All this nu hollywood bullshit is starting to bring me down

all this nu hollywood bullshit is starting to bring me down
what are some good movies you anons have seen lately

Wake in Fright, Cockfighter, The Driller Killer, Clean Slate (french one), Christmas Evil

French Connection 1971
Harakiri 1962

Some good stuff there, but Clean Slate with Dana Carvey is kino.

feminists will take over hollywood even more now after the #metoo stuff and they will ruin it hopefully, so a better movie industry can take over, probably from europe

Pi

one hour photo

lawrence of arabia
hamlet - brannagh
full metal jacket
the prophet (animated)
good will hunting

>probably from europe
Not sure how receptive mainstream audiences are to Islam.

Blade Runner 2049 makes up for The Last Jedi.

>brannagh
>animated
>good

The Last Jedi is masscult. Blade Runner 2049 is midcult. Both are nu-Hollywood. Get the fuck out of here.

It truly does. I'm glad I went to go see this dumpster fire though. It solidified that I'm never again paying to go see a shit tier movie again. Infinity wars is off the menu, all capeshit DC/Marvel, any fucking retard movie w/ bullshit feminism and modern female leads larping as skronk men is off the menu, any racially divisive bullshit is off the fucking menu... All of its going into the trash. I was going to go see ready player one next year but it looks like populist bullshit so its going into the trash. I'll maybe end up watching 1-3 movies a year and I'm fine w/ that now.

Baby Driver was ok.

Western and Northern Europe would be just as bad, and the chances of a based European country like Poland or Hungary or Russia becoming the next Hollywood is minuscule to say the least.

TLJ is unironically one of, if not the, best Star Wars films. And its strong pleb filter.

All the brainlets going:
>Its bad because they killed Snoke
>I wanted Luke to be a perfect person with no flaws like he was in the original trilogy
>I'm mad Luke isnt Rey's father or that she sint Obi-Wan's grand daughter

All the plebs are freaking out because the movie didnt go the direction they wanted it to, and they instead did something original with it.

>Wow this script is shit!
>No, it's """"original""" ;^)

Explain what about it is "shit"

Kungfu is the best girl.

I've seen this post multiple times today
Keep at it contrarian Sup Forums

Not him, but there are legitimately hundreds of user reviews on every site for that stuff. If you're actually looking for criticism, which I'm sure you aren't, I would start there.

Thought this said one hour potato at first

Good time

Problem Child 2

Yes I've seen it and it all involves emotional criticism involving people mad that their preconceived ideas of how they'd like the plot to go didnt happen. I.e. snoke and phasma getting killed and not being a major characters. And Luke not being the perfect boy he was decades ago in the original trilogy as well as him dying and Rey's parents not being some already established powerful characters.