Can we talk about Jean?

Can we talk about Jean?

So, you can argue she was really never a main character. Xavier, Wolverine or Cyclops would be the main 3. Jean was always a side character and love interest. Granted she got a famous story arc in the 80's and in the 90's she (or her clone since it's been retconed so many times) married Scott then she died. She was gone for 15 years or so, and the only person who remembered her was Scott.

So, I ask how the fuck is she the "main" X-Man now? She hasn't done anything AND there are much better options who have more stories tied to them.

She was even less than that.
IN THE BEGINNING ... there was Scott as the main character of X-Men, and his love interest, Jean ...
Then came her most iconic story: The Phoenix Saga. Demigod possession.
And she hasn't been more than a shadow of her former self after that. Maddie Prior was made to replace her ... both as meta and not ...
The real deal Jean came back (in canon) not entirely herself, and was forevermore defined by her traumatic Phoenix experience.
Even her relationship with Cyclops was never the same after the Phoenix.
So it can honestly be said that there's never been a fully fledged Jean character before.
This O5 time-copy is from back when she was the firebrand redhead teenage superhero that never even knew the Phoenix was coming until it was too late.
She's a very different person from the other.

what the fuck? she's always been a main character. she was in the original five.

Being in the O5 carries only so much weight.
Would you say that Angel was a main character?
Bobby was comedy relief. That much was obvious.
And Hank was so entirely not an X-Men main that he became an Avenger.

>So, I ask how the fuck is she the "main" X-Man now?

Vagina

>giving a shit anything that happens before giant size #1

Scott and arguably Beast are the only ones who had any meaningful character arcs at the time. The others were firmly stationed into the roles they were given. Bobby the comic relief, Warren the pretty boy and Jean the girl.

Butt there are many more vaginas to choose from in the X-Men. There has to be more reason for why Jean is getting this much focus. Perhaps someone in editorial waifus her.

You realize Jean was always in background right? She was rarely ever really involved in a story aside from Phoenix.

So, what justifies her leading the charge when she never did anything other than Phoenix the last 40 years? Why out of all the mutant did they say...YEAH WE NEED JEAN, THE READERS WANT MORE JEAN!

she was THE main character. xavier's favorite student, the one most of the drama revolved around, the one who got the major story arcs,
meanwhile scott was just 'the boyfriend'

Because they made too many new shitty black female characters and had to push Storm to the sidlines.

>I've never read volume 1 of the X-Men but let me tell you all about it anyway

You may or may not like her but you can't fucking say Jean Grey is not a main character among the X-Men

>She was gone for 15 years or so, and the only person who remembered her was Scott.
Yeah it's not like they opened a freaking school in her name

Because a game of thrones actor played her in the movie? I honestly don't know, just spitballin

Sure, Marvel.

>IN THE BEGINNING ... there was Scott as the main character of X-Men, and his love interest, Jean ...
Kek this is not true. Scott was not the main character, there wasn't a main character and IF there was it was Xavier, the real leader at the time.

I blame the movies DESU. If Wolverine didn't love her in every fucking movie, no one would care about her.

Blame the comics then because that is what Wolverine does, besides being amnesiac and a savage.

He doesn't scream about her or dream about her every single minute of the comics.

No, he just opens schools in her name and keeps pieces of her hair after she died.

Sure.

JEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAN!

The comics are only like that because Grant Morrison never read X-Men comics and relaunched the franchise by making it exactly like the movies.

, That's a relatively recent development.
Claremont considered the relationship triangle finished before the 1980's were even halfway began, and every time it was brought up again it was by a new "writer" like Jim Lee who rehashed old storylines, and even then rarely got anywhere with it in favor of different plotlines.

No, Logan's full-blown obsession with Jean is roughly 17 years old real-time, just like everything else wrong and terrible with Marvel's actual comics divisional today and started around that same time too.

she's only a 'main character' cause all the writers just want to fuck her

>17 years old real-time, just like everything else wrong and terrible with Marvel's actual comics divisional today and started around that same time too.

the shit part of this it means that aside from some rare good outliers that tend to get canceled right away, I basically got into Marvel just as the incredibly vast majority of the shit they did is creatively stagnant and awful.

But... his comics came before the movies, shitposter-kun.

Yeah because before Morrison became the writer Wolverine never showed any interest in Jean. He didn't care for her on the 90's show either.

Nigga please.

Claremont is the biggest Logan/Jean shipper out there, what are you talking about. He retroactively make it more than just a crush on Logan's part in those Classic X-men backstories and writes them as a couple in every alternate future stories.

That Jean in OP is BEST Jean.

It was a one sided crush that fizzled out during the 70s, when Mariko was introduced as Logan's love interest. It occurred in the show because they ripped stories from all over the X-Men history and put them in a totally new order. It then happened in the movies because everything has to revolve around Wolverine.

This occurred in the late 1980s though. He stopped writing the X -Men before he revisited their relationship in the main series.

So full of shit, Morrison's run is nothing like the movies besides some superficial elements (mainly the leather on the uniforms).

also here's two of my statues of BEST Jean

>It then happened in the movies because everything has to revolve around Wolverine.
This bothers me a fair bit and not for the obvious reasons.
We got less of the original Scott they had, a casting choice I enjoyed and now I doubt we'll ever actually get to see him shine, what with the current movies having that kid from Apocalypse.

Were's the hot glue?

They should have made an X Factor movie with the original actors for Scott, Jean, Bobby, Hank and Warren instead of the shitty Apocalypse movie we got.

I don't hot glue my statues especially ones that are 100+ price

No they didn't. Morrison's run came just a year after the first film.

I'd watch the fuck out of that, proper leader Cyke, bitch-face Jean, Frasier, cute teen Bobby and "all I did is pull out my wings and save my dad" Warren.

Apocalypse is the only X-Men movie they've made that I can safely say I dislike.
It felt very disjointed, I don't get what happened.

the casting before the reboot was far better. I can't complain about the new Xavier or Magneto but the rest are terrible when compared to the origional cast

even Origins and X3? I think those were worse

It happened in the comics, it happened in the show. It was obviously going to happen in the movies. How could it not to, the Scott-Jean-Wolverine drama is one of the most well known elements of the X-Men.

I quite like new Xavier and Magneto, along with Beast but that may just be from enjoying his actor in other things.

I hear new Jean's actor is from Game Of Thrones and that instantly turns me off from them.
It's not even that I dislike the show as I haven't watched it, it just seems that everyone seems to go from that to mediocre roles in things.
Fucking Iron Fist.

X3 could have been better, but overall I enjoyed it.
Origins I particularly like.
Everything's pretty clear, there's decent fight scenes.
Apocalypse felt like it was trying to get by on special effects and Xavier/Magneto.

You only think that because it happened in the movies.

>Beast
Fraiser Beast was FAR better

I completely agree, just saying I can enjoy this Beast too.
A damn shame he didn't get more action.

And every other media. Even video games

Anyone wish that the Jim Lee that designed the X-Men could have been the Jim Lee that designed New 52? Cause hot damn that's a great costume.

The pockets/leg protectors were a neat touch.
Ensures there's not too much empty space.

What's that second one? Who's the maker?

Not like I can blame Logan for wanting the busty redhead

Ultimate jean is my waifu

Shut the fuck up, Donnie.

the one on left is made by Bowen Designs and the larger one on right is by Sideshow Collectibles. I got the exclusive ver which comes with the extra head in the middle which is her during 90's cartoon.