Does heroic things

>does heroic things
>not because she likes it or thinks it's exciting but solely for the sake of her son
>scared out of her mind the entire time but pushes on regardless
>isn't aggressive or full of attitude

Is this how you do a "strong female character" right?

source?

jesus christ

Secret of NIMH

Are you serious? Secret of NIHM.

Yeah pretty much, the 'strong' in 'strong female character' should mean strong writing, not physical strength

But she's too feminine and if we don't make our female characters butch lesbians or mary sues then we're promoting gender sterotypes. Feminism is a societal cancer.

she's hot too

Mrs. Brisby is awesome, as a character and as a mom. Her eyes when she thought her children were dead at the end, though. She looked like she was about to snap.

>He doesn't know about Secret of NIMH

Mrs. Brisby is the Action Mom, to borrow a trope. She's not badass, she's scared most of the time, but yeah, she does what she has to do to protect her family. She has her own unique strength. Heroines like her are pretty rare indeed.

That was fast.

Timmy's room is cozy as hell

Before people wanted to fuck the rabbit from Zootopia, people wanted to fuck the mouse from NIMH.

The more things change...

This.

Tough physical strength or power related strength can be fine if it makes sense for a character, too.

Too often people who go into it with preconceptions about making a 'strong female lead' just make a really flat cliche character instead. People should put agendas out of their mind when establishing characterization.

Case in point, Ashi in the recent episode of Samurai Jack. Genndy is a fucking retard. Let's show a female character who is 100% human and physically even weaker than the Thick Amazon Woman who was beating her up as a child for training somehow nonsensically endure two electrocution sessions and despite this? Midway interrupt the electrocution and punch out a robotic armor guy without breaking her knuckles and then lift him up despite looking like a twig with no muscles.

Goddamn it Hack Genndy. Fuck you. May you continue to suffer after this shit ends.

Well she's a widow.

Gynocentrism is the cancer. Feminism is just a symptom of it. Get rid of Feminism and we still have to deal with irrational unsustainable Gynocentrism ruining civilization and the only reason this happens is because men are stupid beta simps who want really hard to pretend that women are in any way men's equals. To a degree I don't fault women anymore for using these chumps and throwing them away into the garbage when they're done with them.

If men won't accept reality about women? Then they deserve to be crushed by reality.

hey remember the sequel?

She's not the ONLY way to write a female character well, so whatever unrelated example you're trying to invalidate is most likely just as valid.

If we were talking about male characters, would you be this picky about what traits they're "allowed" to have without being a heavy-handed political agenda? If you're trying to tell feminists how to femin, try not to use standards even more extreme and unreasonable than the ones you want to discredit.

I thought that as a society we decided to never speak of it.

We don't speak of that.

Humans are pretty consistent in xenophilic tendencies.
See: ancient Egypt

We don't fucking speak of that, you god damn donut.

Oh yeah, and Mesopotamia, among many others Im sure I simply don't know about.

Samurai Jack has been such a complete letdown so far because it feels like it's written by complete manchildren. I also cannot believe the people defending the poor writing of the show too. A 10-episode limit doesn't excuse wasting time to introduce such a shitty character.

Anyways, Secret of NIMH may have had a shitty deus ex machina ending but Mrs. Brisby was definitely a very memorable and well-developed character.

Is there any art of her looking like a badass with that cool cape of hers?

She's one way to do 'strong female character' yes. She isn't imposing or charismatic and lacks both physical power and persuasive power but she DOES have the strength of perseverance. She's fucking great, way to go Ms. Brisby.

> Ms. Brisby is an extreme and unreasonable depiction of women

This is an animal that needs to be cummed on.

I remember finding the entire scene with her naked in the bird cage extremely erotic when I was a kid, probably a big part of what made me furry

Show me the words you twisted into that.

I agree.

Samurai Jack's final season is indeed a letdown as you put it. And honestly looking back? Seasons 1-4 are not masterpieces. Outside of choice picks? The majority of episodes are mediocre or even bad. Whenever people say golden episodes like Jump Good are grandiose I can't help but think "You're kidding, right? I hated that stupid caveman and those monkeys Jack helped."

Samurai Jack as a show is probably better than trash like Invader Zim, but still terribly and disgustingly overrated.

Ancient Greece, ancient Indian, ancient (and modern) middle east (all of it), ancient China, all of South America (ancient and modern), New Zealand...the list goes on. People have always wanted to fuck non-human things. If aliens came to this planet tomorrow, there would be people lined up to want to fuck them regardless of the risks involved.

Imagine being the first person in history to fuck an alien.

How about just good character in general?

There are loads of male protagonists that she's far better than

To taint the sanctity of marriage? How scandalous.

Jesus, You couldn't samefag harder if you tried.

>scared out of her mind the entire time but pushes on regardless
this is the actual definition of "brave"

it isn't an overpowered meat miracle doing battle with another one

it sure as fuck isn't a celebrity coming out as bisexual

you're using the term grandiose wrong

Actually, no
She's not a "female" character, her role is entirely defined by other people
Her late husband, her children, she doesn't do the things she does because she likes or wants to, she does them because she has to. The movie isn't even really about her story, it's about working under the shadow and legacy her husband left behind.

It's really hard to write a good female character. Don't get me wrong, Mrs. Brisby is a good character and she happens to be female, but she's not a good female character.

i think your flaw here is thinking that a female character needs to fit a specific narrative or personality to be considered a "strong female character" like. they dont have to have any of those characteristics you listed in order to be strong

>If you're trying to tell feminists how to femin, try not to use standards even more extreme and unreasonable than the ones you want to discredit.
>try not to use standards even more extreme and unreasonable than the ones you want to discredit.
>even more extreme and unreasonable
In response to this. Was this clear enough for you?

