ITT

ITT

Comics on recommended Sup Forums lists that are shit.

>shit
How so?

I enjoyed it.

Art was garbage. Only real reason it's on a list is because it might be the ONLY police procedural comic out there.

shit taste

> people on Sup Forums who have confirmed shit taste
OP

The arts great. It's suits a noire cop story perfectly.

>Art was garbage
I bet you like Alex Ross and Jim Lee

Anything Marvel post 2010.

I'd mostly agree but Vision was really good

The rule is there can be one good marvel book a year similar to how deadpool and Hawkeye each had a really good year each since 2010. Last year was vision and this year will probably be another book written by a DC writer.

Gotham central was great, you just have shit taste

ITT user's shit taste

One thing I never understood was why exactly Montoya beating up Corrigan in a bar while off-duty made him "untouchable" by the MCU and Internal Affairs even though they had a mountain of evidence against him. All the beating would do is render his confession to selling a bullet from a crime scene on eBay inadmissible, wouldn't affect anything else, especially since Montoya had nothing to do with the investigation into Corrigan's corruption herself.

Everything,. I have not read one comic that Sup Forums hyped up that wasn't either a major disappointment or straight up shit.

It was okay, but certainly not "really good" and not the one thing anyone should signal out. Fury My War Gone by or even X-Men Legacy are better.

Do you like the recent Moon Knight runs user?

It may cop lots of shit now, but Sup Forums loved Fraction's Hawkeye in the early days.

bro

The series had a very poor understanding about the law in general.

Why did they have to name that guy Jim Corrigan? That shit pissed me off.

To make you think he would become the Spectre only to pull a fast one on you.

>only police procedural comic
Wow, so casual.

>It was okay, but certainly not "really good"
Wrong, it has far more subtext than a casual on Sup Forums could appreciate.
>Fury My War Gone by or even X-Men Legacy are better.
Not even close.

>ONLY police procedural comic out there
come on, even casuals know about Powers

Also, Gotham Central is great

It has 0 subtly and spells everything out for you. King also admitted to trying hard to "shock" readers with twists and end issues in such a way that they'd be anxious to read the next one. Which is pretty pleb, "omg THE TWEEST" style writing is casual bait.

don't worry, there's always anime for you!

Rucka's Punisher.

I don't understand why everyone eats this garbage up. It's not even bad enough to be entertaining, it's just plain bad.

Powers is godawful though.

>ONLY police procedural comic out there.
>no one cares about Sam and Twitch comics
Go fuck yourselves. It's the best thing to come out of shitfest that is Spawn.

meh, it was ok for it's time. Bendis was still good back then

>omg THE TWEEST" style writing is casual bait.
You would know that's how a lot of Greek literature/Shakespeare plays were structured like but you're a fucking casual that wouldn't know anything like that.

I'll take Texhnolyze, Casshern Sins, Paranoia Agent or Mononoke over Gotham Central, Superior Foes, Y The Last Man, Hawkeye, Ms. Marvel or some old capeshit.

>I'll take complete garbage over complete garbage
Okay.

Bendis was never good. Powers has the most blatant example of bendis speak ever. And Oeming is trash.

You know what you listed are meme books, you're trying so fucking hard.

Nah. Warren Ellis has been phoning it in, ever since his hard drive crashed.

It's just a rule of cool book. And yeah it is very much phoned in and is too much Ellisy but it's still inoffensive.

>you just didn't get it.
Next stop Chris Ware.

Which artists do you even like? Frank Cho and Jim Lee?

Hahahaha

Uber.
Boring alternate history gorefest with terrible characters.
Sup Forums has the gall to badmouth Crossed for being "edgy" while praising that garbage.

Not an argument.

Actually he has a point. Shakespearean tragedies were structured in a similar format where there was a clean separation between acts in terms of tone and narrative flow. King probably took from that method of storytelling.

Yep, I only noticed that in my second read through. I know casuals memed hard how Vision was Shakespearean tragedy so I went in looking to see if there were some correlation. Turns out Vision follows closely the structure used in Shakespeare's writing which in itself was inspired by Aristotle's Dramatic Theory. Casual user need to use his head and look up Freytag's pyramid.
I might end up writing about the similarities of Vision to that of Dramatic Theory/Shakespearean Tragedy narrative structure/Freytag's interpretation of both in future. The similarities goes deeper than the superficial level.

Looks like another "OP is a faggot with shit taste" episode.

I don't know what's funnier, the fact that you think blatantly referencing Shakespeare is sophisticated or the fact that you think Shakespeare isn't casual.

>blatantly referencing Shakespeare is sophisticated
That's the assertion you've come to is the funniest.
>it's always about the text
>lol the text is so blatant
>subtext, what the fuck is that?

So King paying attention in his amateur writing classes makes Vision some sort of masterpiece of the medium?

Don't argue with the game of thrones generation, dude. He thinks characters spelling out their intentions is "subtext".

That wasn't my main problem, but both Vision and Omega Men have a lot of flaws. Structure is King's strongest suit, but he lacks a lot in other departments. Both are still good though.

These trips are wasted on (You). Do tell me which contemporary writers are paying attention to amateur writing classes user. Also I never said Vision was a masterpiece and when people from Will Eisner to Giraud to Robert Crumb have worked on this medium, it's almost impossible to create a masterpiece.
>He thinks characters spelling out their intentions is "subtext".
Elaborate.

>Warren Ellis has been phoning it in, ever since his hard drive crashed.
Huh?

You first, OP.

Kind of. King legitimately makes better use and has a better understanding of story structure than most current writers and that, along with his willingness to actually use themes, makes him better than most modern writers. It's simple, a comic with a little thought put into it is better than a comic with no thought put into it.

And Vision has the perfect artist for the story being told, not sure why Sup Forums only talks about King when discussing Vision.

Because people only discuss and notice artistic storytelling when there's few words to drive it.

Also, because Vision gets overshadowed in the art stortelling by Omega Men.

Honestly Walta was a fucking beast for this kind of story. It very much gives a sense of stage play/low budget Television with the aesthetics he used. The book largely takes place in a house and very much dialogue driven and Walta still delivered structured and interesting scene composition. If Marvel doesn't use him better I really would like him to go to DC and teamup with King again.

Not shit but Essex County is severely overrated here, imo.

this so fuckin much

Every BKV comic hooks me with it's premise then losses me just as fast. I only got to the part where Yorrick meets the house of female prisoners that save him from the crazy cult his sister joined

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you The Man With No Taste!

But did you get them feels bro?

Shit taste detected

>Every BKV comic hooks me with it's premise then losses me
Agreed. Saga hasn't quite lost me yet but boy its trying to.