Do I need to be black in order to fully appreciate this show?

Do I need to be black in order to fully appreciate this show?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CxGf51Tghvc
youtube.com/watch?v=NCtvhgsgqno
youtube.com/watch?v=qFXC9bFV_qM
youtube.com/watch?v=XMt55fi7ZQQ
youtube.com/watch?v=kb2S3RvC6gg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

So long as you grew up in lower class america you be able to appreciate it, 'Nigga' is a state of mind.

T. black person

Product of early urban 2000

Not black, but urban understand or at least some knowledge of how shit is for people less fortunate is recommended. The show's not without guiding you through understanding with jokes all along the way, however, so it's hard to say you'll get lost with it.

I only like it because of uncle ruckus lulzy racism

Urban understanding*

The earlier seasons are an absolute bomb and you'll enjoy the hell out of them. Some people like the later ones - like myself - but it's really up to your preference. I know it wasn't as good as the earlier episodes, but it was nice enough in my eyes.

Regardless, buckle down and enjoy.

Serious fucking truth.

t. redneck

I'm fucking angry. Someone hold my 6.

No, but as a white European I sometimes feel bad for laughing at times, especially when you're not supposed to

I'm gonna kick your fucking ass.

I'M MAD.

>not supposed to
if there's anything this show teaches it is that everything is absurd and you absolutely should laugh at it

I'm pissed!

20$ says that most of this shows fans are actually white

is huey supposed to be taken seriously?

You need to know at least one black person.
The "nigga moment" joke works so well because it's so true.

In the comic strip, he's basically a mouthpiece for MacGruder to spout political shit.

In the show, the other writers reigned that in and made his radicalism more pretentious and annoying.

It depends on the episode. Sometimes he's the voice of reason, while others he's just supposed to come off as a pretentious dick.

youtube.com/watch?v=CxGf51Tghvc

This scene still fucking kills me.

If anyone offered me cheese I would love it. It's delicious!

>In the comic strip, he's basically a mouthpiece for MacGruder to spout political shit.
Maybe at first but as MacGruder got older he mellowed out and that's why we got Caesar as the new mouthpiece.

American 'cheese' is an abomination.

Except in Wisconsin.

BITCH ASS FAGGOT ASS PUNK ASS PUSSY ASS NIGGA

I don't get it

Oh,I'm mad now

No. But some of the jokes will pass by you if you aren't familiar with the culture and references. People like Rolo Goodlove, and Uncle Rukkus are based on real people. And many of the one off characters are based on real people or incidents. Like that Smoking wit cigarettes kid.

If you have a question that's not easily googleable, I'm sure Sup Forums will help you out. Sup Forums after all is love.

Most consumers of rap music are white. That's a sucker bet.

Nah, it makes fun of black people too.

Blacks are like 15-20% of the population. Most fans of everything are gonna be white unless its super niche.

This is true. A majority of Nikki Manaj's fans are white lesbians.

There's a few good american dairies out there. Vermont and Pennsylvania notably.

You have to be born on the east coast in a populated area to appreciate it desu famalam.

The earlier episodes have the best jokes as in S1+2. After they lost snoop dogg, charlie murphy, samuel l jackson, and bust rhymes the show went to shit. They ran out of typical topical black shit to post about so their own jokes they had to make were pretty weak.

youtube.com/watch?v=NCtvhgsgqno

ARE YOU TRYING TO START A NIGGA MOMENT?!

BECAUSE YOU SUCCEEDED!

what i really don't get about this show is that i thought it was about niggers yet everyone is lightskinned as fuck

how is this?

They ran out of topical episodes because Al Sharpton got his panties in a knot.

FUCK!

yea that what allows them to move into a white neighborhood because they aren't dark. it's a part of the show. They have dark black people like ruckus.

also pol get out reeee

Iz quite simple, really.

Niggaz come in all kin'za coluz. You got blackies, darkies, dark-blackies, black-darkies, chocolate-chimps, mocha, brown baggers, whateva shade o'shit you can wipe around. The one thang you gotta remember is that a nigga is a nigga. What ain't white, ain't right.

Trus' me on this. I happen to be an expert on the subject.

>look up info on youtube
>mcgrudder was most likely fired and wasn't even in season 4
>tried to get a live action movie with uncle ruckus

youtube.com/watch?v=qFXC9bFV_qM

damn

nah not really. but you shouldn't go around assuming you "get black people now" after watching it.

a lot of white people did this and it was really damn awkward

The comic is legitimately better than the show by a wide margin.

>'Nigga' is a state of mind.
A state of mind that has existed since the ending of slavery and is rampant even in black majority countries today that barely have any white population at all like the West Indies right?

Weren't they in the third season too? The show got a whole lot more zany at that point but the comedic timing was still there, unlike in the fourth season.

