What´s your favorite kind of villain?

What´s your favorite kind of villain?
The villain who thinks it´s doing the right thing?
The one that enjoys being evil?
The one that was push into villainy? A heel turn?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rVHR0UPHERQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Fun, Large Emotional Range, Ambitious, and Wicked

The kind who bet it all and were actively trying to do they they thought was right.

And who failed utterly in that pursuit.

Heel turns are always great

I kinda like the villains that have that moral code, who are still sane rational human beings with clear goals and morals.

Call me a sucker but I still love me a tragic villain.
Revenge-based villains in general, really.

Any of those if they're truly written well and have some charisma.

>Although you consider us the enemy, these conclusions are flawed. We are your salvation.
>We bring you peace, a peace built upon OUR social framework imposed upon your planet. A new world order in which your prosperity and security are assured by the Ur-Quan.
>We will protect you from the hazards of this hostile universe, from dangers so hideous
your simple minds cannot imagine their dark scope.
>Today, we are the enemy. In time, this will change. Soon, you will come to understand the boon of slavery we force upon you
and then, you will revere and even love us for this gift.

What´s the Sup Forums equivalent of this?
youtube.com/watch?v=rVHR0UPHERQ

Villains that have a deep, personal hatred for the hero. Even better if the hero is a little afraid of them.

These too.

Enjoy being evil

Theoretically, tragic/believing they're doing the right thing is better/more realistic, but they're mostly badly written killjoys for the most part.

The one that is actually the true MC

The one that's right.

Tragic villains who are mentally fucked and devote everything to pursuing a goal that is good or necessary from their point of view. Griffith is the perfect villain imo.

I think this is a matter of tone. Depending on genre I might want a villain with a complicated but understandable past, or maybe a cartoonishly evil villain who only serves as someone to see them get their comeuppance rather than to empathize with.

I wouldn't want Tony Soprano in my saturday morning cartoon and I wouldn't want Iago in my serialized story, but they're both great bad guys in their series.

I like single-minded villains who go to stupid extremes to spite the hero over something that was petty in the grand scheme of things.

1. Villains with nutty obsessions; Batman rogues.

2. Villains with plans and motives that are not fully understood.

3. Unspeakably evil, Lovecraftian.

Things I love in a villain
>Presence
When a villain enters the fray, you should feel their presence in some way. They make themselves known and make it clear they're a threat
>The ability to be both menacing and goofy, and be able to switch between the two on a whim without it feeling jarring
>Sheer fucking pettiness
>Creativity
>Style

My all time favorite villain is Archie Eggman, because he can be goofy as shit, but also do stuff like pic related, and it's 100% in character and it's amazing

I always love the villains that are still very much "good", but are the villain because they ended up on the wrong side of a particular story. I don't mean the kind that will do a heel-turn either, I mean the kind of villain that totally has a good goal and the ends can justify the means to some extent. For example there are batman stories where Superman can be a villain, and Superman stories where Batman can be a villain. My favorite villains are all relatable to a degree, and they aren't just pure evil.

I also like it when a character just accepts they're the bad guy and goes with it after some terrible despair. The best example I can think of is Breaking Bad, where multiple characters get broken down to the point where they do downright despicable things... and some of them just accept that they have to fill the role they're in now.

Knight of Cerberus

The moment when in a comedic action show there's a villain who actually makes thing serious, that's when shit hits the fan

Anti-heroes are the best villains.
Venom is my favorite Sup Forums villain

What's the Rogues' endgame anyway? I saw that one page where they say that they're not the type of villians who want to take over the world. Pretty cool to me desu. But if not take over the world, then what? Rob banks then what's next?

The outrageously flamboyant and sexual kind.

Enjoy being evil

The one who doesn't realize he's a villain at all.

There's just so many to choose from ...

The misunderstood good guy shoehorned into the role by circumstance?
The raving psycho who's enjoying themselves so much that you get a contact buzz from them?
The utter and complete bastard who just crosses every line and gets away with it?
The thug who just wants to get paid and isn't actually technically evil?
The folks who only need their revenge, and it's due them so much that it justifies what they do?

I like the bad-guys that make a good point and force the reader to ask just who's right and just who's wrong.
But I love the ones who know they're wrong and enjoy that fact.

Black Adam, Sinestro, Dr. Doom and the Monarch are all my favorite types of villains. Sometimes Bane

What the fuck is The Monarch doing on that list?
(one of these things just does not belong)

Villains who you can sympathize with and whose actions are horrific,but still make sense from there perspective,I love it when you can imagine yourself taking the exact same course of action the villian took if you were in there circumstances

cute ones

He's a great antagonistic Sup Forums character.

Everyone else on that list is an overpowered dark reflection of the hero they torment,
Monarch is none of that.
That's what makes him the odd man out.

A good villain has to have a goal. Otherwise they're just the Joker.

All have their charm, variety is the key.

But my favorite is the villain-villain. Megalomaniac selfish assholes that just want to conquer the world.

Live well of the money?

Villains who are the heroes of their own tale. Whatever they are doing they consider they're doing the world a favor and feel they are above morality if it works in their advantage.

The ones that the creators like so much they make them the main hero during the development process instead.

What kind is ultron? He's my favorite villain but I would know what to classify him under

pseudo-postmodernist villain

When Daddy Issues Go Too Far

Villains who are a part of a great story. Sorry, but Captain Cuck has been in nothing good.

The villain that seems like they are doing wrong but the hero eventually learns what motivates them and essentially sides with them are usually the best.

dispassionate killer with an outlook to the bigger picture, a terminator (in the comics and EMH at least).

Noble villain with a code of honor. Sometimes they're even able to relate to the protagonist

Off the top of my head: Shishio, Stickybeard, Captain Cold sometimes

The force-of-nature hero killer is nice. This is pretty popular with Star Wars especially. Just the villain that strikes terror into everyone's hearts. Better if they're not the endgame antagonist