What the fuck has been going on with kisscartoon lately?

What the fuck has been going on with kisscartoon lately?

Why are the ads getting so fucking obnoxious?
Why is the URL changing every few weeks and the old URL warns me not to use the new one?

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/KissCartoon/comments/61hrms/psa_kisscartoonio_might_give_you_rootkits/
malwarebytes.com/antirootkit/
pcworld.com/article/210589/free_versus_fee_free_and_paid_antivirus_programs_compared.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's not the real website. The real kisscartoons is down. The subreddit goes into it somewhere.

This website is a fake
the original .me website is down
it even has a warning up to not go to .io

Go to the kisscartoon subreddit. The site you're on is fake, and most likely gave you a rootkit. The sub has a good guide for how to remove it. Also 9cartoon is the best alternative for now.

Will .me ever come back?
i have to rewatch so many cartoons and i don't want to go on other sites
i'm a creature of habit

>streaming

I've downloaded too many cartoons user
I don't have enough HDD space for more

Why don't you guys just use torrents?

So buy more hard drives, Einstein

>its actually fake and the warning was real
o-oh fuck

I've been waiting for a good sale on like a 3+ TB HDD

I actually have a 3TB external thats got some space left but I can't find the power cable, I've been tempted to just take it out of the case and slap it in my computer, but I need to look into whether or not its safe to do that without risking losing the files that are already on it

companies can spy legally on your pc in my country and sue you to pay 300$ and more when you download movies
not gonna take the risk when streaming is legal and as good as downloading

well shit. It's the only way I could get Samurai Jack because the legit stream is "not available in your country."
And yeah holy shit clickjacking everywhere, so I run the browser in a sandbox and wipe it when I'm done.

I can't afford a $120/month teevee package to get three shows I actually want to watch, so hey, fuck you.
Unless you'd shitting on me for not waiting for the DVD set to come out in a few years, in which case okay yeah I'm too impatient to wait two years (if it comes out at all). Knowing my luck it would be only available in iTunes or some other shit-for-rich-people exclusive.

Is kimcartoon safe?

You can just download 1080p Jack episodes that are uploaded fast.

what the hell is a rootkit? i've been on the fake site several times

>Wasting time on a 24-minute episode reorganising disk space and hunting down clean torrents, the quality of which you likely cannot confirm until you've actually started downloading it.
>Trying to find decent torrents of anything made before the past decade.
>When streaming players and Internet connections have gotten to a level of speed and quality where anyone not living in a third world country can have an equally serviceable experience.

you're fucked user

don't fuck with me

just please tell me what it is or what reddit thread talks about it

What comic sites are safe? Is readcomiconline okay or am I fucked?

>using kisscartoon
>ever

this site is full of plebs

>Will .me ever come back?
Kiss Cartoon will be closed, forever, due to the Digital Millennia Copyright Act. The new site authorized by Kiss Cartoon is KimCartoon. The site will not be linked for various reasons but as stated once more, KimCartoon is the new site. This is why there has been no news about Kiss Cartoon and for that, we sincerely apologize for.

Its also full of cartoons
More cartoons than any other streaming website has ever had

those are some small hard drives, but I like the naming

When someone takes control of your PC without being detected.

how is streaming not downloading?
I'm feeding the download into a player as i get packages, with a big of lead-time in a buffer.

When you say "download" do you mean something more? Be clear.

what's the likelihood of that happening on windows 10? would the built in windows defender be able to detect that?

fuck

I download through Mega. What more can I say?

>Windows Defender
Hah!

Emphasis on "might". If you use an antivirus and check your computer with Malwarebytes, you should be OK.

Here's the reddit thread:
reddit.com/r/KissCartoon/comments/61hrms/psa_kisscartoonio_might_give_you_rootkits/

Most likely they are just panicking, haven't seen problems from that particular site.

I don't know, Might as well reset your PC if worried.
And next time don't go to fishy streaming sites.

one time i had one of those google chrome popups that wouldnt let me close out so i shut down my computer. does that sound like a rootkit? do you have to pay for malwarebytes?

Oh, well I run a greasemonkey script that blocks the adblocker blocker (^:
So I should be fine right?
Is there really any reason not to just keep watching my cartoons on kisscartoon if they can't get me with their ads?

Chrome is terrible for popups.

I thought the younger generations were supposed to know how to use computers? But most of you people are worse than my dad.

Call me an old geezer, but I'm happy as fuck not having to worry about this shit because I have DirecTV Now and just satellite television.

Fuck this shit, pirating ain't worth it anymore.

how do you detect a rootkit?
weird pop ups or is it totally invisible?

I use Mega too. When I can find caches of the cartoons I'm looking for, and those caches are still there. I've been through three links for Steven Universe toons -- now I watch Sup Forums to see if someone posts a link in a SU thread.

I wanted to watch Motorcity (hadn't seen it before this year) and it's "not available in your country" and there's no DVDs. and it's not like there's a "search" button on Mega. So I used kisscartoon(.)io, used protection, and watched it over a couple weeks. In the second week is when the clickjacking included the REALLY LOUD tags, but I could tell they were fucking with me because they kept saying shit based on geoIP like "computers in Liverpool are getting infected click here to clean your machine". I admit it's work to keep shifting to protect myself from that shit, but it's less work than the days it could take me to find a Mega folder with Motorcity episodes.

people are told that windows 10 and google chrome are virus condoms

Pirating is the easiest thing to do for anyone who isn't completely retarded.

Just use Opera on Linux

>But most of you people are worse than my dad.
i'm your dad my son
so please tell me ...can i send an email on sunday?

What are non virus condoms?

