Willy wonka and tom & jerry movie

>willy wonka and tom & jerry movie

WHY

youtube.com/watch?v=qs-tu4fj4zA

Other urls found in this thread:

poohadventures.wikia.com/wiki/Pooh's_Adventures_Wiki
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

This seems like something from that Pooh's Adventures wiki.

>Next they release Scooby Doo and the Chocolate Factory

Why do they keep making weird cartoon crossover movies? Does this shit actually sell?

Who is the autist who keeps greenlighting these Tom & Jerry crossovers?

All these Tom and Jerry movies just remind me of BennytheBeast because all they are doing is just putting themselves in the movies and nobody interacts with them. So it's just them making a movie and just slapping the both of them in there at the last minute.

>it's fucking real

>It's a Tom and Jerry are friends episode

Fucking DROPPED!

For the crowd who needs something to show to their kids. And Cartoon Network when it can be shown on TV.

Reminds me of the Tom and Jerry episodes in the 80s where Jerry had that stupid bow tie and did no chasing - they did regular cartoon plots instead.

It would be like if Road Runner and Wil E. Coyote became roommates in a sitcom. Why are they so afraid of having Tom and Jerry do what they were designed to do?

>No more "they hit something and you laugh because you can tell how much that would have hurt"
>No more "HanaBarbara Screams"

I like how Tom and Jerry are just sort of there and none of the human characters achknowledge they exist.

I watched the entire trailer with my own two eyes and I still can't believe it's real

What's next?

The Seven Faces of Tom & Jerry?

Tom and Jerry/Scooby Doo/WWE/Jetsons/Flintstones/Looney Tunes/DC crossover when?

We need a stream of this.

Age of the crossover

Did you watch Lego Batman?

what is Pooh's adventure wiki?

Give me a Tom and Jerry VS Freddy and Jason and then we'll have something

Now I'd pay to watch that shit. Shaggy and Scoob runnin' around where literally everything is edible? Sheeeeet.

God this looks awful. The way each character drops a uniform drop-shadow makes them look like paper cutouts and the character designs and animation looks like it comes straight out of that Leisure Suit Larry game on the boat.

YOU KNOW WHY IT EXISTS!

I thought I had seen it all with that recent Jetsons/WWE crossover. I was wrong. Very wrong.

It's like an animated self-insert fanfic

Warner Bros., have you not already made enough money off Willy Wonka? Like, they did actually make the 1970s movie, right? And probably the one that came out like 10 years ago too, right? Roald Dahl is probably spinning in his grave so fast you could power all of London for two hours with his body.

This is the only answer. Go for crazy multiverse crossover shit.

>he doesn't know
Go ahead and see how deep the rabbit hole goes
poohadventures.wikia.com/wiki/Pooh's_Adventures_Wiki

We need to keep the fetish alive somehow.

i... don't understand

I'm tired of the animation, it's too bouncy looking.

In a world where GoBots was still a thing we'd probably have gotten Tom and Jerry vs The GoBots by now or something. Really makes you think.

>tfw WB bolted out the gate when Gene Wilder passed on in order to license Gene's Willy Wonka likeness
Yes, this is an actual scratch-off game
Yes, it's $10
Yes, I didn't win anything

Weird.

Well that's just fucking lazy.

I thought Sup Forums liked the recent movies. Is this another bandwagoning thread?

>Yes, I didn't win anything
user, you do know the losing tickets are what people are looking for right?

>assume this is going to be one of those adaptations that uses the story from the book but tries not to be too similar to the movie for copyright reasons, like the countless Wizard of Oz properties that go to pains to not be too much like the MGM film
>see that the costume designs and hair are exact copies from the Gene Wilder film
>the sets are animated versions taken straight from the film
>even uses scenes that are present in the film and not the book
>same songs are there
>lines are there
>has every single detail right down to the fucking title font

My god, this is an honest to goodness fucking legit crossover. Why the fuck didn't they just paint Tom and Jerry over the live action film Who Framed Roger Rabbit style, it looks like it'd amount to the same damn thing.
>"all new animated movie"

Tom and Jerry's Bizarre Adventure

Oh just to clarify since I know someone will ask, the losing tickets are the ones that can be entered into the drawing for the grand prize that is bigger than the max payout for one of the cards.

For short, got a golden ticket and didn't even know.

>Why the fuck didn't they just paint Tom and Jerry over the live action film Who Framed Roger Rabbit style
no, see, they couldn't do that, because that might actually be fun

What crossover WONT they do at this rate?

but it was me, Jerry!

Don't you dare to summone them again

The Blueberry expansion looks awful.

Only thing I heard was good from the recent movies was Red. I didn't see her anywhere in this trailer so the movie looks shit.

>Literally just animated Willy Wonka, but with scenes of Tom and Jerry thrown in

How fucking lazy can you be?

