The killing of a sacred deer

what the fuck did I just watch

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3QAY9OY-ho4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I just wanted to see her tits, was not disappointed. rest of the movie. i don't know. i'm confused. it's either some "style" of acting, or they all were on heavy doses of prozac

whose tits?

one of the very best movies of the year

don't expect you fucks to get it but at least its being discussed

not everything has to be realistic
its a movie
its entertaining
just watch it and have fun

who are you calling "you fucks," you fuck?

I watched it and it's a well made movie technically but what was the point in it? I watched it and just forgot about it the next day, what's so special about it, did i miss a story point or something

There is nothing entertaining or fun about this movie

just turn off yur bren lmao

the point was just to be a good movie

you, fuck.

>It's good because it's good.

This is the level of film discussion on this board with the alternative to star wars. Sup Forums is unironically the better board at this point.

This time it's a traditional story told in an unfitting way. It's regular people that talk in an emotionless way. These types of people won't consider blinding themselves to fit their partner. Basically autism gimmick ruined the movie

you're right lolol but i don't really have the patience to explain why it was good if you don't already know. it's all on the surface

the director has no damn eyebrows, yet he has a gf and you dont

youtube.com/watch?v=3QAY9OY-ho4

shut up. it's The Shining in a hospital instead of a hotel in a world where everyone has autism.

Jesus. Go back to watching your cape shit flicks, little boy. Go watch nu Star Wars. Leave the adult kino to the adults.

Great level of discussion on this board this is what I come here for.

BRAVO user

BRAVO

I think the cinematographer got lost on his way to a high budget movie and ended up at a crumby B-movie set instead

Worst Acting Ever
Worst Story Ever
Worst script ever
All filmed with expensive big studio equipment

This is probably the shiniest turd of the year. Dookie is so chromed it could reflect lasers

dis is u

so what are your favorite movies pals

(You)

But I really liked lobster so he deserves his qt gf. This time though there is an unsettling atmosphere but there is nothing unsettling at the core of the story, it's just that bad stuff starts happening to people you don't care about and one of the people you don't care about has to make a choice that he probably doesn't want to make but it's not established that he truly cares because the baseline for this movie's humans isn't established properly. They are not quite like us which is fine but this time we are expected to empathize as if they are like us which was a mistake.

You really can't answer that with just one title.. man can't live on bread alone

What am I, a 12 yr old who's automatically going to say "pizza". Grow up

>what was the point in it

this is how you know you've been brainjobed by dishonest film

plural movies. say as many as you want. doesn't have to be a favorite, just anything you think is good

>just watch it and have fun

>What's the point in this art? What is it's significance?
>DUDE STOP ASKING QUESTIONS
May aswell like abstract painting from a 5 year old you disingenuous moron

lol yes i was speaking to him as if he was pic related. bc he made me think that he was indeed that dumb

>Colin Farrell
fuck that

Comedy, Drama, Action, Horror.. I mean, we're on different wavelengths my man. That's a very broad and dumb question to ask

My answers would fall upon earwax clogged ears.

>you fucks
But user, aren't you one of us? Or are you an outsider that's come here to push a message? Do you get paid for this?

someone post the webm of him trying to shoot his family

Prefer this one

The way they acted was to make the characters seem stoic and laconic. That is until shit starts hitting the fan, and then they all emotionally break down until the killing 'Of A Sacred Deer'

The point of the movie is to not drink and operate.
And also watch out for autistic teens who will fuck up your family.

In all seriousness, the point was to show a toxic relationship slowly devour a family until breaking point. The ultimate message was 'don't half-ass a job otherwise you'll make it worse'

Pleb detected

ITT: Retards who hated the film and don't know why and retards who liked the film and don't know why.
None of you have even mentioned the most obvious starting point to understanding this movie- Greek myths. Ctrl+F, no Iliad, Agamemnon, Achilles, Iphigenia, Artemis.
Fucking plebs. Start there.

I knew a guy who lived in a japanese village with his dad. They had an overpopulation of deers but couldn't cull them because they were sacred, so they got his dad to kill them and so they ate sacred deer.

nicole kidman i assume since those were the only tits out in the open in the movie

what are some drama films you like, my friend.

Kino

This, it's kino af

The greek origin of the story isn't a component that requires to be acknowledged. From what I gathered, the story is a cautionary tale about letting toxic relationships ruin lives.

>I'll be useful, sir

It's based off a greek myth yet you all seem to not know it and think you understand the movie.

Explain the greek myth first

post the gf gifs

why no one in this thread say what the movi is about.

Its practically, if you ignore any sort of symbolism, "Sophie's choice" directed as if it was "Happiness"
Doctor kills someone, has to pick who to kill from his family because if he doesnt all of them will die
The myth is Agamemnon killing one of goddess Artemis' sacred deeds by accident before the war with Troy and having to kill one of his own 3 daughters in order to make peace with the goddess
(In the myth, the goddess swaps out the daughter for a sacred deer on the sacrificial altar the very last second, in some variations of it)

Captain Autisma, kill thy self.