Pirating works only if there are buyfags to mooch off of. Trying to shame the buyfags is literally biting the hand that feeds you.

see

why would you need a non virus condom?

No, you have to fax.

I prefer to buy my cartoons because its nice to have them on a shelf, and some day we won't be able to freely download whatever we want anymore, so I'm not risking losing the things I love just because I got cocky

I only answer telegrams

>Kiss Cartoon will be closed, forever, due to a piece of legislation passed more than a decade before the site existed
boy i'm sure glad they finally noticed that one

They probably got a takedown notice and decided it wasn't worth it

Cartoons are great, but they're not worth going to jail for

kek

plent sites choose to stand their ground and claim linking stuff is legal. Isohunt did that but they ran out of money to fight in court

>thats where you're wrong kiddo

surely they had to have known about it going it though, it's not some brand new change to copyright law
>i'm going to start a streaming site while ignoring one of the most significant pieces of IP legislation in the past fifty years

It's safe to do that. All that's on the inside is a HDD and a small board that converts SATA to USB. It should be a less than five minute job.

>sitting around to wait to download something I only plan to watch once, rather than just click watch and be done with it

malwarebytes.com/antirootkit/

so use this right? anything on top of it? the only protection i have is windows defender and someone laughed at it

Yeah, I've done it before, but only with external HDDs with broken cases.

What I'm mostly worried about is having to format it before my computer will recognize it
I can't use it anyway since I lost the power cable, but I've got a lot of old stuff on there I don't want to lose

>the only protection i have is windows defender

>the only protection i have is windows defender and someone laughed at it
thats like having sex with charlie sheen and only wrapping toilet paper around your dick ...

>the only protection i have is windows defender and someone laughed at it
user the internet is a scary place

it's windows 10 if that makes it better

The whole point of a rootkit is to inject itself into a normal process in your computer to avoid detection.

Your antivirus software has anti-rootkit tools, but relying 100% on your anti-virus for protection is a poor choice. Malware development is always going to be one step ahead of your antivirus software.

Your best defense is to get educated and be web savvy. And if that's too hard, just store your important files on a separate partition and reload Windows every so often.

but i can't back up my data with a rootkit in it can i? won't that just be saving the rootkit?

If I used Norton should I be good?

>The telegram has a rootkit

>Norton
what the fuck even is this thread

Why is everyone on Sup Forums suddenly computer illiterate?

that better be trolling

The rootkit injects itself into the Windows process. The only way you would backup the rootkit would be if you also backed up the infected file. If you got it from browsing a website that file would be in your temporary internet files folder. So just don't back that folder. Which, you have to actuallly go looking for the folder in your hidden items, so you're good.

>antivirus means "computer illiterate"
wat

but doesnt an external hard drive back everything? how can prevent backing the temporary files?

back in my days programms where zeros and ones
and if you found a two you knew you had malware

worse actually windows 10 is terrible

>not Croooow!
end yourself

Missed opportunity for April Fools.
We should have been Sup Forumsg/

now i know someones trolling i hope so anyway

Here's the secret about antiviruses.

They're all the same. They all do jackshit.

Look at it this way, you get an antivirus so you don't have to worry about viruses taking up your resources on your computer, changing your homepage, changing your search engine defaults, spying on you, and displaying ads.

Well, guess what 98% of antivirus programs do?

Windows Defender might not be the best one out there, but at least it has a relatively small footprint, shuts the hell up, and doesn't change your homepage and shit to Bing and give you "safe search results."

>can you imagine the tears

SHIT! THE EARWORM!

Actually I think your microprocessor evolved into a quantum computer. Seek a physicist.

yes it does. If you run Norton you are most definitely computer illiterate.

>and just because i visited kisscartoon.io ones

>It was a singing telegram. I can't get it to shut up and now 10 more singers just popped up.

I did that for a bit but it looked kind of silly after a while so I just renamed it Crow

If it makes you feel any better I have a 250GB thumbdrive named Gypsy as well

super

i just wanted to watch wander over yonder again. i dont shit about computers

unless it's a 0 and a 1 at the same time, don't talk to me

You're fucking wrong tho.

pcworld.com/article/210589/free_versus_fee_free_and_paid_antivirus_programs_compared.html

I'd rather okay false positives rather than let malware slip by. It's a difference of 76% vs 98%.

It depends on the software on the external HDD. I don't eat paste so I don't use backup software because I can copy and paste a folder just fine.

Just copy and paste your Desktop, Pictures, Documents, Downloads, and Music folders. Steam library if you do that too. That should be all of the files you actually care about unless you are just really fucking disorganized.

That's what a 2 means, punk.

but 1+0 is just another 1

We reached madness level that shouldn't be possible on Sup Forums

Actually it's closer to 94% vs 98%, but if you think each of those percentage points is worth $10 then by all means. I don't think the poor NEETs around here will agree with you though.

that's nasty, those things are impossible to get rid of. You may have to throw away all your disk drives and CDs, everything else Sup Forums related has to be exposed to 24 hours of grindcore cranked to 11.

but this is last resort if i have a rootkit, which i dont know how to detect and i dont know if the malwarebytes scan will get rid of

>someone take my image on /mlp/

THE MALWARE IS AIRBORN

>every site and program you use is a honeypot and will give you trojans and rootkits
>use this OS and programs that you have to manually code your own support for

> NOV 29, 2010

You realize you posted an article that is almost 7 years old, right? This is what I do for a living. If I had a dollar for every computer that comes in that is assfucked with malware while Norton sits there sucking its own dick, I would actually have 79 dollars per computer because that's what I charge.

It buys a lot of comic books.