negro captains who went down with the smaller ships for no reason try that? Is it because they weren't white? Come on, Disney, it's 2017.

9/11 hadn't happened yet, gotta remind the goyim!

Because hyperspace wasn't super speed, it was like a shortcut where ships can travel at lightspeed without crashing into shit. Rian Johnson doesn't know shit about Star Wars.

YASS QUEEEN

more like 9/10s.

its because she was a retarded character.

The second ship shouldn't be destroyed. The second ship should be pushed just like the first one.

Also, any decent Sci-Fi space vehicle should have a position stabilizers and sensors to determine when to automatically use them, specially big ships.

>that hair
*wheeze* Ohh no no no no,

WHY DIDN'T THEY HAVE LEIA DO IT?
No really, why didn't Leia snackbar the Supremacy? They're got to kill her off regardless, Carrie Fisher is dead. Why the fuck is her character still breathing at the end of TLJ? They could have had her go out like a badass, but now we're gonna get stuck with the title crawl of Episode IX starting with
>LEIA ORGANA IS DEAD, SUCCUMBED TO HER INJURIES...

Your entire argument only proves yet again that some of the most famous ship designs are complete shit. The impact would have killed or knocked out half the crew on the hammerhead ship primarily the stupid asshole standing up. Somehow the tiny vessel knocks down the whole crew on the huge ship which was retarded instead of jostling the small ship before revving up to push. It would have taken much longer to push it like that and it would have arced the cruiser forward not just straight to the side like that. The hammerhead itself is just a bullshit plot device for "muh epic space battles" and"muh dramatic tension" layered with a deus ex machina as the ship is a weapon to destroy the giant blue space laser of doom when they collide in one giant cluster fuck of lazy writing to the point of being trite when looked at with the perspective of science fiction as a whole and not using it as an excuse for drama. Stupid shit like this and what happened in TLJ are why Star Wars is completely ruined beyond anything the prequels accomplished..

>Prove me wrong (with real arguments).

If "Hammerhead" Corvettes were a thing then combat doctrine would reflect this and no one would park Star Destroyers that close to each other to prevent this exact scenario. Sort of like how in real soldiers avoid bunching up whenever possible because grenades exist and they don't want to get squad-wiped by a few pounds of explosives.

Furthermore the idea of a highly specialized capital ship that is designed around the tactic of closing to point blank range with a another capital ship and pushing it into things, banking on the gamble that it will be able to close the distance before it gets blown to bits is silly. It's like taking tugboats into battle against battleships with the idea of somehow using them as offensive weapons.

The ship only exists as a plot contrivance to justify the set-piece spectacle of a jobber Star Destroyer smashing into another Star Destroyer.

>>>/tumblr/
I can smell a falseflag a mile away.

He was a weird xeno that was actually likeable instead of all the rotten fugly xenos that populate the films

But every basic bitch X-wing is equipped with them?

Pretty sure he's just joking. It's not a funny joke, but it's a joke

You forgot that the ship she SMASHES is called Supremacy.

I am joking.

Who hasn't wanted to hit women before?

Disney said they were impressed enough with the CGI Leia in Rogue One that they are gonna keep her alive the whole time in Episode IX, they already have a voice actress and the CGI team is working on it right now because thtat will be a lot of work having her as a main character in the next film

>TFA gave us warping past shields
>TLJ gave us kamikaze warping
what will IX give us?

wouldn't being able to take out a large part of the enemies presumably even more expensive fleet make that really worth it? Compare it to how war works today where you use a $500K missile to blow up a rusty t-72 that's worth not even a quarter of that.

Laure Dern is GOAT, desu hating on her character is absolutely Reddit tier

That's retarded

kek

You fucking know if Leia had been the one to do this it would have been outright kino.

what the fuck am i watching

I honestly couldn't create a better parody if I tried

I just meant to say everyone is bitching about this new character doing this thing (which is really just glorification of suicide bombing, btw) and nobody even stopped to think about how the two ships wouldn't even physically interact.

It's not the value of the target that matters but an enemies loss that matters in the long term goal during a war of attrition. When I can throw $500k missiles at you all day long it doesn't matter because you're stuck welding together old Toyota parts and throwing rocks at the sky.

Diane?

I remember doing that in Homeworld Cataclysm.

>and nobody even stopped to think about how the two ships wouldn't even physically interact.

see