40 years of a legacy ruined.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=T5OnOTMJRhQ
youtube.com/watch?v=F9Mdb_c7AxM
youtube.com/watch?v=RDZZDmEyKIM
youtube.com/watch?v=O_i9fOrlOGo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

FUCK

Back to bumming cigarette butts out of trash cans and bitching about Trump on twitter.

youtube.com/watch?v=T5OnOTMJRhQ

How do you fucking destroy the character of Luke Skywalker lmao

Actually sad

youtube.com/watch?v=F9Mdb_c7AxM

Damn! I hate this fucking movie. FUCK DISNEY!!!

nerds BTFO

Luke was my childhood hero, who after waiting my whole life to see him on the big screen, they decided to turned him into coward and angry foolish old man with questionable actual power.

How could they do this

WE WON'T STOP UNTIL WE CONTROL HOOVER DAM

I can only imagine the writers were Han Solo fans who wished he was the protagonist of the OT and never bothered to pay much attention to Luke's actual characterization or story arc.

luke got JUST and mark got UNJUST, some moneypaw shit

rip

Ruining a legacy makes you wish for a nuclear winter

back to shill communism I guess.

JUST

Luke is a legend, a master. Dies projecting force for ~30 min.

youtube.com/watch?v=RDZZDmEyKIM

Patriarchal tradition and religious faith? Not acceptable anymore, shitlord.

>get rights to Star Wars movies
>Mark Hamill is excited and gets in shape and looks fucking great
>everyone excited as fuck for new Luke
>lol I know let's have Luke Skywalker die

I haven't seen the movie yet but this shit looks like the exact kind of whiny neckbeard shit that everyone is saying the criticism is.

>Cigars, cigars, I smoke thousands, I usually deal in Sunland.
>But you have to take care when you're getting them there or some asshole might step on your hand
He's turned into Burlington Bertie

What did he die for?

nah, shits just boring man. I cant relate or even fucking care about any of these new characters. Story is also shit

Trump curse is real.

this

BRUH LOOK AT THIS DUDE

>I haven't seen the movie yet
Then your opinion is immediately disregarded. You're probably some 17 year old flabby fuck anyway, neck yourself.

I love how Luke throws away his saber, because he knows the moment he refuses the Emperor he's going to die, but he'll die a Jedi on his own terms. Really little things like that which make the OT so god-damned good.

I haven't seen it, mainly because I don't want to see my childhood hero die.

That's eerily insightful, user.

Killing Han Solo makes sense, Harrison wants to go crash planes and he's done with acting. Luke makes no sense, Hamill loves playing Luke and they shit all over the character. I wouldn't be surprised if a Disney exec insisted on it after Hamill's comments on Force Awakens.

>Hey there Mark we know your 63 but can you do an intense work out and diet and get extremely fit and follow our stylists advice so you can look at the camera in one movie and be killed in the next? ok thanks

>doing GOMAD

Let's not kid ourselves. This is Sup Forums and over half the people bitching about anything haven't even watched what they're bitching about.

I loved the new movie but this was bullshit.

How much you wanna bet Jar Jar Abraham’s bring him back because of the backlash it’s received

Didn't we cover this? Spoilers say Luke dies just fending off the same guy Rey beat in the first movie. Therefore Rey>Luke. Why the fuck would I want to watch that shit?

I wouldn't be surprised. But at this point the whole thing is such a shitshow, I think a lot of people are just going to throw their hands up in the air and be done with it.

That's not how he dies though

mfw millenials are not allowed to have that feeling where if you believe enough the force is in you

unless you have the superpower of being black or a coming of age woman on a planet ruled by men

Awww I guess he'll have to go back to being the most popular Batman villain of all time

His death is garbage to what the character actually deserves.

an hologram

rip luke
rip star wars
rip mark hamill's joy and optimism
youtube.com/watch?v=O_i9fOrlOGo

liked and subbed

Mark Hamill deserves it. He's a fucking cuck and refused to speak out while his character was ruined just so a mary sue could replace him without actually needing him.

THE FORCE IS FEMALE. What do you shitlords not understand about that, it means that it's okay to kill your father (Han Sol) and symbolically smash the patriarchy and destroy a representation of your history and lineage, but hurting women (Princess Leia) is the worst thing you can ever do because the future is female. Fucking manbabies I'm literally shaking right now and my 2 year old democrat voting niece is super upset because of systemic oppression from Stars War fans, and you fucking come in here with this shit?

Check Your Privilege.

>franchise metaphorically dies with Luke's physical death

pottery

I hope that the nigger kills Rey and Kylo Ren rules the galaxy with an iron fist for the next 100 years.

That was awful beyond belief. Is this what the diehards felt like in 1998?

It would be the only way to save this at this point

that was the point though, ruin the legacy of a strong white male character. Its what they do to all of our popular culture and real life heros. They do it so we have no role models to look up to.

Rian said Luke was his favorite character.
Obviously he lied, though.

this shit is as bad as those people who compare Voldemort to Trump. Stop trying to make fantasy media political.

I don't get the whining over this, I thought the movie made a horribly bland character a whole lot more interesting.

