Killer Frost is one of the Endless

today I will remind them

I'm still trying to wrap my head around it. Just why?

Isn't her schtick not really ice powers but concentrated entropy? So she's basically the physical manifestation of the inevitable heat death of the universe. T might do it.

No. No. No. Jesus fuck this is stupid.

She isn't immortal. She has an origin and was a regular person before the accident. It makes as much sense as if they announced Harvey Dent was a new Endless called Duality.

It's ironically what I call the "cooling effect", it's when something makes a character or group of characters cool and interesting. Then someone else wants to elevate a random character to that level so they stick the idea onto them too.

Like in Star Wars where everyone starts getting a light saber because it makes Jedi interesting, so retarded writer has to make their character interesting by giving them a light saber too. It dilutes the value of thing and makes it cheaper. What's the point of the Endless being as unique and powerful as they are if anyone can just join them?

What about their parents? They're part of a family.

>She has an origin and was a regular person before the accident.
so did Swamp Thing. or so he thought.

If it turns out the accident actually trapped an Endless in a human body and had the dead humans memories and personality imprinted on her I will flip.

Sounds like a great idea. Dent can be Duality, the Riddler can be Disquisition, the Joker can be Dementation.

It isn't actually confirmed yet but I agree it is super dumb. There's a reason Sandman and Watchmen were largely partitioned off and bringing them into main active DC canon and not just as a side-nod isn't going to be good.

if the minds of every Sup Forums user were condensed into one person like in beta ray bill's origin story and that person was made an Endless, what'd it be called

Dumb

Lenny's shirt should say "I have never seen destiny's garden" or something similar.

or "I have never seen Delirium's vagina"

Dubs

>spoiler

Sandman was partioned off, it's always has been part of the DC main universe. The ebdless are hands off tho and we have weisman to thank for that.

Lenny makes the whole image actually. Someone should draw more of them. And Lenny's tears should have icicles.

I agree and disagree though. I like how they're partitioned off but I think they can still be part of the main DC universe too, they just have to be used sparingly and respectfully.

Like a character dying and talking to Death before they go. Nothing wrong with that. But trying to change the character of the Endless is wrong.

I say this as someone who wants to write for DC and one of the stories I'm working on features the Endless heavily, but as THEMES rather than the characters themselves. Except in one instance. It's a Superman story and Destruction shows up and trains Superman when he can't beat someone. But that's about it Destruction shows up, explains some stuff, gives Superman a training arc basically and sets him on his way.

And I'm only using Destruction because he's the member of the family that didn't get a lot of exposure in the original stories because he's off doing his own thing. And Superman's character level, being so prominent and important in the DC multiverse, he should know of the Endless. Especially since Despair fucked over Krypton. And Superman appears at Dream's funeral.

Maybe I'm a hack, but it's a good way to show power and scale. When they start, Destruction asks Superman to hit him with the Doomsday Punch, as hard as he hit Doomsday to kill him. Superman hesitates and then does it, straight in the face. BBBOOOOMM. CRACK. Superman's fist is just stuck on Destruction's cheek and his x-ray vision shows every bone is shattered.

It's to show Clark might be Superman but he's still nothing compared to the Endless. He's not the most powerful being in the this universe by a long shot. Even Superman.... has room to improve and grow.

>I say this as someone who wants to write for DC and one of the stories I'm working on features the Endless heavily, but as THEMES rather than the characters themselves. Except in one instance. It's a Superman story and Destruction shows up and trains Superman when he can't beat someone. But that's about it Destruction shows up, explains some stuff, gives Superman a training arc basically and sets him on his way.
laughingendless.jpg

>laughingendless.jpg

Why would that be wrong though?

>Why would someone write a shitty comic story trying to attach itself to a beloved franchise in 2017?

Shitty. Writing.

Actually it is insanely cool.

You're an absolute zero for making that joke user.

Oof, that's cold. No need to be so harsh.

You're right, I should try to be more ice to people.

And Batman will be Detective!

Discord!

