gadgetshowprizes.co.uk/smokey-and-the-bandit/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Saw?

split

nope, it's not recent or horror

Smokey and the Bandit

gadgetshowprizes.co.uk/smokey-and-the-bandit/

>how's Google work?

oh guess I should've said no cheating but I didn't think there would be a faggot as big as you

Blair witch project?

guess this kino instead

Scott Pilgrim?

>Guess the movie!
No thanks.

Paranormal activity?

American Graffiti

corret

somehow i doubt that 770k includes the salaries

It was filmed like a hundred years ago, dumbass

Fucking IT. god damn Sup Forums is retarded

>nope, it's not recent or horror

What was the biggest American flop in history?

>inb4 fat joke or something

already answered you stupid fuck

Zyzzyx Road.
I think the director and two other people saw it. Literally.

My biopic desu

Are movies a form of money laundering?

lmfao

Can you expand on this for a brainlet like me? I get the basic concept but details would be nice

Scott pilgrim lost money

it's like, you have your money, then you put in the washer with your clothes

This one is easy

>Budget: 2 million USD (2007)
>Box Office: 30 USD
Goodness…

yikes....

the luc besson cara develigne movie

That could be any WWE produced movie. Oh who am I kidding, they wouldn't put more than $1 million into a movie.

nope
hint:it's about a corrupted organization

primer

I don't know the full workings of criminal money laundering, but I do know how some people turn movies into scams to become rich.
First you pitch an idea to investors and get funds. Then you make the movie. However, instead of hiring independent companies to take care of things like catering, equipment rental etc, you hire your own "companies". You pay these "companies" with investor money, which then comes back to you.
When the movie is released, it doesn't matter if it flops or not; you've already taken the investors money.

paranormal activity

Clerks?

adventures of pluto nash

go back to redit

Get Out?

The Blair Witch Project?

Blair Witch Project

Yes

I'm braindead

get out?

it's United passions
don't worry literally nobody saw it

correct
another notorious one

holy shit. the imdb and metacritic score for that movie. I have to see it

Yee

this one still triggers me

that's the movie about the origin of FIFA, one of the most corrupted sport organizations in the world, funded by FIFA itself, right?

I make jokes like this, and seeing how painfully unfunny they are when other people do them actually hurts my confidence

it's supposed to be a shitty, chip chipperson-esque unfunny joke

tss home run cocksucka

paranormal activity

Johnny Criminal has made $10 million through illegal means. He can't put that in the bank because the IRS will snoop around and eventually send him to pound-me-in-the-ass-jail. So he has to convince the IRS somehow that he made this money through legal means. In comes Hollywood.
Johnny creates several fake production companies to handle every step of the production of a film. Then he, as Johnny Investor, "pays" these companies to make a film. How much? $10 million.
Johnny Investor then becomes Johnny Company Owner. Johnny Company Owner then pays his staff, who are real professionals and are probably not in on the trick, for $1 million dollars worth of work and the rest goes to the himself. The staff then creates the film, but by this point Johnny doesn't care. He now has $9 million in his bank account, and if the IRS comes a knocking he can point to his companies as a source of income.

>Then he, as Johnny Investor, "pays" these companies to make a film. How much? $10 million.
and where does he say that money came from?

the investors.

This one should be easy.

The IRS will come knocking if some nobody buys a $1 million house. They won't come knocking on a "producer's" house. And if they do, then

"The investors."
"Do you have records of this? Receipts?"
"They paid in cash."
"Oh ok. Goodbye."

Does the IRS not care who these investors are?

that's Deep Throat, right?

Correct

The IRS will nab anyone if they look hard enough. The point of money laundering is to keep a low profile and not raise any undue attention.
There was a kid in England who stole millions of pounds through phishing yet no one caught on for years because he was a NEET who lived with his parents.

how did he get caught?

probably bought 2 bags of tendies at once at his last grocery shopping

I was going to say Get Out.

Dann, no idea.

Blair Witch?

I can't remember. I can't find the article on it, either. I think I read it on The Guardian a few years ago

Not that guy, but there are companies like Millenium etc who have studios in places like Bulgaria and work with banks who ask no questions.

A private investor deposits x amount in bank, bank makes loan to movie studio, movie studio pays """"""""executive producer""""""".

Somehow a studio is happy to pay Bruce Willis 10 mil to churn out movies that never turn a profit, that have budgets of 50 mil but aside from the star, look like they cost 5 mil to make.

THIS.

It's the same in the UK. It's actually also pretty easy to dodge taxes if you're smart and also a nobody.

Only famous idiots or people who publicize living beyond their means get caught.

EWS?

Yes.

Every single legitimate industry, will have some kind money laundering involved.

What was that famous film that was primarily funded from mafia money? I can't remember who the director was but it was a pretty iconic film.

Oh and the most famous example, or largest, of all this is MGM.

They were acquired by an Italian businessman. He began as an account for the mob, before going """""straight""""" amd working as a financial manager for the Vatican.

Then he went to Hollywood, and with a massive loan from a European bank he purchased MGM. He borrowed hundreds of millions of dollars from this bank, yet didn't produce any movies.

But all the money was gone and MGM got gutted and sold off in pieces.