Being black but not American and reading/watching Boondocks is legitimately surreal though

All you shitposting niggas gonna die

fucking scum

>mfw read it in his voice

I'd offer to help you wit' yo bags but you's a coon.

"This isn't an exorcism - it's a beating."

"Sometimes there is very little difference."

>charlie murphy
It still hurts

Depends, are you a booty warrior?

WHAT THE FUCK

I THOUGHT YOU WERE MEMEING ME. HOW DID I NOT HEAR ABOUT THIS REEEEE.

I didn't even find out about it until like 3 days ago.
Still can't fucking believe it.

There aren't very many spots where you aren't supposed to laugh

the point is that it's okay to laugh at someone acting absurd, but it also tries to humanize even the more... out there characters and show why they might act like they do. Sadly that goes over a lot of peoples head and they think the show is just a minstrel show but whatever

It just made me feel sad, so I wouldn't reccommend it

I haven't seen a nigga moment since high school

>You have to be born on the east coast in a populated area to appreciate it
Compton tho

Lucky bastard.

No. But being familiar with pop culture involving black people during the premiere dates of each season will definitely help with enjoyment.

This

>That collective, building wide, "What the fuck?" that could be heard echoing the halls when Gangstalicious kissed that one dude in Thuggin Lovin

so is homosexuality in the hip hop community/world really a thing? I see on youtube all the time about the gay, rap, illuminati and you have to have your booty hole blown out by 5 executives with full creampies before they put you on.

Blacks have a very homophobic culture

A decent chunk of the black community is homophobic because rampant christian infections.

t. Black tranny

Na man, it's all bros, so many guys who act tough like smackin dudes in the dick, whipping out their manhood and if you feel uncomfortable for some reason you're the homosexual. I've never got it, it reminds me of when a male dog will hump another male to show dominance, but it's probably just sexual repression.

>Black tranny
Eww

Suck my immaculate asshole you useless nigger.

>Rampant Christian

Most blacks are like halfway Christian protestants that might as well just be Deists considering their knowledge of their faith.

I went for a walk the other day and passed by two college aged black dudes dry humping on a park table while making loud sexual noises and whenever someone would turn and look at them they'd stop, point and laugh at the person looking, before going right back at it. It was fucking bizarre.

They where probably doing it on purpose. College age gobshites are like that, no matter the race.

>Most blacks are like halfway Christian protestants that might as well just be Deists considering their knowledge of their faith.

Like most none theology majors in america and the insufferable kind of atheists?

>Like most none theology majors in america and the insufferable kind of atheists?

Yes.

In fact, a lot of the complaints people toss at organized religion (or Christianity in particular) come from the two demographics you list.

It's a very strange situation. Black gang culture is almost violently homophobic, yet american prison culture has mingled so much with it (or perhaps was the origin of it) that homoerotic elements are also present. But it's the prison kind of homo that's actually just a psychopath looking for a warm hole to put his dick in, so acceptance or self- awareness never come into play.

So does sagging your pants really mean you're a prison bitch or is that just a middle school meme?

Pretty much.

Its like King of the Hill

>tfw thug enough to relate to boondocks
>tfw drink enough pabst to enjoy king of the hill

I'M GONNA FUCKING KILL SOMEONE!!!

Hey, wait a minute.

I'm white!

>youtube.com/watch?v=XMt55fi7ZQQ
>youtube.com/watch?v=kb2S3RvC6gg

Except with KotH, you just need to be American.

It's an unsolved mystery

it happens more often than you'd think. In fact, it's how some manage to actually get in the door.

Do you have to be japanese to fully appreciate anime?

Yes. Exactly how big it is isn't well known, but there's definitely the black hip hop equivalent of Dan Shneider out there.

Pants sagging comes from prison. No question. Whether it means that you're about to be fucked, or about to fuck someone or both is less clear.

...Yes? The stuff is full of cultural references, language puns and societal quirks that just arent obvious to non-japs

Black people tend to be really homophobic due to christian understandings and just a fear of being emasculated or considered weak.

That's why most rappers would never come out with an album about how much they love to suck dick.

The black outlook on homosexuality is an incredibly strange one. The glorified ghetto culture is weirdly against yet very synonomous with homosexuality thanks to prison culture but at the end of the day I think its more of an glorification of masculinity than an overall contempt for homosexuality like others say. Its a weird blurred line. Long story short, niggas be gay and shit.

I WILL FUCKING KILL ALL OF YOU!!!!

Can't stop grinning like an idiot now, thanks user!

They've gotten better, mostly artisan stuff.

It's like beer, the people who actual care about producing it are really good at it and create a great product but foreigners are only exposed to the mass produced trash.

I'd argue that our top end is better than Europe's now because we don't have as many restrictive regulations and are allowed to experiment but our lower end is much worse because of the same purity laws.