How did the Flash turn to shit so fast? Pun not intended

How did the Flash turn to shit so fast? Pun not intended

Why are they pushing Savitar as Barry's greatest foe?

Did Barry ever even interact with Savitor in the comics? I stopped watching after season 2 but I can't see anyone being a greater foe than RF.

the acting in that show is fucking terrible

>Savitor in the comics?
No, both Zoom and Savitar are Wally villains.

It was never actually good but the first season had the "I'm secretly Eobard" jokes as well as the potential of what else might come so people enjoyed it. Now both of those are gone.

Savitar was in the first Flash Rebirth, but I don't think they interacted. That would have been the only opportunity.

>Why are they pushing Savitar as Barry's greatest foe?
Because due to power inflation he's currently his fastest opponent. At this stage of "just run faster Barry" he can probably beat season 1 Eobard at a jog.

Because Savitar is Barry's future self, and one of the show's themes from the start but most especially this season is that Barry is his own greatest enemy.
Briefly in Flash Rebirth.

>Actually being retarded enough to believe that Savitar is Future Barry.

That is obviously fucking Megatron.

There's literally no other options that fit thematically, they've been about as subtle with it as they were about Harrison Wells in season 1. Next episode Barry is going to the future to the date he's set to disappear. In the S1 timeline, Barry, Green Arrow, and Hawkgirl fought Thawne and Barry and him went back to the night Nora died, but that's not happening now. Instead, whatever Barry does in the future will drive his future self into becoming Savitar, that being his future disappearance now.

>Because Savitar is Barry's future self
Why?
I'm having a hard time believing this, but assuming it's true that is the stupidest thing I've heard about this show yet. Why would anyone EVER go back in time to fight themselves?

I dunno, this has literally never happened in fiction before.

have you watched the third season? the only way they can explain this season's barry's actions is if it lead to him becoming savitar

What baffles me is why wear that stupid ass armor in the first place

Every season being "someone faster than me? I've gotta get faster than them!" is tedious as fuck.

The whole "oh noes I'm killer frost" subplot is cancer (not helped by especially terrible acting)

I firmly believe Savitar is Barry, but a lot baffles me about it. What the fuck could possibly drive him to it? Why would he decide to cosplay Megatron and parade himself around as a god?

Probably to correct the fucking failure that is your past self.

Barry killed him in Flash Rebirth

>The show finally collapses into a shitheap of nonsensical time-travel baloney.

Shitty actors, cringey popculture humour, low budget

You could have just said "CW" and been done with it.

Bad writing and CW.
That's a 12 year old's theory. I see kids in Youtube comments saying Savitar is Barry when it doesnt make sense at all.

And that's the other thing. Making masked reveals is getting old. It leads to all sorts of retardo speculation.

the same thing happened in the comics. barry fucked up the timeline, people died, he turned into BLUE BARRY to fuck with the timeline some more to fix it. BLUE FLASH became current red flashs greatest enemy. this is exactly whats happening. he even says in the comic just like the show i am the future flash. savitar is barry. its all paralleled. except in the comic its wally dying not iris.

If it was Blue Flash they'd do Blue Flash.
The 'I am the future flash' line is not Savitar saying he is Flash from the future, he is saying he is the future as being the inevitable while speaking to the Flash.

...don't forget murder Iris.

>What the fuck could possibly drive him to it?
Iris's Death - which is why Savitar needs Barry to live "a little while longer". If Barry dies before that he obviously can't become Savitar, and the death that Savitar wants is actually the death of "The Flash" since being The Flash has been the cause of literally 100% of his problems throughout his entire life, not so much the death of "Barry Allen" the flesh-and-blood man.

>Why would he decide to cosplay Megatron and parade himself around as a god?
Barry already started developing a dis-associative condition the first time he returned from the Speedforce (Season 2). It took Zoom murdering Henry for Barry to snap out of it. As for the Megatron getup, I'm at a loss and it's the one minute detail that's keeping the inkling of Eddie being Savitar alive in the back of my mind - could be the Time Sphere that got sucked up into the black hole with him.

It's funny to me that Eddie is the red herring for 3 seasons in a row.

I would argue that the shows problems were the exact same as season 1, only now we're less leaniant on the show given how so little has progressed. From the start, Flash was a poorly written, poorly acted show. The only reason why we forgave it is because we were entertained by the ambitious effects, curious as to what character/villain would pop up next, and stuck with the idea that the show was going somewhere/Barry would become the hero we read in comics. The sad fact is CW writers are shit. They only got this far by using what little material they pulled from, and next to everything they wrote themselves has been recycled horseshit.
>Barry is a goddamn retard
>Rogues are nonexistent
>Rehashed season long plots involving mysterious evil speedsters
>Relationship drama
>Caitlin needs to be relevant
>Cisco is fucking annoying
>We need multiple Well's for some reason
>Secret identities are too hard to write for, so lets just make the entire cast in on it and have them be his fucking cheer squad/home base.

