Did you guys ever watch this American cartoon back when you were younger? Did you (or do you still) play the game...

Did you guys ever watch this American cartoon back when you were younger? Did you (or do you still) play the game? While I'm a big fan of pic related, I'd have to say that Joey (Yugi's friend from New York) is actually my favorite character.

Other urls found in this thread:

mangareader.net/yu-gi-oh/4
youtube.com/watch?v=sw3tq9sHrus&list=PL91C18D5876862373
youtube.com/watch?v=CrajXUw5ezI&index=2&list=PL91C18D5876862373
youtube.com/watch?v=2uudfmLCKb0&list=PL91C18D5876862373&index=3
youtube.com/watch?v=_4M9FLt-4-U&list=PL91C18D5876862373&index=4
youtube.com/watch?v=xsOndG_JgZM&list=PL91C18D5876862373&index=5
youtube.com/watch?v=kSfd5i3quHo&list=PL91C18D5876862373&index=6
youtube.com/watch?v=9svdXLVdBTo&list=PL91C18D5876862373&index=7
youtube.com/watch?v=nI8O9BTOSpU&list=PL91C18D5876862373&index=8
youtube.com/watch?v=tNielPjue0Q&index=9&list=PL91C18D5876862373
youtube.com/watch?v=rTMPUXttHIU&index=10&list=PL91C18D5876862373
youtube.com/watch?v=NUW_pip1J5g&index=11&list=PL91C18D5876862373
youtube.com/watch?v=tZo9AActsig&index=12&list=PL91C18D5876862373
youtube.com/watch?v=4-YpK6j0z7c&index=13&list=PL91C18D5876862373
youtube.com/watch?v=VhGV-vATgOg&index=14&list=PL91C18D5876862373
youtube.com/watch?v=NyrbxR9_HXM
youtube.com/watch?v=hPOLQmqNXso
youtube.com/watch?v=LkzC4K2KzYU
youtube.com/watch?v=4URurSgueEY
youtube.com/watch?v=9m-kh3kSoHU
youtu.be/I1XQduS6IfA
youtu.be/9KSGUVcNfZM).
youtube.com/watch?v=FyWEHk2peIU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

the japanese dub made it really edgy story wise

Best character was Bakura.
pip pip cheerio, tea and crumpets old chum.
Why so british?

i watched it... IN AMERICA

Watched all of it as a child. Now years later I've finally learned how to play the game so I've started watching it again, thought I could appreciate it better.
BUT THESE ASSHOLES DON'T PLAY BY THE RULES AT ALL! ONCE! EVER! NOT ONE DUEL HAS BEEN PLAYED BY THE RULES!

Watching this again years later, it's amazing how super obvious the big twist of the final arc was foreshadowed, even from the beginning.

Most people I knew tuned out during the beginning of the third season. I was pretty irate because I didn't find out how battle city ended til years later. I remember it got so big that kids were bringing those portable duel discs to school

Has Little Kuriboh killed himself yet?

I loved that card game when I was a kid

which were completely useless by the way, seeing as you couldn't see what cards the other player was using

Metaphorically. He does let's plays now.

Screw the cartoon, lets talk about the man- I mean comicbook.
Did you know Joey kills Leatherface in it?

Screw the rules, it's just an American cartoon.

With a yo-yo, the most American toy there is.

Or that time Joey beat a Kung-Fu master without using his hands while holding a blade in his mouth?

>that episode where yugi burned a man alive

I tell people the story of this chapter all the time.
Never have i seen someone SO outplayed SO hard.

Tell me about it. I haven't read that story in a while.

>that fucking episode where Yugi shoots the ring off that flying castle thing
It stopped pretending at that point.

mangareader.net/yu-gi-oh/4

quality isn't that great but here

Sorry, I need sleep. Go reread it though, it's incredible.

Wasn't the first time, He trapped a whole gang of teenagers in a labyrinth of fire.

It was never pretending, episode 1 he summons Dark magician without a tribute and Kaiba summons 3 blue-eyes in one turn.
It jumped the shark even before the catapult turtle with "I have my monster attack my own spell card, causing the tide to recede and beach all of your fish monsters, Go Stone Guardian, DESTROY THE MOON!"

I don't know why that castle thing stuck with me then.

Post your last pathetic meme so we can end this, user!

>That episode where Joey would have just flat out beaten Marik singlehandedly with no bullshit or magic if he hadn't passed out
I always wonder what would have happened if he had won.

