Am I the only one who is legitimately depressed by the way Disney is handling Star Wars?

It has so much potential and it could be someone of the smartest blockbusters of the decade.
But no Disney is going the safe route. I'm legitimately depressed over this fact and I cant even enjoy the OT anymore because of it. What do I do?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wVJyf5yKxuo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>DREPEESED OVER EMEM WAURS

GET A LIFE NERD

I would have agreed with you, if you didn't start off with "am I the only one" self pitying cringe cliche phrase.
kill youre self

I had no faith yet I was still let down

grow up

> Watching an insufferable company that pushes propaganda that ruins society burn their house down ....
Not sure why this would make anyone depressed.
Cosmic Karma
> the force

the fear of loss is a path to the dark side...

youtube.com/watch?v=wVJyf5yKxuo

>literally monopolizing as much pop culture as possible
>every IP is cash cow
>remove any incentive to make new stuff
>eventually writers will be replaced with AI deep learning algorithms using test audiences
>impeccable CGI replaces all actors
>the endless machine of pop culture, mathematically milking you until you're dead
you're not alone

All of the magic is dead in the new films.

I don't understand how they fucked it up, honestly even I could have come up with a better story. It's all just nostalgia bait, they couldn't even let go of the rebellion even after the republic was restored because that would be something new and they can't take any risks at all

All they had to do was kotor

Yep, disney broke me. I don't even care anymore. They can rape it to the end.

feel the same way. they could have done so much cool shit with the fall of the empire and the creation of the new republic and all that follows, but instead they just went the most boring route possible. and they’ll never be able to redo it if they somehow chose to do so because the OT cast isn’t getting any younger/coming back to life

They did steal Revan's mask.

>watching anything in 2017

I actually liked TFA but any interest I had for the next film was killed by TLJ. Until I hear some good news about the next one "fixing" TLJ flaws in the next 2 years, then I won't be watching it.

I literally, literally do not give a SHIT about Star Wars.

>what do I do

Not let people like pic related become normalized, far too late now though.

I went in with zero expectations and still left disappointed
Im not sure how they managed to do this with a Star Wars movie

Feels like Gareth Edwards should have directed TLJ and Rian Johnson R1

Lucas made three cool family sci-fi movies with classical story arcs back in the 70s. That's it. That's where it should have stayed.

You can't be disappointed if you always expect the worst.

I love how shitty Nu Star Wars is. It's re-energized this board 100%.

>The Last Jedi is too safe
>pissing off idiot normies left and right because HURRRRRRRRR WHO WAS SNOKE NOT MUH LUKE REEEEEEEEE

it's not really disappointment at this point but more like shock when seeing luke milking a dinosaur tits

Yes.

Based Jaqen

Yes, you manchild.

What they are doing to Star Wars is disgusting, but Star Wars was never good so its not that big of a deal. If anything it shows how braindead the Star Wars fanbase is since they continue to watch the movies like the bunch of brainless sheeps they are.

the jews will destroy everything you ever loved

>Sup Forums is nothing but threads shitting on star wars
>HURR LEMME MAKE A NEW THREAD ASKING IF I'M THE ONLY ONE WHO DOESN'T LIKE STAR WARS

I like the new movies, but they lack an overall cohesive vision and try too hard to keep things the same or make them different. They need to have someone basically be the new George Lucas and have a specific vision of where the franchise should go.

NOT JJ Abrams either. He did okay with TFA, but he doesn't care at all about a cohesive vision for the franchise and doesn't care to explain or have a reason for anything.

>Disney is going the safe route
Did you see the movie nigga?

It's essentially The Empire Strikes Back, they even redid the fucking Battle of Hoth only in a planet of red salt