Making Savitar a person underneath the armor in the first place is what makes me think it's Barry

There's no other options at this point. Future Wally? Future Jay?

The only reason is to hide the identity. Even H.R calls it out

>Future Wally? Future Jay?
Future HR trying to make Wally a better hero?

i said "i am the future flash" is a line blue flash says in the comics. which he does. stop arguing for the sake of arguing and read before you post

They are doing blue Flash, but subtly, to let the mystery play out. Savitar looks absolutely nothing like he did in the comics, but you can see design elements taken from the future Barry in his suit.
I would have actually preferred if Eddie were Savitar, but there's absolutely no way they can be doing that after the Speed Force episode. It'd be a real kick in the pants if they used Eddie as an example of someone who was inspired to heroism and to sacrifice himself because of Barry, and then it turns out he survives and became a crazy speed god. Also, there's no way we wouldn't know at this point that Rick Cosnett is shooting more scenes.

Pretty much this. None of these shows are any good, they are more formulaic than Marvel movies at this point.

I was going to say haven't we seen all of this season's set photos?

There are parts of Savitar's design that I like, but ultimately he looks like a damn bayformer. If you were to combine the elements of his comic design with the CW version, it might look cool.

If Barry is Savitar the likely problem there is that Grant's such a lankster you could pick him out of a crowd based on his body type alone, mask or no mask.

Savitar is either Eddie or future Barry. Apparently there's a leaked picture somewhere of Grant Gustin in Savitar's armor but he could've just threw it on for shits and giggles.

You're misinterpreting like all the other 12 year olds, shouldn't you be in school right now?
It's too early to do a Blue Flash story.
The Savitar is Barry is just retardo speculation. And that's why this season is shit because people are more interested on who Savitar is.
Okay lets say Savitar is Barry. Why would Barry want to kill Iris?

>"Shouldn't you be in school right now?"
Nope spring break fag

That pic is a shop, but I can't find it right now.
You're going to feel like a moron next week.

>You're going to feel like a moron next week.
Why's that? You think Barry is Savitar? You think Barry gonna go omg im savitar what do we do guys? Run really fast barry.

>"omg can't run that fast"
>mom/dad/future barry/future iris/chuck mangione appears
>"you can do it barry"
>goes faster than ever

Grodd says it in the comics as well? Savitar is Grodd now?

I'm going with this.

Let's save Speedforce Grodd for next season.

>Savitar says that he existed before the timeline was changed by Flashpoint.
>Iris didn't die in the Pre-Flashpoint timeline.
>People think that Barry becomes Savitar because of Iris's death.

So why did he become Savitar in the Pre-Flashpoint timeline? He just became evil for no fucking reason?

>Rogues are nonexistent
They're the villains next season.

>still waiting for pied piper to return

I hope he comes back as a replacement for Caitlyn or at least have him on Legends.

It's the Thinker.

Just like last season.
And the season before that.
I'm starting to see a pattern here...

What if its the time remnant from the end of S2? He got sucked into the speedforce, went through some shenanigans and ended up as Savitar.

>Doctor Light is still running around naked and invisible

Savitar says he existed before Flashpoint because he lived through it as Barry, but Barry didn't become Savitar before Flashpoint.

Speaking of which, I enjoy Legends a shit ton. My favorite tv show right now, not even joking.

Arrow's not bad either but god damn it Prometheus is so boring.

Maybe she'll seduce Wally now that Jesse is gone.

I've thought about this and I think if they do go with Savitar being Barry this would be the best way

I still enjoy the show. The main problems for me are

>Barry stagnated. Season 1 was fun because he was always getting faster and learning new speed tricks. That stopped in season 2. Plus I have a feeling some of the writers don't actually like Barry. I've noticed a tendency to paint him as an asshole to prop up another character. Usually Wally.

>The cast is a bit bloated right now. Wally ended up not amounting to much and is kinda' boring.

Zoom and Savitar haven't compared to Reverse Flash so far because Thawne was in every episode. We knew his sinister nature from episode 2 onwards and that made for a fun cat-and-mouse game that Zoom and Savitar haven't provided because we only found out Zoom was Jay when he "died" and stopped interacting with the characters and Savitar is either a future version of Barry or dead guy Eddie.

The Thinker can bring back that dynamic. I hope he does.

They also had Eddie in the Yellow suit, remember.

Actually they didn't.

Yeah, bull. shit.

He probably got Iris pregnant. You'd travel back in time to beat yourself into paste if it happened to you. There's just some mistakes that are worth savagely removing yourself from the timeline over.

That Tom Hiddleston Reverse Flash concept art always gets to me, he would do a good Eobard.

It's both. He's the new leader.

Rogues were prominent in season 1 and they didn't hide that their plans for season 2 changed due to outside influences.