I love that dude's taunts in the newest phone game, especially with his accent
"Step right up so I can knock ya down!"
"If you're strugglin I can give ya some tips!"
Also when you lose to Kaiba he calls you a sad puppy. Man, so much love was put into the dialogue

Anime duels have always been won by the person who's best at thinking up bullshit ways to cheat. That's why Dark Yugi always wins: He attacks the moon, he cracks the castle's flotation ring, and he shoots monsters at a mirror wall.

That chapter was so fucking baller

>tfw they released a pack of older cards with Joey Wheeler inspired flavor text

>Dark Yugi
Imagine playing UNO with him.

The fact that I can attack someone's life points directly with Dark Magician and I'll hear Dan Green say "GO DARK MAGICIAN, DARK MAGIC ATTACK!" and then hear my opponent scream in defeat, cements that game as the optimal way to play yu-gi-oh that I've been waiting for since i was 10.

I'm glad the game is well received on here, I was afraid to get laughed at for playing a phone game like in dueling network general

No, Yami-Yugi wins because he CHEATS WITH MAGICAL POWERS! In the finally arc Yugi duels Yami, and the girl guarding the millennium items explains that Yami can MAGICALLY CHANGE THE TOP CARD OF HIS DECK! There is, and was never, a heart of the cards, that was all bullshit and Yami's been cheating the whole time.
And I do mean the WHOLE time. The spell has a visual effect, and you see him use it in episode one, and every other he was in after that.

Oh, I wasn't talking about the phone game. I just wanted to mention that the made a series of cards with Brooklyn accented descriptions like pic related.

>talking about a freemium game in a dng thread
You're dumb and stupid

>waahhhh synchrobaby can't have synchroshitters in his yugioh game!

top deck magic is anime only and therefore doesn't count

see
if people wanted to play f2p phone games they wouldn't be in a thread with links to a actually free version of the game

Yeah, I heard they changed the magic shadow blades that send you into the shadow realm into buzzsaws, bizarre!

>freemium game
>a free game
And you actually wonder why people were mocking you in the general?

Anyone else remember that time Yugi thought Tea was a prostitue?

Kaiba may be one of the best rival characters ever created. They couple his seriousness with being an unbelievable dork so well

This isn't some autistic dng thread this is a thread about one of the most American cartoons that ever was.

To be fair that part of the ani...cartoon was adapted from the part of the man...comics done before the rules of the cards game were created.

No. You die. You die yourself with your whore lies. Yugi would never cheat.

YUGI IS PURE! PURE

TIME TO DDDDDDDDDD D DD. D. DD D DDD D D D. DD. D D. D DUEL

Yugioh was fucking awesome

Oh God, I completely forgot Pegasus just flat out forced Keith to shoot himself in the comic. What series do they bring him back again, R?

the original yugi was hardcore

>Cheating in card games became the standard for some MCS
The Future needs saving

>pic
What the fuck?

Do not be alarmed, user.
This is Yuma's 1st cheating form that is arguably balanced.

Same. The comics it was based on were better, though.

card games
on motorcycles

>motorcycles
get a load of this plebian caveman
Hoverboards in VR is where its at

I feel this show has lost it's focus.

Whats with this un-American garbage!

Music to Duel By
youtube.com/watch?v=sw3tq9sHrus&list=PL91C18D5876862373

youtube.com/watch?v=CrajXUw5ezI&index=2&list=PL91C18D5876862373

youtube.com/watch?v=2uudfmLCKb0&list=PL91C18D5876862373&index=3

youtube.com/watch?v=_4M9FLt-4-U&list=PL91C18D5876862373&index=4

youtube.com/watch?v=xsOndG_JgZM&list=PL91C18D5876862373&index=5

youtube.com/watch?v=kSfd5i3quHo&list=PL91C18D5876862373&index=6

youtube.com/watch?v=9svdXLVdBTo&list=PL91C18D5876862373&index=7

youtube.com/watch?v=nI8O9BTOSpU&list=PL91C18D5876862373&index=8

youtube.com/watch?v=tNielPjue0Q&index=9&list=PL91C18D5876862373

youtube.com/watch?v=rTMPUXttHIU&index=10&list=PL91C18D5876862373

youtube.com/watch?v=NUW_pip1J5g&index=11&list=PL91C18D5876862373

youtube.com/watch?v=tZo9AActsig&index=12&list=PL91C18D5876862373

youtube.com/watch?v=4-YpK6j0z7c&index=13&list=PL91C18D5876862373

youtube.com/watch?v=VhGV-vATgOg&index=14&list=PL91C18D5876862373

IM NOT GONNA PANIC

its focus is selling cards for a complete stupid game and showing japanese kiddies theyre favorite celebrity VA playing cardgames as weird haired-nips.
ah so you want english Yugioh?
youtube.com/watch?v=NyrbxR9_HXM
i got you

I want the good Yugioh. The American Yugioh.