Is a that the reddit logo behind them

What was the point of all the HAHA YOU DIDN'T EVEN KILL ME astral projection bullshit if he's just gonna keel over and evaporate a minute later anyway?

It's not that they killed him off, it's that they undid his entire character arc from the OT by turning him into an impulsive coward, undid all of his accomplishments, and he died for no apparent reason.
At least Han got a pretty appropriate send-off, basically acting like Han the whole time, indicating that he had lived some kind of life in the past 30 years (having a kid with Leia, losing the kid, breaking up, having the Falcon stolen and going back to his old seedy ways, pissing people off), getting to go on one last big adventure, and then dying in an act of selflessness, showing he had come full circle from the selfish pirate he was in Ep IV. Luke got none of that.

The force is fucked

Good point. Very meta.

Wouldn't it have just made more sense to summon lightning bolts and destroy the walkers? Yoda was a ghost and able to do it. Luke should have been able to call down an asteroid.

You expect him to overtly shit on the Mouse? Even Lucas isn't doing that. Mark signed up when George was still attached and wanted to do movies with his friends again, you gotta feel bad for the guy.

The Katarn series was fantastic..
Ahh the good ol’days..

>"Im a jedi, like my father before me"
>tries to kill kylo as a child

like father like son

The filmmakers are making it political talking about all the great diverse representation they're putting into Star Wars. You don't think "The Force is Female" is a fucking agenda-driven statement?

It just feels cheap. Like now we get to the impact of killing Luke twice AND throw in a twist all to end up at the same spot.

Fuck Disney, EU is canon, and Luke is the hero we always knew he was with a smoking hot redhead wife who is infinitely more interesting of a character than Rey.

was Yoda the one that did that? I thought it was an act of nature

;_;

Why did they even have to kill him. There's literally 3 sacrifices in the last Jedi

Actually 4. Roses sister, holdo, rose and Luke

Wow. when young Hamill looks at the sunset. Damn. Didnt think Id care but I do. Sad!

Rose didn't die.

Fuck jewish people so much man

I really don’t understand these shirts. It’s well established that the force resides in all living things and isn’t a tangible thing with a gender

Why the fuck did they turn him into such a reclusive coward? Why did he think Kylo couldn't be redeemed after he redeemed fucking DARTH VADER? Christ, they didn't even watch the original trilogy.

rose's sister was barely a character

It's still a sacrifice. Which kind of ruins the power of them later on when that's their only go to

does the rest of the rebels count as a sacrifice too

The lengths he'll go to in order to get blue milk...

They completely butchered his character. He refuses to help even after hearing that Han died. Fuck even Vegeta fused with Goku after hearing that his family died.

They completely ruined him. Mark was giving us hints all throughout too.

I legit feel bad for Hamill. He seems like the only cast member to have cared about Star Wars and they give him this treatment. And for what? To get credit for killing Luke. What. The. Fuck.

He loved the fans and read the books

And it shows. He knows we love him and loves his fans back. Was it too much to ask for an actually lightsaber battle from Luke? Just ONE in this neo trilogy?

They would have made Luke lose to make Kylo look like an actual threat. The projection thing was to make both sides happy, but it failed miserably.

It's sad because I feel like he really didn't want to have his character like that. But he had no say and couldn't back out after the first

the can bring him back in 9 like Gandalf.

He teleported into the force but he's still young and healthy. Obi Wan was much older and beat up.

The movie was hot garbage.

they can never kill bigger luke.
he was a good friend,

Trump is a stupid retard whose curse is on all of America. Begone poltard.

>Original trilogy Luke
>Willing to give his father a chance of redemption and risked his own life so he could turn him back despite the horrible things he's done
>Sequel trilogy Luke
>Considered killing his own nephew for being lured to the dark side and saw no chance of redemption

Dont you guys get it? Luke now is that little kid at the end who used the force
its like poetry

F

Goodnight sweet prince, may you rest with the same peace and joy you brought to me as a child

I'm honestly surprised they didn't show a woman being beat and then discovering the force in order to defend herself from the patriarchy.

They're saving that for the next movie.

So the same person who's able to believe in the goodness of a genocidal monster who tormented him for three straight movies wants to kill his innocent nephew because he thinks he'll turn to the dark side?
Good stuff Rian

>They're saving that for the next movie.
I thought that one was going to be Solo and Lando going gay for each other?

so much this

FORTY YEARS FOR NOTHING.

LUKE'S ENTIRE CHARACTER IS MEANINGLESS.

ALL THAT PAIN, ALL THAT STRUGGLE. IT WAS ALL FOR NO REASON.

YODA TAUGHT HIM WRONG AS A JOKE BUT DON'T WORRY REY WILL CARRY ON THE REAL JEDI LEGACY LUKE!

YOU CAN JUST DIE NOW! OR RUN OUT BATTERIES WHATEVER! WE ONLY NEEDED YOU TO GIVE THE FILMS A LITTLE CREDIBILITY!

NOW GO JOIN HARRISON FORD IN THE FUCKING PASTURE WITH THE OTHER OLD HASBEENS.

JESUS CHRIST.