Outlaws vs Outlaws

In a recent interview, Scott Lobdell talked a bit about his work on the series and what we can expect from it in the future.

The most important things revealed were:

>Bizarro is going to have a face off with Solomon Grundy.

>The current Outlaws is going to have a face off with the N52 Outlaws at some point between issues 12 and 16. Seemingly the old Outlaws would be from an alternate Earth called the N52. Yeah.

>Lobdell plans to do a story with the outlaws going to E3 and meet the crime syndicate where they will go undercover. However he admits is not set in stone yet.

>He also talked about issue 9 and how this arc is personal for Artemis and Jason while put Bizarro in a situation to handle in his own

>Editorial loves the dynamic between Jason and Artemis and they're interested on pushing them as a couple but Lobdell is resisting since he doesn't believes it would be that interesting, mainly because it would be to easy to pair them up and he likes some drama ala Romeo and Juliet.

>Jason and Bizarro dynamic is based on the fact that Jason knows what it feels to be treated like "a monster"

>Lobdell's Bizarro is not stupid but merely someone with a bizarre thought process

>Lobdell's more interested on telling fun stories than on writing grounded, dramatic ones. So you can expect to have more weird adventures on multiple settings than just street level ones.

soundcloud.com/down-and-nerdy-podcast/episode-158-an-interview-with-scott-lobdell-from-dc-comics-red-hood-and-the-outlaws

Interview is in the last 20 minutes.

Other urls found in this thread:

comicvine.gamespot.com/darkfire/4005-46976/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Based Lobdell.

I'm really quite curious about the outlaws vs the outlaws thing.

>>Editorial loves the dynamic between Jason and Artemis and they're interested on pushing them as a couple but Lobdell is resisting since he doesn't believes it would be that interesting, mainly because it would be to easy to pair them up and he likes some drama ala Romeo and Juliet.
When did Lobdell of all people get such good taste?

Nu52 Outlaws get fucking stomped by the Amazon and Krypto-clone

>>The current Outlaws is going to have a face off with the N52 Outlaws at some point between issues 12 and 16. Seemingly the old Outlaws would be from an alternate Earth called the N52. Yeah.
I like this. I mean, it's kind of thematic for Jason having crossing universes stories at this point.

> Editorial loves the dynamic between Jason and Artemis and they're interested on pushing them as a couple but Lobdell is resisting since he doesn't believes it would be that interesting, mainly because it would be to easy to pair them up and he likes some drama ala Romeo and Juliet.

Well shit, he's just nabbed some more of my support with that line. I like the dynamic between Artemis and Jason too, but it being a romantic one i just can't see. They come off more like two asshole friends in a buddy film.

am I the only one who is excited for watching two retards going head to head.

>Editorial loves the dynamic between Jason and Artemis and they're interested on pushing them as a couple but Lobdell is resisting since he doesn't believes it would be that interesting, mainly because it would be to easy to pair them up and he likes some drama ala Romeo and Juliet.

I like this but I think they should end up together but further down the line, Jason clearly is attracted to her and they have good chemistry.

>Lobdell plans to do a story with the outlaws going to E3 and meet the crime syndicate where they will go undercover. However he admits is not set in stone yet.

So happy that we get to see the Crime Syndicate again.

This could be cool

C'mon White Ray

>We're going to literally have two mentally retarded people fist fight each other for our entertainment.
DC giving no fucks. How can one company be so based?

Rocafort or March better god Damn draw this arcs interiors.

>Artemis vs Superwoman...
>Drawn by them...
>Muh Dick...

So freaking based. I'm loving everything about this and I especially hope the outlaws going to E3 storyline happen.

But the crime syndicate are dead and E3 is a ruined wasteland
But they can still fuck right?

>But the crime syndicate are dead and E3 is a ruined wasteland
Everything is possible in comics, dude.

Dark Trinity meeting The Crime Syndicate NEEDS to happen.

>But the crime syndicate are dead and E3 is a ruined wasteland

I believe they hinted that Earth-14 can spit out more Earths or something like that. It was in the video about the multiverse map.

This. wtf

I like where Lobdell is going, but it's Lobdell, so I don't know what to think.

he originally pitched Grodd and Starfire's brother to be on the outlaws

Starfire has a brother?

Yeah he's usually with the Omega Men.

Wait aren't the omega men a group of people trying to overthrow a Theologian space empire now?

>comicvine.gamespot.com/darkfire/4005-46976/
This guy? That pitched book must have been incredibly homoerotic.

It'll either have to be a DKR style fight where the N52 Outlaws have a load of prep time and use the environment and a lot of tricks and traps or a more general sort of feud that doesn't involve direct fighting.

DC Comics Presents: Bum Fights

Until I read your comment I thought Lobdell was talking about the Outlaws and the CS meeting at the Electronic Entertainment Expo.

Wait, aren't we getting the solicitation for issue 12 today? So, are we gonna get to know more about the outlaws vs the outlaws today?

There could be some good character stuff to milk out of having the Outlaws defeat the counterparts of the heroes whose shadows they live in.
Jason vs. Owlman could represent some real catharsis for the character.
Bizarro vs. Ultraman is just kind of funny because they're both Superman's opposite in completely different ways. Ultraman's reaction to finding out he's got an AU retard clone could be priceless.

Should come out in less than 30 minutes.

