Is Aku not as evil as he used to be?

Is Aku not as evil as he used to be?
In the first eps of SJ Aku was the most evil son of a bitch ever. But now he's more comedic.
I'm not saying it was a bad direction I'm just wondering what you guys think.
Is he not as evil as he used to be? and how do you feel about that?

Obvious bait.

He's as evil as always, just depressed.

Much like how Jack has forgotten how to be a hero, overtime Aku has forgotten how to be a villain. Look at his meeting with the water people in episode two and compare it to his meeting with the mud people in the newest season. It's two sides of the same coin.

You can't tell me that he's not different from the first few eps.
Aku was pure evil before the future he didn't really crack jokes and mostly about bring evil as fuck.
Does nobody else see this?

>the finale is aku going full japanese horror demon tier

Ah, a barneyfag wannabee, great

So you've only seen the first few episodes

I guess I mean he feels less evil around say season 3 to 5 before that he was mostly evil as fuck.
In the later seasons I can't think of that many truly evil moments from him.

BECAUSE....HE'S....DEPRESSED!
Seriously,how many times do people need to tell you this? If you're depressed, you're not really the same person

Ah, a butthurt SJ fag. So rare.

Man come on, you can just hide the threads instead of bitching and attempting to police almost every single one that pops up.

He's pretty goofy in the fairy tale episode at the end of season 1. I dunno, I think it's always depended on his mood and the context of what he's doing

I don't think that he's talking about just Season 5, user. Aku does get noticeably more goofy as the series goes on, compared to Season 1's first few episodes where he was strictly evil, no humor to him. Which is actually a good thing, because it makes him stand out. He cracks a lot of dark jokes, he hams it up whenever he's being evil, and he generally acts like a big goof...right before he goes full cosmic horror and reminds you that he's the embodiment of evil. And then he sentences you to a fate worse then death, slaughters your people, and/or ruins your life for no other reason then he thought it was funny.

Another Steven Universe fag. Great.

Ah, someone who's only 17. Of course.

Get a damn hobby instead of being on Sup Forums 24/7 you passive agressive cunt

dude needs a snickers

>steamrolled an entire army of good people in seconds and lasered an old paraplegic man to dust because he was feeling a bit under the weather
He's still an evil cunt and the humor to the character has always been there.

THIS

Anyone else think Aku would be a pretty okay guy if not for his godlike power? He has a sense of humor and is capable of having perfectly normal relationships with people, it's just sullied by the fact that he has the power to kill or enslave anyone he'd like to on the slightest whim, and is accountable to nobody.

The best thing about Aku is that he's still god damn terrifying despite his goofiness. Yeah he can crack jokes and play the bit, but he is perfectly fucking capable of pulling a 180 and destroying everything. We're talking about a literal force of nature that is capable of conquering galaxies. He doesn't need to go around and prove how much of a scary motherfucker he is. He's already proved that he is someone you don't want to fuck with.

In the very second episode we see that his idea of evil is ads of himself drinking cola and eating a sandwich.

One of the most-loved episodes in the entire series is 100% comedy, to the point even Jack gets in on it.

It's not necessarily about forgetting, it's more about lacking any motivation or reason to be a hero/villain.

Didn't he just murder an entire army's worth of people in the latest episode?

I think it has to do with why he is evil. He aint evil because of petty human reasons, he's evil because he's a chaos god. It has no real connect to his personality, its more pure then that, so his personallity is free from its influence. And alone his personality is fucking great honestly.

How would you feel if you were Aku. You've conquered Earth and several other planets. Your evil is law. Almost no one can oppose you. And the one who can refuses to go away so you have to spend the rest of your days hiding not really being much of a villain. Even if you'e destroyed one essential thing that your enemy has needed to get what they wanted accomplished, he's still there And if you're spending the rest of your days hiding after you've done all of what you're capable of doing as a villain, you kinda lose your sense of purpose.