Tom and Jerry: A Serbian Film

This was the one thing I was looking forward to, so guess there's no need, now.

who asked for this

Not very deep. Pooh's got his ass stuck in it again.

You know, come to think of it, Willy Wonka was always one of those movies that I thought would probably make a good animated film and sort of thought it was a shame that it got a widely popular live action movie first that hurt its chances of getting a cartoon version. Makes me wonder if you can just cut out all the Tom and Jerry stuff from this and end up with a plain straight animated version. And that makes me kind of wish that they'd do other live action to animation things this could be done with, like a Harry Potter version this could apply, to since I never cared for the live action films and always wanted it as a cartoon ever since I read the books as a kid. But I guess a lot of key scenes in the Tom and Jerry movies probably substitute Tom and Jerry for the original characters and are too difficult to cut or ignore, fucking up that potential.

Tom and Jerry: The Silence of the Lambs

It'd be understandable if they deliberately tried to make it as unsexy as possible

Some executive at WB, I'd imagine.

Tom and Jerry: Schindler's List

Well, time to see how deep the Pooh hole goes

Cowards!

Remember that Time-Warner owns the entire MGM catalog before 1985 as well as every Warner Brothers film. They could crank these out for decades.

It looks like a willy Wonkaanimated movie was made but they weren't sure it would sell so they animated in Tom and Jerry in the background doing unrelated thing

This had to have been greenlit before Wilder died. I'm shocked it didn't get cancelled when he died.

>Literally not even a year after Gene Wilder is dead
Fucking Christ MGM has no shame. This is somehow more disgusting than that Labyrinth soft-reboot they're fast-tracking to cash in on everyone feeling all nostalgic over David Bowie.

>Jess Harnell does a pretty serviceable Grandpa Joe.
>they probably waited until Gene was dead before they did this.
>Gene famously considered the tim burton movie to be a pure insult and he hated it.
>It'll say dedicated to Gene Wilder at the end even though he'd hate it.

Oh great
The blueberry fetishists are going to be all over this shit

Is it me or does this have a very "chuck Jones" vibe.

>Labryrinth soft-reboot
are they using puppets and practical effects or CGI

I hope they don't fucking talk.
God, I hope they don't fucking talk.

THOUGH THE SKY MAY TURN TO RAIN
WE DONT MIND A DROP OF RAIN
BUT YOU WONT HEAR US COMPLAIN
DOESNT HELP TO STOP THE RAIN

Tom and Jerry in The Room

"Boy Jerry, Violet sure does look good in blue."

All we know is that it's being directed by the guy who directed the Evil Dead reboot (which honestly wasn't bad).

But the only soft-reboot in recent memory that went really heavy on the practical effects was The Force Awakens, so I can totally see them going all-digital. It's not like it's a project born of any artistic integrity, after all. You can bet this didn't have a single executive who believed in it until Bowie kicked it.

Henson Company still exists and probably needs work

this guy gets it

GUYS

It doesn't, though. When an animated movie is made, it's not typically done as a shot for shot line for line remake of an already existing popular live action movie. This is just surreal to me.

Does anyone have any other examples of this being done?

But puppets are expensive, user.
That's why the original movie had a total of three human characters, one of whom was the infant son of the creature designer.

is this thicc?

>Make mediocre animated adaptation of the 70s film
>Shoehorn Tom and Jerry into the plot

For what purpose?

I'd say even they have standards, but I know that's a bold faced lie.

Even they already don't like it

>Gene famously considered the tim burton movie to be a pure insult and he hated it.

Really? I remember reading that Roald Dahl hated the 1970s movie, and that the Burton one was closer to the book. The Wilder version is still better, mostly because his Wonka is far superior to Depp.

nein

>make a new animated movie or take an existing movie and animate it
>let Tom and Jerry run around in the background
>call it a Tom and Jerry movie
The original Tom and Jerry movie might be really bad, but at least the plot actively involves Tom and Jerry

These new movies are just weird. That Wizard of Oz movie is literally just Wizard of Oz but Tom and Jerry are in the background occasionally nodding

Many decades later and she's still as hot as the day she appeared

The Burton movie's plot and songs were closer to the book. That's about it. Everything else is Burtonized and quirky Johnny Depp.

ONE

Tbf Ronald Dahl kind of hated everything

what the fuck? it's like they just remade the movie and tom and jerry make a bizarre cameo

That's so fucking Jewy

That just makes it sound like a fun exercise in editing. How much of the movie can be cut to completely remove Tom and Jerry from their own movies? Go the extra mile and go full "Garfield Minus Garfield" by masking out the two characters entirely from all of their scenes!

Yeah, that's what I was saying. Gene's portrayal of Wonka is much more like his personality in the book, a friendly mad scientist that was a little odd, not Depp's manchild.

Puppets are cool though

Leisure Suit Larry is what I thought of too. It's the same art style.

So some executive somewhere read their kid's autistic fanfic and decided to make a movie based on it.

meant for