>Plus I have a feeling some of the writers don't actually like Barry. I've noticed a tendency to paint him as an asshole
No, that's just what the character has always been about since flash rebirth.

Indeed.

I've seen DCEU fans fancast Matthew McConaughey in the role a lot but that I can't see.

Nah.

Not in the show at least.

I think Christoph Waltz would make a great Thawne

Yet we never got THE Rogues. Not that it matters, they've been nerfed to hell, the costumes suck, and Cold/Heat Wave have been condemned to LoT

WELL NOW BARRY, AH'M HERE TA SCREW YER LIFE UP, SO BUCKLE UP PARDNER, YER IN FOR A RIDE
ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT

YEE HAW

Season finale spoilers.

At some point Caitlin is cured of the chemical inbalance that turns her evil and she rejoins the team but keeps her Killer Frost powers and appearance.

Captain Cold makes an appearance in the penultime episode, which also features Barry and Cisco asking Lyla and A.R.G.U.S. for help.

Savitar is defeated by a weapon created by Barry and his team.

H.R. dies in Iris' place. Barry, Iris, Cisco, Caitlin, Julian, Joe, Wally, Harry, Jesse, Jay and present Tracy attend his funeral.

Season apparently ends with Barry bidding his loved ones farewell and leaving with a woman in a blinding flash of light. There's some controversy on whether the woman is Nora Allen or future Tracy. Popular theory is that Barry sacrifices himself and agrees to become one with the Speed Force to stop Savitar.

kek

>present Tracy
Who?

that doesn't answer the question this shitty show has revolved around for 3 seasons
who is the villain? (savitar)

"VIBE FACES OFF AGAINST KILLER FROST – Barry (Grant Gustin) and the team meet Tracy Brand (guest star Anne Dudek), a scientist, who may be the key to stopping Savitar. Unfortunately, Killer Frost (Danielle Panabaker) is also after Tracy so Team Flash must battle their old friend, which proves to be particularly difficult for Cisco (Carlos Valdes). Joe (Jesse L. Martin) and Cecile’s (guest star Danielle Nicolet) relationship takes a big turn.”

That's the next episode's solicit.
Savitar is Future Barry, yeah?

Now that Cold is gone, the vacant seat of "smart and smug" is left open. Hayes kind of fills that role but he doesn't have as many memorable lines.

New character that's being introduced next episode.

Apparently she's a brilliant scientist in the future that builds the weapon that can take down Savitar so Barry has to protect her insecure present self from Savitar-controlled Caitlin and she ends up more or less along for the ride until the season finale. Maybe even joining the team next season.

>Brand new character out of nowhere suddenly creates a weapon that can defeat the bad guy, once again proving Barry cant do shit on his own
And people still think the writing on this show isnt shit

>people still think the writing on this show isnt shit
Where?

Teenage girls mostly

>Now that Cold is gone
He's back user.

Savitar is obviously fucking Eddy

Like holy shit it's so obvious

He literally can't be Eddie.

Are they even capable of writing these shows without insanely capable scientists who can build something that would take decades of research overnight and computer users who can hack the entire city and control any system instantly?

It's such irritating bullshit.

Has Legends stopped hammering you over the head with the whole "THESE PEOPLE ARE REALLY BACKWARDS WITH SOCIAL ISSUES!!!!" thing? I stopped watching the first series after they did it the third time.

reminder

>Apparently she's a brilliant scientist in the future that builds the weapon that can take down Savitar

That's not Felicity!

>mfw this actually happens

All that and then Jax and Stein at the end always makes me laugh.

The weapon is supposed to be that. She's researching it in the present but only completes it in 2024. Barry and his team are the ones that speed the process along.

Man, I really wish they'd do the Giganta x Atom from ANA in Legends.

That said, he almost never uses his shrink powers, he's just a shitty iron man

If they're taking queues from literally the worst Flash run of all time (yes, even worse than Bart's) then of course they fucked up.

It's a shame there aren't any good mind control superheroes, 'cause I'd love to see someone hijack his body and use it to do a Hoo-Ha combo on some bad guys.

Glad you appreciate it. I tried to maintain levity even though I do have a genuine beef with it.

It's like Iron Man and Cisco mashed into the same character.

>Barry merges with the speed force
I want this so badly. Killing Barry off is the only way to save this show.

H.R. dies

Oh no how will we cope such a beloved character gone forever. Hope they get that Western Wells for next season

It'd make for some awkward conversation

>So Barry... You're Savitar
yup. seems so
>okay, I got a plan. It's crazy but... could you not? Just like, stop it. Please.

wally pls not even ur dad likes you best

They'll probably just give us a butchered two episode long version of The Return of Barry Allen, and then bring the real Barry back in the next episode.

>Savitar is Future Barry
>Still believing this shitty Reddit theory

I have no problem with the secret identity thing. Otherwise you end up with cheesy autism that doesn't make any sense.