Why the fuck didn't I know about this movie until today...

Why the fuck didn't I know about this movie until today. What are some other weird/funny movies that might be overlooked or are obscure. Lay em on me senpaitachi.

Is that the one with Jon Lovitz? I dislike the restaurant scene.

I'm champagne, and you're shit.

Yeah I've seen that one back in the day. They really fucked up lmao

Your Friends and Neighbors
Go

These sound good. Anything roger every liked I find I like.

>tfw you decide to give mid-december Sup Forums a chance and find a Todd Solondz thread amongst this open sewage of starwarsfaggotry

State & Main

Dude wtf am I watching. Everyone's jizzing

its too bad the rest of Todd Solondz films suck.

That's not true at all

>he never glued things on his bedroom walls with his all-natural, 100% organic white glue

>jews
>serious tone
>little jew boy wants to jack off and becomes his arc
>father gets fucked by dudes
>boy watches girls and beats it on balcony
>boy finally cums
>dog eats boy's semen as it drips down balcony railing
>comes in and tells family that he just spermed
Yeah, this is kino. For fuck's sake. This is sickening shit. Why are Jews always doing this degenerate shit? This and Portnoy's Complaint. Not joke, we need to ship Jews back to Israel ASAP.

its much better than the rest. Dark Horse and Welcome to the dollhouse both are shit

Oh, come on. Both titles you mentioned are solid loserkino. Dark Horse made me lowkey suicidal somewhere by the 20 minute mark. Very disturbing film with almost no sensitive content/edgy shit that Solondz is notorious for.

As if Solondz isn't his own flavor of sewage.
Nah, Happiness sucks. It's all about Welcome to the Dollhouse.

Yes, the late 90s were the time when jizz made its main-stream film debut. Didn't last long though.

Of all the American Eccentric directors, Solondz is the most eccentric — and the most solid. In such films as Happiness, Storytelling, Palindromes, Life During Wartime, and Dark Horse, he has developed the least commercial and most unflinching perspective on contemporary life. He shows a sturdy perception of both the comic and the tragic, lately doing so without lapsing into the smugness, cruelty, or sentimentality that was so confounding in his debut film, Welcome to the Dollhouse (1995).

A Serious Man is pure kino.

King of Comedy is great as well.

Putney Swope is some hardcore weird-kino. If you like PTA or Louis CK, check that out.

Nah. Life During Wartime (sequel to Happiness) is his worst.

The Comedy (2012)
Entertainment (2015)
Rick Alverson is kino

what's that Todd Solondz movie where the coal burner pays the coal toll and the whole time the black guy says:

>say nigger fuck me!

That would be Storytelling. It's Solondz satirizing liberal arts majors back in 2001.

Palindromes was way worse than Life During Wartime.

Life During Wartime was actually a nice, more than half of the cast killing themselves actually felt justified.

wtf nigga Palindromes is great. It rivals Happiness on the edginess scale, presents the one slimiest Solondz character to date, makes fun of both pro-choicers and pro-lifers and has a cool nice gimmick by having the MC be played by 7 different actresses, each one causing a different impression and changing your perception of the character with basis on looks alone.

The Russian, played by a Brit, was the best character.

I might suggest The Killing of a Sacred Deer, trying to think of things which share some similarities.

Besides the whole body of work of Todd Solondz, you can find more detestable characters on some films written by an underrated asshole called Neil LaBute, namely the aforementioned Your Friends and Neighbors, In The Company of Men and The Shape of Things. Don't look up his other work, though, it's trash. Also, if you are up for almost 3 hours of slice of life with an impressive number of everyday shitty people and a considerable amount of nudity (including frontal flashing by Julianne Moore and Huey fucking Lewis), you might want to look up Short Cuts.

it's genuinely hard to think of another movie like Happiness. i guess that's to its credit.

there's always the sequel to Happiness starring Julius Caesar as the pervo, boy-fucking dad. He's brilliant in it. I can't remember the name, though.