>To taint the sanctity of marriage?
Her husband's dead.

She's way too traditional to remarry or fool around. Especially with kids to worry about.

I have a giant house for them to live in.

Ah, I see. You were strawmanning off the fact that I criticized your disingeniously narrow standards for "the right way to have a Strong Female Character", which were implicitly designed to include only those who fit the description in the OP and exclude others with traits you personallly dislike.

The unlucky everywoman who reluctantly answers the call of adventure for the sake of her loved ones is certainly a valid character archetype. It is not, however, the only valid character archetype. This was clearly the intended meaning of my previous statement, in which I referred to your standards as "extreme and unreasonable". You interpreted this as a reference to the specific character, rather than your standards, which is a rather implausible mistake.

hey remember that there's a smurfs/alvin and the chipmunks-tier live action remake in the works? :^)

You must be fun at parties.

Lol, the swan song of the defeated.

If lying about other people's words to falsely demonize them is your idea of a party game, then I'd hate to see what you'd put on the buffet table.

>I hurt myself today

I actually did not know that existed

Or a Keyblade.

And this looks like Kingdom Hearts territory design.

There will never be a Don Bluth movies like Kingdom Hearts game.

A Great Mouse Detective World would be sick though.

but only if Freya cameos

I like you, you actually know how to argue using logic. An inspiring sight in this ever dwindling hellhole.

They're literal mouse sized, dude.
Like, they could all live in a shoe box. Also, all you'd be doing is jerking off over her, which isn't really any different than looking at images.

But what's wrong with doing heroic things because they like it? A lot of male characters are like that.

>which isn't really any different than looking at images.
But she can moan and squirm and touch my ding dong.

Those characters are either 14 and under or bad or both.

Nothing necessarily. It's just that there are so many Action Girl types that are like, "yeah I kick butt. Got a problem with it BOYYYYS?"

How and why is Don Bluth such a goddamn master at creating cute mice girls. His mice girls are perfection.

I don't think there is anything inherently wrong with it, but it has gotten to the point where heroines like Brisby have become a rarity.

Not OP here, but personally I really like characters who are more like Brisby than badasses, male or female. Afraid and reluctant but determined enough to push through that seem more compelling, realistic, and even relatable than a fearless badass.

As long as the "afraid and reluctant" part doesn't get to the point that it becomes annoying, but of course this is all just personal preference.

I think this has less to do with women in general, and more to do with current movie trends. The kind of character who survives by some mixture of sheer chance, determination, and grit despite lacking any skill or reasonable chance to survive otherwise. How do you put that kind of character into todays action film that is primarily dominated by super heroes; mythical assassins, ultra elite hackers/soldiers/spies?

I don't know why I always thought Mrs.Brisby had been the equivalent of a 11 year old girl when she married her husband, even when I was like 8. In my head, it just made sense she had been extremely young when she had the first one. In mouse terms, anyway.

Why is it that whenever someone wants to cite a strong female character they're either a stoic bad ass or some mom on a quest or something for her kid?

Because stoic badasses are the laymen's "strong character" when they think being a "strong character" means being strong and dead emotionally.

The people with taste and able to actually enjoy depth recognize fathers/mothers as the atypical strong character because it's such a good foundation to make a strong character. Strong emotions already in the works, plausible reason to go above and beyond, and good potential for heart-string tugging.

Because the notion of a strong women character is flawed because that's as retarded as saying you need to have a strong black character. If the fact your character is black isn't more than incidental to what makes them great, then your character is flawed.

Anyone has read the book? How is it?

>Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH
What the fuck?

Yeah, it's better than the movie desu.

Haven't, but the wiki synopsis paints Mrs.Brisby as less of a character and more of a narrator/framing device.

So why bother?

Pretty good, slower paced than the movie of course, and far more detailed.

Broad strokes are the same, but some things were changed for the movie, possible to give it a more 'cinematic' feel.

For a start Nicodemus is simply an old rat, not a phrophet or a seer as in the movie. Just an Old rat who's smart enough to know when to get when the goings good and has the desire to live on his own.

No big final climatic battle like in the movie, simply some rats leaving, some staying. I think the one's that stayed got gassed but it's been years since I read the book so I might be wrong on that.

Read that book in Fifth Grade. At the end of the year, they asked if anyone had a copy of the movie they could show and I volunteered, and I stayed with the teacher during lunch that day to point out to her the exact moment when the one character said "damn so they could mute it.

Good times.

changed for the movie so flying discs didn't sue them

you casual

I get why the rats were smart but why were the mice smart too?

Pretty great, lots of great imagery and development for the rat society which operates on the farm before the meat of the story the movie focuses on begins. All of the rat characters were squished together for the movie which is fine but different.

Worth the time if you are interested, I'd say.

I get why the mice were smart but why were the mice sexy too?

Mrs. Frisby reminds us that strength isn't what matters.

And that milf is the patrician's taste.

>On
>Not in
What's wrong with you?

in would risk rupturing her internal organs due to the size difference.
While on would be a one man bukakke.

I prefer not to

You can't save everyone.
You can't be a Hero.
Give up on those ideals user.

I remember watching it a fucking longass time ago
Why does everybody hate it

And yet the book explicitly states the name comes from the pie plates that the plastic discs stole their name from.

You can't save everyone, but you can save some people. That's enough reason to want to be a hero.

She was a good mother to put herself in such danger.

What a good mouse.

Rewatch it now and you will understand.

Pfft, Tezuka was doing it before he was even born

bluth Born: September 13, 1937
tezuka Born: November 3, 1928,

nigga, his balls hadn't even dropped yet

Holy hell user why are u doing dis to me.