Luke was a force ghost and already dead

Can't believe nobody has got this yet.

In TLJ Luke is already dead. He specifically tells Rey he went to the secluded planet to die.

He wouldn't just leave Kylo and Snoke to their evil rule. He killed himself thinking that without any more Jedi, the balance in the force would destroy Snoke and Kylo.

Luke is residing in the Jedi equivalent of Korriban, where the force ghosts of ancient Sith Lords rest and preserve ancient knowledge.

Rey is actually the force balancing, not by destroying Kylo and Snoke but creating another powerful Jedi. Luke is displeased with this turn of events and that's why he is initially grumpy and stubborn.

In the end, he fades away in front of Kylo, and then fades away on the Jedi planet because he is already a ghost and his purpose of passing on the knowledge was fulfilled.

TLDR: Luke is a Jedi force ghost protecting the tomb of ancient knowledge a la Sith Lords of Korriban.

That's almost too logical and well thought out to make sense. I like it; but no way they thought this out. Great job though!

Yeah? Then why the fuck does he need to drink titty milk from aliens and harpoon giant fish to eat? I wish your theory was true but we gotta accept the shitfest it really was

I think you gave those Disney cucks too much credit

Maybe if they actually tried to make me want to cry when seeing Luke vanish then I would have liked it... Rian did the same thing JJ did when Han died. No memorial and everyone forgets about him as the scene moves on. What horrible writing. Killing off the most beloved sci fi character and not making me want to shed a tear and instead want to say "WTF" was disgraceful.

But why did his beard turn grey if he killed himself?

No. Force Ghosts have a bluish tinge and that hue makes it obvious they are a ghost. See: Yoda in this movie.

He was merely showing Rey how to survive on the island while she stayed for training.

Even if he was alive, he would not need to use primitive fishing methods to catch fish.

In fact, there is a good chance given his power level that he wouldn't need to even consume nourishment at all.

Because grey is the balance between light and dark. He succeeded in bringing balance to the force, and became one with it.

Yeah, except that while on the island there is a point where they show that Luke ''severed'' his connection to the force, to not be found or whatever, so that debunks the theory, because if he is cut from the force he cant become a ghost, neither use it to gather fish or whatever

Clearly he reconnected, since he was using it and training Rey and such.

I think you are missing it.

He cannot just sever his connection to the force like a pair of scissors.

He DIED. That is why he could no longer be felt as a presence in the force to other living force sensitives.

No, it means they've acheived ultra-instinct.

Ghost need milkies?

Rey knows how to survive because she grew up alone in the desert.

This was all just padding to make the movie 2 hours and 30 minutes long. He didn't want to train her because he felt like he failed Ben. Simple as that.

OPs hypothesis is obviously garbage. He was alive, and he died while sitting on the rock due to exerting himself this much. His body even disappeared like Yoda's and Ben's when they died. He died, finished, end of story. OP is just a moron.

Are you fucking retarded???

She grew up in a desert so she has no idea how to harvest food on an island surrounded by water.

Are you fucking retarded???

Luke died!

Yoda died of old age.

Ben died in combat.

Him showing Kylo that he was just a ghost was to make him realize that he was already dead and his lust for revenge was impossible to ever sate.

Yes I know, maybe you have trouble with reading comprehension.

The whole point of this thread is that Luke is dead already.

Fucking brain dead retard

Lukes cloths remained just like when yoda and Obi died.
Also Force ghost projects force ghost for what reason ???

Who are you to say he cant? In Mouse canon anything is a possibility ayy

But that's wrong. Didn't you watch the movie???

Can't you read??? Luke isn't dead!

Yeah, why the fuck would a ghost visit a ghost.

Real nigga hours, he gotta be at many places at once

Neat theory, but I doubt this was Rian or JJ's plan.

>In TLJ Luke is already dead

robot hand

He could have severed his connection since that sort of thing has already been established to be a thing. Source: Kotor 2

For various reasons, like when they meet to witness Darth Vaders funeral

Sure, Yuzhan Vong also.

But all that shit is retconned now.

They didn't meet to have a fucking chat. Fuck ghosts n shiet. Why don't the ghosts come out more and lightning strike more shit?

Who's to say they didn't chat? Why even project their ghost form at all then? Why not just view the funeral without making their presence known?

Nice one, but the main hole in your theory is
the cloths left behind when he disappeared on the island and both Rey and Lea felt his death.

why do they look at each other at the pyre and smile as ghosts? why does obi wan put his ghost hand on yodas ghost shoulder?

How could they feel his death if he was severed from the force?

Checkmate

He reconnected last minute.

UnCheckmate (I don't know how chess works)

they shot Kirk in the ass and then Picard piled a bunch of rocks on his dead body-- on a deserted planet. -- to make way for a new generation of sci-fi heroes-- companies shit on your old heroes so they can sell you on their new ones. It'll happen with Ironman and Cap too-- mark my motherfucking words-- screencap it.