>It's a Superman story and Destruction shows up and trains Superman when he can't beat someone. But that's about it Destruction shows up, explains some stuff, gives Superman a training arc basically and sets him on his way.

I literally hope you get chronic diarrhea for the rest of your life.

Wait WHAT?

WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN?
WHAT

WHAT?

WHAT?

I feel like I'm staring directly into Geoff Johns' entire LIFE.

>she isn't immortal

Actually if you read back through all her appearances there's some unexplained weirdness with her. When Crystal was Killer Frost it was established that the Killer Frost powers are unstable by nature and kill their host. In Firestorm The Nuclear Man #94, Stein questions why Louise hates him so much when it was her predecessor who knew him, and somewhere in the book they mention that Louise got her powers by putting herself into a cold fusion reactor, but that that was actually impossible.

One of the doctors has a theory that Killer Frost is some kind of intelligent virus, and it turns out that the original Killer Frost was created via a metagene-targeting virus and can spread.

So yeah, Killer Frost is actually a fatal body-hopping virus. And if that virus happened to have some sort of magical origins, we could be seeing her as some kind of Avatar of the Rot or have some kind of fragment of an Endless in her.

Delta Ray user

It's just a meme based on an intentionally ambiguous panel. We just know they're in the story but nothing else.

>the physical manifestation of the inevitable heat death of the universe

There's already a character for that in the DCU though (Time Trapper).

>Killer Frost is one of the endless
>Batman and the Flash are going to investigate the Watchmen

This is the Rebirth you wanted, right guys?

This is the future Gaiman chose.

>Killer Frost is one of the endless
>This is the Rebirth you wanted, right guys?

it actually is

Which comic/page is it that implies she's one of the Endless?

Destiny used the term 'Sister' when addressing her and everyone is taking it literally. I have no stake one way or the other on the subject

Yeah, the Endless are well known for tossing around that term like a 70's blaxploitation film.

With any luck we'll get Teen fem-Manhattan in the same year.

This seems like a character that should have had the out of comics push happen decades ago.

And Harley and Ivy can be Delesbians

This makes sense. It won't happen though.

So something like Doctor Destiny and the Materioptikon? Maybe the virus is some fragment of Death or something?

The DC mobile game pairs up Ivy and Frost.

Harley has been cucked by DC's Alpha Bitch.

Well if it's bad, you could explain why. Is out of character? I don't think so. And there is a lot more to it than what I wrote, I was just trying to give a simplified version for quick reference to how I'd use the Endless. So I'm not a hypocrite.

What's wrong with Superman going up against something he can't defeat and needing help? What better character to that with than one of the Endless? Why make a new character for that? Plus the rest of the story thematically follows them and other elements in the DC, Vertigo and Wildstorm universes because it's about Superman's place of importance in the company, the whole super hero genre and world's mind and imagination.

This is dumb
But it's the fun kind of dumb

u wot

Yes, the way you're behaving now is snow way to winter over friends.

What would her name be though?

Fuck off frogposter

Degeneracy

Isn't entropy death's domain?

I think everyone's working on the assumptuon that she is an aspect of Death.

What about Imperix? Wasn't he supposed to be Entropy?

Tell me about this character.

what the fuck

Heat vampire. Multiple different ones with the current being sympathetic and having a funny haircut.

That pic is incredibly related, though not in the way you're hoping.
I have two questions.
1. How old are you?
2. How in God's name would Superman know where Destruction was?

Obviously Superman dies because the enemy is too strong but in the afterlife he's sent towards King Kai, sorry, Destruction's realm where he gets trained up and given a bunch of magical healing Kryptonian beans to go back to the living world.

Ohhh.
I understand now.
Thanks, user.

What kind of enemy is it that Superman can't just get some weapons or some backup from his literal legions of superhero friends?
If he has the time to get trained by one of the Endless so he can beat this horrifyingly powerful foe, then he's got time to get the Justice League. Or something.

Welp...

Where is this from?

Paul Dini's idea for a BTAS episode with John Hurt as Sandman.

holy shit

Why would powerless Captain Cold be Endless?

WHAT

What is this from?