I like Lanthimos movies but I wouldn't ever recommend them to anyone else

oh, i was hoping it was the daughter, although her body seems to have gone downhill since Tomorrowland.

Pretty sure she isn't even 18

K
I
N
O

Why does everyone in Lathimos films talks like an autistic robot?

its a meme

the father performed heart surgery drunk and killed that creepy dude's father. why isn't it a cautionary tale about hiring alcoholic heart surgeons?

Another pleb filter to the list along with Ghost Story, Good Time and more
Shit was, dare i say, KINO

Surgeons can't kill a patient. Only anesthesiologists can kill a patient

i read that Good Times was another pretentious Refn-wannabe POS with too much shitty synth-pop music.

This movie is a typical example of Euro festival bluff. Tailored for Le Croisette or whatever the shithole that awarded Kusturica two golden palms is called. It is so insecure in its plot that it makes characters exchange words like robots, for no reason other than to mask the lack of content. Every situation is manufactured like a pose, and as in a Taylor Swift video, every development is telegraphed in advance. And this does not work even as a satire because of the aforementioned insecurity. It HAS to tell you, through stilted cues, how ahead of the curve it is while you already see the finish line. And then it surprises you because it does not even bother to make a twist, like that French horror Hunger (or whatever it was called) did despite being hipster piece of shit. No, the narrative wildly oscillates between real world characters seem to live in and convenient magical realist cop-outs like kidnapping, murder, firing multiple shots in a quiet rural neighborhood and the like. This Greek will gonna go head to head with Inarritu for the biggest faggotry in Hollyjew and I hope they devour each other.

The music was the best part of that movie tbqh

That's wrong. An anesthesiologist is never to blame. It's all on the surgeon

watch it and jugde by yourself but watch it
the music was pretty good tho

>Honey, i have to kill someone in our family. Since the kids are literally the future of this family, and still full of potential, i suppose you would be the most logical, obvious choice
>Lmao fuck it...I'll just spin around with my rifle like a retard and risk our children with unecessary trauma and maiming

I was getting my appendix removed when I was much younger and my lungs collapsed on the operating table and started a far longer road to recovery. The anesthesiologist blamed himself and apparently stayed at my side while I was comatose and also paid for the surgery.

>Good time was pretentious
You got lied to, it's not pretentious at all

my mother kept whispering
>why doesn't he just kill himself?

lmao

They can just have more kids

This tbqh. He's a handsome doctor, he'd find a new wife in a heartbeat. A mother should be willing to die for her children.

It was 7/10 at best. Cell Block 99 remains my pick for MOTY

>just watch it and have fun

I feel as if many of you haven't watched his other films. They are all generally the same.
>emotionless dialogue
>critique on society

Dogtooth and Lobster are very similar. It is his style. I find it refreshing but by no means is this a 10/10 film.

I don't think that was an option, in the sense that it wouldn't have ended the curse or whatever it was.

Then everyone would've been dead, Ur mom retarded

Is this the

>we wanted George Clooney but he declined so we were stuck with Colin Farrell

aesthetic?

Can we all agree now that everything these fuckers distribute is fucking KINO

getting the anesthesia right is actually a hard job and varies from person to person and even moment to moment, they don't just knock you out and walk out of the room. you can die from the anesthesia alone if they mess it up

Dogtooth is still his best

Yeah he would be dead then his family would've died

why did i want to fuck the minor female characters so much

Whole film? I agree. Though the first half of the lobster is his best work in my opinion

I was just referencing the movie

They distribute 7/10 movies yes

I honestly thought it was going to be like Hard Candy or a blackmail movie where the father had relations with the boy.

Colin Farrell is a much better actor than George Clooney anyways, no way Yorgos would pick him

Nothing. You just wasted you time.

There have been lots of good movies this year, both high profile and indie. This was certainly not one of them.

that's because the beginning is purposedly set up like they have some sort of affair

But he probably can't find a new wife who will pretend to be under general anesthesia when they fuck. That's important to him

Why? Elaborate your argument

First i thought hes his father and the wife doesnt know about it.

Then it started to make sense but then he drove to the boys house and screamed

>I WILL FUCK YOU AND YOUR MOTHER JUST LIKE YOU WANTED IT

this activated some almonds although not that many

its a bit dull.
not sure how anons here are suggesting its one of the best of the year, unless theyre doing it because muh good director. its below standard compared to dogtooth, Alps or Lobster desu

What? It's superior to dogtooth, also what's your favorite movie of the year so far?

>what's your favorite movie of the year so far?
whats the point of this question other than an attempt to change the argument?

Well, I enjoyed it the most of all the movies I watched this year. Shot Caller coming as a second.

Nothing I'm not arguing with you, I'm curious

Dude slow zoom lmao