/trek/

Akoocheemoya we are far from the best sci-fi Akoocheemoya

>tfw no special where data tries to discover the meaning of christmas

why live

>(((roddenberrey)))

these threads keep me coming back to Sup Forums

I got him an XXL sweater for Christmas. Don't worry, he'll grow into it.

So your life would be better if these threads didn't exist? Me too.

have you checked out /tg/ ? their star trek threads are way better

feelsbatman.jpg

I haven't. I dare not return to /tg/, I might start reading WH40k novels again.

i'm not Christian and never celebrated Christmas (only new year's eve), but it would still be an awesome special

>you might start reading
oh the humanity

I read all day every day for work, niglet

I'm rewatching DS9. Forgot how fucking good Quark is.

then why are you scared of reading?

It's not healthy to sit/lie about all day reading. Variety is the spice of life my man

Who was in the wrong here?

Picard needs to lift, Jesus, he's thin

What's his power level?

read more

How many books have you read in the past week?

Maximum.

read more

you were saying?

You are like a little baby
Watch this

Were licensed comics a mistake?

Yes, definitely.

The first one is set in the Mirror Universe and if I'm not mistaken, the second one was drawn before TNG even aired, the author only knew the actors' faces.

no

>the author only knew the actors' faces.
In the world of corporate comics, the author and artist are usually separate people. Corporate comics were a mistake, by the way.

Nice tracing.

Who the fuck is Jeffrey and why does he leave his tubes everywhere?

I liked the Total Recall homage in the last issue when Picard spaced Jellico.

>Jefferies tubes, in the Star Trek fictional universe, are narrow tunnels or corridors inside a starship. They can be vertically or horizontally oriented, and form a network that allows travel throughout large volumes of a starship even when the turbolifts are not functioning. Plumbing, power, and other infrastructure utilities are frequently routed through them.

The term "Jefferies tube" was originally an inside joke among the original Star Trek production staff, a reference to original series art director Matt Jefferies, the man who designed the original starship Enterprise.[1][2] The term was used frequently throughout Star Trek: The Next Generation, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine. and Star Trek: Voyager. The term first became officially used in the script of the original series episode "Journey to Babel", but did not become canon until stated in the Next Generation season 3 episode "The Hunted." Matt Jefferies is quoted as saying, "Somebody hung the name Jefferies Tube on it (the prop). It wasn't me, but the name stuck and I used it in some of my sketches!" [3]
>Another in-joke reportedly appearing in the Jefferies tube sets on the original Star Trek series are labels on the pipes marked "G.N.D.N." This stands for "Goes Nowhere, Does Nothing." [4] The labels are usually written so small as to be invisible to the audience, but can be seen in certain scenes from the Star Trek films.[1]

There's no in-universe explanation for the name that I'm aware of.

I always assumed it was named after some writer’s kid

does anyone like this?

done

I like them.

Yeah that was honestly pretty good. Do you have a link to the site they came from?

check out the star trek thread on /tg/ seriously. that is where i got it from

Just started this a couple hours ago. Should I power through and finish tonight? Or should I finish this cheap bottle of whiskey? Thoughts, /trek/?

God created Whiskey to prevent the Irish from ruling the world

No. It fundamentally misunderstands the Picard Maneuver, which only works against ships which don't have FTL sensors.

well everything has a critic

So both? Challenge accepted.

do it you mad lad. the Irish have some of the best writers and therefore the best creators

They literally explain that it's an evolution of the Picard Maneuver, made possible by the third nascelle.

That's not how the Picard Maneuver works, unless a third nacelle somehow makes them invisible to sensors.

explain exactly how the Picard Maneuver works Genius

An enemy ship sees your ship. You move faster-than-light towards the enemy ship. The enemy sees the light from your old position AND the light from your new position, so they think there is two of you.

It doesn't work if the enemy has faster-than-light sensors.

so the enemy doesn't have faster-than-light sensors. boom. cya nerd

Everyone shits on "Let He Who Is Without Sin" but from what I've watched on this second go, it seems like a redpill on the contemptuous nature of the female mind. The way Jadzia acts in this scene is the typical thing that a woman I was engaged to be married to for over a year would do: spite herself in an effort to spite me when I was looking out for her.