Maybe when they need some promotion for Injustice 3

yep

Wait a minute

What would an Earth 3 Bizarro look like?

is the Grundy fight
RED HOOD AND THE OUTLAWS #12
Written by SCOTT LOBDELL
Art by DEXTER SOY
Cover by CLAY MANN
Variant cover by GUILLEM MARCH
Retailers: This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the order form for details. Includes a code for a free digital download of this issue.
“THE LIFE OF BIZARRO” part one! Bizarro’s final days are upon us! As Red Hood and the Outlaws rush home to Gotham City in an effort to save Bizarro’s life, a new threat is unleashed in the form of Solomon Grundy! Can the Outlaws stop Grundy’s rampage without their most powerful member? Who unleashed the monster in the first place? And can Grundy defeated in time to save Bizarro from certain death? Find out in the start of a brand new adventure!
On sale JULY 12 • 32 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T+

Yes.

A sadistic thug who due to a personality disorder is too akward/polite to actually do evil.

This is an awesome cover.

And what happened to Bizarro?

Ho, a mirrored S. Nice.

>RHATO thread
>Nobody weeping from disappointment

Wait, is Outlaws good now?

Literally where have you been the last nine months?

One of the top three books of Rebirth alongside New Super-Man and Deathstoke.

Yes, user, have you been under a rock?

It's quite fun, yes. One of my favourite books out of Rebirth.

I'm glad that Bizarro is getting his own arc and the cover just look wow.

Wait...so the NU52 RHATO, never happened before Rebirth?

I dunno I haven't been paying attention.

The All Cast stuff got mentioned the other month, so I assume it happened in some form or other.

It happened, it was confirmed in the latest issue.

I think the N52 Outlaws vs Rebirth Outlaws is some alternative universe shenanigans that going to be explained later.

Honestly I would rather have Roy and Kori going after Jason for reason or another. Having alternate versions running around feels like a copout

A mirror universe in which things went different? or maybe everything is a dream or something.

Last run had mystic magic, this one could, too. That and multiversity stuff seems to be the current special trick for Jason's stories.

There's no point to hang on them if their writers still refuse to acknowledge their past in the outlaws. It's actually better for Lobdell to not bother with their current versions and just foucs on the dark trinity.

This. I like the old Outlaws and I'm glad that they are still in the continuity, but I wouldn't mind if Lobdell decided to not bother with their Rebirth versions.

That is the thing if other writers can use Jason at their leisure, ignoring Lobdell's stuff. Why he can't do the same?

Given up on capeshit for a bit, but yes, the reason for that was literally living in piss-ass nowhere. But holy crap, you mean Jason's not an edgelord in it or nothing?

No one is ignoring Lobdell's stuff with Jason, they just don't keep up with it since he's in different office.

Also, Jason's situation is completely different than Roy and Kori since he is more popular and the bat office has some control over him because he's still a bat character.

Just read RHATO Rebirth, dude. It's really good and Jason has been great in it.

Any story involving Earth 3 is on my radar. I would love to see a reverse Jason Todd.

he's still going on about how he died and stuff. But he has clearly meltdown a lot. He's self aware of his edginess, I would say, and is coming across as cute, even.

I don't know, it's lots of fun to me, and he has nice dynamics with the other two in the team.

>just don't keep up with it since he's in different office.
He's not under the Batline, but I'm pretty sure he is or at least was under the same editorial as TT and Titans.

He only mentioned his death in the rebirth issue since it was an introduction to his past and latest issue because he's in the place where he died so if course he will. Other than that, he has been only mentioning it as a running gag.

Well, yes, as a running gag. But I mention it anyways because I know people may get annoyed by that even if it's a joke.

Wouldn't he be Joker?

I know? Are you the same guy or different one? Because Titans and TT has nothing to do with Jason.

No, Jason actually has been Owlman in E3.

There are people who get annoyed by that and you need to give a warning about it? Really?

I'm afraid so. Saw it myself last storytime.

Different guy, and they're connected to the extent it's where Kori and Roy are.

Me too. I feel dumb now.

I was in the last storytime and it was just one or two anons who were complaining about it.

Oh well, if some people are pitiful enough to stop reading it just because of that, it's their loss.

Also helps that Lobdell really defined Jason's personality, while fans of Roy and Kori might not like what he did with them. Hell Kori seems like a mostly different character now.

But, it doesn't have to do with my point.

Interesting.

Is this worth catching up on? And is Jason going to be fighting Jason in the Outlaw v. Outlaws?

Yes and we don't know anything about the outlaws vs outlaws story until we get more information about it

>Jason's not an edgelord in it or nothing?

He's a fun edgelord who's aware of it. Plus he has more depth than that. Also in Rebirth they don't ruin Starfire

>Oh well, if some people are pitiful enough to stop reading it just because of that, it's their loss.
Definitely, you're right.

But in BATB the Joker's Earth-3 counterpart was Red Hood

BATB?

Well, it was revealed that E3 Jason was talon who died and then become Owlman after he returned.

>He's a fun edgelord who's aware of it.

Well that's nice.

Although I miss super-angst crazy Jason.
I'd be glad if he had small moments that channeled that- along with being fun/funny.

Batman the Brave and the Bold

What's next? Cripple fight?

Grodd and Starfire has the same brother?

>Grodd
>Darkfire

I would've actually bothered reading this book.

Anyone know if Red Hood Rebirth is getting a deluxe hardcover?

doing a story where Bizarro dies and calling it Life of Bizarro makes me wanna check this book out. that's an amazing joke

I think that's a biweekly series thing only.

Only TPB