Spock is the only Space Mofo that got a proper burial-- the first time he died-- the second time he died in rel life and showed a fucking hologram of him. he dead. so sad. watch the movie.

If he was a ghost the whole time, how did Rey hand him the saber to throw away, how did him and Rey fight when she hits him a few times?

Nice headcanon

Someone post the milking webm pls

>headcanon for a bad movie
occam's razor mate

I'm sorry but they killed him. He's dead. Maybe Yoda and him can burn some trees down together later

the force will spit him back out because if it wasn't his time to die.

Clone Wars animated series (canon) introduced Mortis, a "force" plane.

Luke may not be dead. He may have teleported to Mortis.

Luke is supposed to be special but he's a lot weaker than other force users in canon and non-canon works.

Plagueis could cheat death. Palpatine could cheat death.

Yoda lived 20 times longer than Luke.

Why would Luke just sputter out?

His death is stupid, lame, badly written. Better not be dead.

I want this to be true so much but u know they wont be doing this

just like star wars itself.
they really just need to kill off this franchise.
even with a movie that has some new ideas, it still parrots the originals.

JJ Abrams is directing episode 9.

He could bring him back like Gandalf. He did do his Star Trek lore research.

Maybe he looks into Mortis if he wants to bring back Luke.

0.98 USD has been transferred to your account.

Kind regards,

Disney

god I hate this fucking board.
you idiots keep digging and digging for some loophole to make diarrhea into chocolate, but you are always wrong.
It filled my heart with joy when snoke was tossed into the character dust bin like a used jizz rag.
fuck you reddit shits.

1) He lived on the island eating fish and titty milk, this is established.
2) It doesnt explain why Yoda came back, I mean a ghost speaking to another ghost about worldly things?
3) I like to think Luke was dead by the time he projected to the salt planet, it makes more sense than force projections
4) Unfortunately this movie was just stupid overall when it came to the force, and they just shit all over it.

>0.98 USD
its sad, really
at dc they pay me at least 11.98 USD per shilling post

This level of wishful thinking, gods...

These are shit movies for drone masses, user. What you see on screen is what it is.

that would be far too good of a real twist for Disney to do

>Rey knows how to survive on an island because she grew up in a desert

Nigga what ?

as someone else on Sup Forums said "Remember when we all thought Snoke was Darth Plagueis? good times."

If he was a force ghost he wouldn't have the artifical hand. He would be restored to his full form.

he wasnt alredy dead, i like that idea dont get me wrong, but they didnt indicate this at all, infact they made it very clear he was alive and wanted a dramatic way for him to disapear. the cloths he was wearing remained when luke disapeared, and they blew away in the wind, when he was just projecting to kylo his even his cloths disapeared.

Funny. Everything you just said is wrong.

Having not seen the film ... does it actually suggest Snoke isn't Plagueis? The impression I've gotten from the various spoilers is that the movie didn't really say much more/less about his backstory, just that he was killed. So, I mean, does any of this necessarily mean those fan theories were wrong?

A reminder that the Force is actually space cancer.

No user. This is a lie to yourself. This is as dumb as the me3 your indoctrinated theories from me3. Face it this movie makes no sense on any level.

When you see these wild theories trying to make something more deep and pave over its bullet ridden corpse full of flaws you know it’s your mental gymnastics to try and make the pain go away.

Face it the only thing that’s dead is Star Wars.

shut the fuck up already

then how can he eat and drink sea elephant milk??

>disproven

I actually thought the movie was gonna end to reveal he was dead all along. The fact that they didn’t point it out makes me think he wasn’t dead

/thread

r2 d2 had a talk with him and chewbacca saw him also

11.98 rupi you mean.

yeah meanwhile shes on the planet for what 19 hours gb2r

M Night didn't direct this movie

Unfortunately.

Good theory, but force ghosts have a blue aura around them

>Literally a whole part of the movie was based around Luke projecting his force ghost/essence elsewhere such that people thought it was the real thing
>"B-but he'd be blue!!"

I mean, normally, this sort of thing would rule it out. But the movie gave itself a pretty big 'out' in this regard, even if it's still a little dodgy. I'd argue that the folks pointing out that he still had to eat are making the better case here.

>given his powerlevel

He gets beaten by both Rey and Kylo during the movie. He's probably not even as powerful as Leia in disney-canon.

MILKY TASTY

The greatest twist since that one Bruce Willis theory

Why would a force ghost still have a mechanical hand?

The same reason the force ghost of Darth Vader looked like his younger self rather than the way he died.

>making shit up that makes no sense to try and convince yourself this wasnt a shit movie

just let it go

DAT SWEET ALIEN TITTY MILK

Yeah he does reconnect in a scene on the slab he ultimately dies on, the water in the pool behind him ripples and he reaches out to comatose Leia.

no he becomes one with the force like kenobi or yoda at the end of the movie after his confrontation with kylo ren.