>But wait, you're allergic to xenoberries
>HA! Fuck you, I'm gonna' go eat a whole bushel of xenoberries and just fuck my shit up to get back at you because all that matters to me is fun time and sprinkles and instagram selfies

*punches you in the face for insubordination*

Nice trips, I had a delayed belly laugh at this for some reason. Boy we are a weird bunch.

When? Chakotay was too boring to ever be insubordinate.

>Sisko gasses a planet
The absolute madman.
>Bashir was a changeling for the past few episodes
Nice twist.
>Garak has claustrophobia
Who would have thought?
>Worf beats the shit out of so many Jem Hadar soldiers they concede out of respect when he is finally defeated
Very nice. Great Worf moment.
>Dukat secretly negotiated a partnership between the Cardassians and the dominion, and condemns his own daughter
I don't know why I'm surprised.
>Turns out Bashir was born retarded and was genetically engineered to be more intelligent, and his father agrees to go to prison to pay for it and allow him to keep his job in Starfleet
Pretty good. I love a good Khan reference and I liked Julian's story about his childhood.
>Odo fucks an undercover operative who was programmed with a new memory
What a weird episode. How does his shit work anyway? I'm sure he can fashion a dick with his shapeshifting powers but can he actually make it function and derive pleasure from it?

When they eventually get around to a DS9 reboot, I hope they fix the order of events so that Odo loses his v-card while he's a solid.

Also
>watching this quickly
Get a life, NEET.

I really don't care about the shape of her tits too much because I would turn into a stock car piston to get up with prime Chase Masterson.

I wouldn't even pass her up desu

>get a life

stop avatar fagging

I don't know what that is so I can't even address it.

Global rule 13: Do not use avatars or attach signatures to your posts.

Not him but your illogical obsession with his posts is worse than his obsession for an old woman.

Get a hold of yourself (you too).

Incorrect.

Not him but avatar fags should learn their place.

Use avatars? What does that entail exactly? Is it against the rules to post images on this image board?
This. That guy can fuck off. At least that old lady is the source of my sexual fantasies and many excellent faps. What does he get out of obsessing over my posts? Nothing.

LHWIWS is essentially "tell us our degeneracy is okay; be gone bible thumpers!". Worf is vindicated in the end and even Julian pretends that the Bajoran rite of separation is a wise, old tradition with a smirk on his face as if to say "(we use it as an excuse to fuck the natives)".

Changing my previous rating of this episode.

t. Fullerton

You post crusher, your avatar, when it is not required nor needed for your post. You use it as a signature or avatar as if she is saying your posts. stop. Reactions and appropriate images are acceptable but when you post a crusher image for every post you make you are avatar fagging. Posting Crusher is okay and fine but when you post Crusher unnecessarily every time you post you are avatar fagging.

>as if she is saying your posts
That's not at all my intention. That is a much higher level of autism than I possess, believe me.
>when you post a crusher image for every post you make
I don't do that either. I don't even post images at all 9 out of 10 times. Have you ever considered that I post about things besides Gates McFadden here all the time without you realizing it's me? Sometimes I feel like posting an image. Be glad the images I post are Trek related at all and are also not 3rd grader tier MS paint drawings.

then don't post crusher unnecessarily when it isn't warranted and you wouldn't get accused of avatar fagging. just trying to help you. it's a three day ban. i get she is your waifu but you are taking it too far

Interracial+interspecies clay sculpting

Some women are like that. They'll push you around all day because men are expected to be men and take it but the minute you stand up for yourself, YOU'RE the bad guy and she's being mistreated.

>just trying to help you
Never heard that one before.

Damnation, this is coming along way slower than i'd thought... Gonna have to draw this out, tbph.

Star Trek has always been better

Then why aren't there 80 threads about Star Trek?

because star trek fans are smart enough to have civil discussions in just one

Agreed. I was a Wars fan for years but recently discovered how much better Trek is.

Just wait until Tarantino Trek finally hits theaters.

I hope everything bad in the world happens to your. And only you.

You'll have to provide evidence that more attention = better if you want to use that as an argument.