What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yph0BXw_VP8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Nothing. It is absolute kino. The only problem was that Netflix thought it's too costly so they cancelled it and green lit 3 other series in its place- all of which turned out mediocre at best. This was the point Netflix originals went to shit.

Good historical shows are hugely expensive and even if they are successful will be cancelled because of the cost.

Besides, Netflix needed the money to make Standup Comedy Special #3682268 starring no-name unfunny comedian no one cares about.

>LOOK THE MONGOLS CARED ABOUT DIVERSITY BACK IN THE DAYS YOU KNOW

It was shit and mongols were mindless savages

Only Kublai cared though, everyone else saw it as a weakness.

It got cancelled. It sucks, it was a great show. The acting was good, the sets were amazing, Kublai was a great character and it was really less about Marco Polo and more about the mongols themselves. And lots of "lets make history be sexy" shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=yph0BXw_VP8
This scene gives me the goddamned feels every time.

it doesn't take place in a swimming pool

people care about Bill Burr

people are morons

I think it should have focused more on the history aspect and took it self more seriously

the action scenes were always forced for me and broke a little bit the atmosphere they were conveying

>It sucks, it was a great show.

wat

are you retarded?

HBO meme'd sex scenes
the dumb muh ninja, blind master shit

That was as far as I got before I turned it off.

Just make a show about the actual creation of the Mongol Empire, it was pretty fucking amazing on its own.

Those cunts literally dragged church towers and pagodas across an entire continent to use a decoration for their yards.

The Steppe is kino on its own, just film that, no stupid back lot sets.

Just a historical drama taking place outside of Europe, is that so much to ask for?

>you will never a season of kublai trying to invade japan and failing every single time because to things beyond his control
>you wont see him kill all his sages in crazy fucking ways

True. They were uncultured opportunists, not bastions of social justice.

Too much Marco Polo, not enough Kubali

KUBLAI!

>it sucks that it was canceled because it was a great show
is what he meant to convey

Hey, the 6000000 eyes is a great character

>creation of the mongol empire
but it was already in decline when kublai took over. sure he made the yuan dynasty, but that only really encompassed mondern day china and the surrounding area. it was no where near as large as the empire ghengis made
>The Steppe is kino on its own
the whole point is that kublai wanted to throw his nomad lifestyle away in favor of an actual empire. he wanted to embody that, not one his is ancestors

>It got cancelled, which sucks. It was a great show.
This is what he meant.

I mean the show certainly had its flaws and an especially weak first episode, but it really didn't deserve to be cancelled like this
some of it was pure kino, the soundtrack was awesome as well and waifus, waifus everywhere

the main problem was that plebs just don't care about the asian setting