How do Kryptonians fly?

How do Kryptonians fly?

low level telekinesis, same way they lift large things without them collapsing

Numerous explanations, but none of them stick.
They just fly because Superman DID and they were created almost sixty years before the pseudorealism fad of the 90's and 00's showed up in comics, and by the time it did they were characters so well established that four entire generations had been born since his creation.

It can't be explained because it's literally impossible. You just have to accept that he flies and no science currently known can explain it.

Think of it as the whole "sufficiently advanced technology would seem indistinguishable from magic" or whatever it is.

That hasn't been canon for a very long time.

Gravity manipulation that only effects themselves and things they touch.

They don't, they're not real.

Tactile telekinesis.

Yes they are, here's a picture of one, and he's flying.

Man of Steel kinda had that, didn't it? Like when Clark crouches down for a take-off some pebbles shake and float a bit.

they throw themself at the ground and miss

A lot of versions do. Manipulating his own gravitational field is also used as a partial reason for his invulnerability a lot. It's why his suit doesn't tear, his invulnerability extends a centimeter or so out from his skin.

>Manipulating his own gravitational field is also used as a partial reason for his invulnerability a lot.
I love these pseudo-scientific "explanations" that in reality amount to nothing more than "It's Kryptonianforce, I ain't gotta explain shit."

"his own gravitational field", feh. Even your fat momma doesn't have that sort of gravitational field.

Literally everything has a gravitational field. He can just make his stronger and control how it interacts with others.

It works! Just don't think about it.

>Trying to use his 6th grade grasp of Newtonian Physics to explain Supermagicman.
It's like I'm talking to a real DC writer.

Yeah but you know what he meant*

*HOW does he make his gravitational field stronger?

Can you not tell at first glance that physics work differently in the DC universe?

That's were it gets silly, kryptonians have an internal organ that does it.

"Physics" in the DC universe work exactly like they do in the Warner Brothers tooniverse.

The explanation is always "Because they writer wants it that way."

True but that's the reason anything does anything in any story. I'm just giving you the in-universe reason.

Still not as dumb as the Speed Force.

"How do you run at near the speed of light without combusting Earth's atmosphere and setting literally everything on fire?"

"MAGIC"

Superman can see through solid stone at hundreds of thousands of miles' distance, and can hear individual Lois squeaks on the opposite side of the planet.

That's easily as goofy as Flash's ignorant powers. DC has to write up goofball explanations for their Toonforce powers because Superstrongman can't just be super-strong, he has to be able to hurl the Moon.

I appreciate the straightforwardness of the Speed Force. It crams all of the Flash's bullshit powers into a single piece of ridiculousness and dares you to take it at face value.

The speed force does 3 things:
>Lets you go superfast
>Gives you kinetic energy to fuel yourself going fast
>Counteracts the law of equal and opposite reaction
all of these can be used to a variable degree depending on you're skill at using it.

And then his villains have to be able to chuck the Moon, more or less, and then his associated heroes have to be at various stages of celestial body-chucking for purposes of mistaken fist-fights, and it culminates with his normie genius enemies building little power suits that can effectively grab the Moon and toss it.

Which is where you end up with DC, erry time.
Suddenly Cheetah can get the jump on guys who think in Attoseconds, and scientists can build gym sets that measure lift capacity in "Earths".

Why DC does this stupid shit every reboot I have no idea.

supermanboobs

Only person who knows is the guy who pumps up the Batmobile's tires[./spoiler]

Alfred does that or Bruce himself or he gets one of his Robins to do it

Something something vibration something

yes, when Zod started to fly he threw down the gauntlet from his armor and it started floating in place.

Okay, yeah he can fly.

But how does Superman fly faster?

Super farting. Propels them like rockets. Silent but deadly rockets.

He jumps so good that he can stay in the air indefinitely

Concentration.

It's actually the same as in DBZ: he's propelling himself with his chi. Chi is a real thing in the DC universe.

Originally Superman couldn't fly, just jump good. Remember, the line was jump over a building in a single bound.

This is really the stupidest example he could have used. It's obviously going to be either Alfred or Bruce.

It's Harold. A better question would be who cleans up the wreckage of crashed batmobiles and takes it back to the batcave

jesus shit i just saw a face in that picture

They stretch out their arms in front of them and take off towards the sky.

There's one scan explaining that when Superman flies, he's actually bending spacetime to do so.