>Tasty

ah fuck i forgot to ad that one
youtube.com/watch?v=hPOLQmqNXso

youtube.com/watch?v=LkzC4K2KzYU

He was so entertaining. Like, it's just a card game, relax!

>Those Shadow Boxes in the duel with Lumis and Umbra

>accuse their best friend of prostitution
>follow her
>this happens
Good lord, this is gold

>That episode where Kaiba hacked into duelest kingdom's duel mainframe and helped yugi defeat Ghost Kaiba's blue eyes white dragon by decreasing it's attack points.
youtube.com/watch?v=4URurSgueEY

What is this cheating shit? You can't just modify cards, it's illegal in and out of game!
But still, it makes me respect Kaiba more that he could keep up with literal cheating, without any anchuent egyptian toys

I like his smile.

Didnt Kaiba literally just use money to cheat whenever Yugi used his Egyptian Cheats?
Also Yuma's cheating doesnt stop there and he might be the only one who cheats the least.
youtube.com/watch?v=9m-kh3kSoHU

5D's > GX > DM > Zexal

Both the cartoon and the card game are very popular with black people for some reason

Kaiba had magic destiny bullshit too, just significantly less of it than Yugi.

Joey's the real hero of the series. He's 100% mundane but still manages to give the heavy-hitters a run for their money.

I noticed that too.

By tossing coins and murdering people with yo-yo's.
Truly he should have been the MC

It's a theme in japan, read the legend of koizumi for another example. For them it seems that cheating is a proof of your mastery of a game as long as you don't get caught.

Well if you don't get caught it's not cheating.

A very American mind set

jesus

And two chapters later he played table hockey on a fryer using an ice puck filled with nitroglycerine.

The scene you mentioned actually happened 5 volumes later than the "man on fire" one

He is so american his hand turns into a gun.

I didn't waste my time on a Pokemon knockoff.

I wish I could get back into Yugioh, but the game has changed so much

Am I the only one who thinks that making it less serious is more fitting given the whole thing is cemtred around a children's card game?

youtu.be/I1XQduS6IfA

I'd forgotten about that video.

Kaiba is just as much a special snowflake, not only was he able to summon an Egyptian god, he also beat Ishizu by pretty much saying fuck you to her ability to literally see the future. I also loosely remember his duel disc holograms being able to fight the real magic monsters in the final season

>The lengths he went to at the end of Darkside over the Pharoah.
There's something wrong with you when you successfully do that, all over a card game. I feel like the people making it wanted to see how over the top they could take him.

>Literally everything Kaiba did in Darkside
That movie was so much fucking fun, I have no regrets about going to see it in the cinema. I had the goofiest grin on my face the entire time. Just hearing Kaiba ranting about how he'd fire God for not making reality as well as he would was everything I wanted from a conclusion to the cartoon.

reminder that Joy legitimately beat Yugi in a duel at the end of the Battle City arc.

Not to mention he WOULD have beaten Marik DESPITE his shadow magic and god card, if he hadn't passed out.

Joey really is the best character.

>Seto "stand on the edge of a precipice to force Yugi to concede" kaiba
>not cheating

This CGI is painful. It's like I'm watching Cubix all over again.

Speaking of ArcV, why does it have GX characters appearing in it?

You know he's off the deep end when his actions are on par with a parody (youtu.be/9KSGUVcNfZM).

Fuck yeah
abridged marik and bakura is how i knew i was gay

Hey guys, did you ever watch this american cartoon show for boys when you were younger? Showron is a really good protagonist

youtube.com/watch?v=FyWEHk2peIU

What i dont get is why they only introduce him in the eight episode, and before we had to deal with this stupid little girl

The Krillin of the series able to keep pace almost thru the entire thing.

When does Joey get the redeemed Evil Chick to fug and be wealthy with.

Weebs should be dragged into the street and shot

IT'S TIME TO DU-DU-DU-DU-DUEL