My Real Daddy

Characters and the creators most closely associated with them.

That isn't Chuck Dixon...

Even if you prefer Dixon as a writer most people here connect Punisher to Ennis.

>calling another man daddy

That's gay, user.

Nobody cares about Dixon.

It's kind of a shame actually.

Ennis did about 120 issues, but Mike Baron and Chuck Dixon both did around 80 and both were usually excellent. Plus Steven Grant is really the one that defined the character. But most people online now act like he didn't exist before Ennis.

Dixon was almost unquestionably the second best Punisher writer ever.

kek source?

Frank fired a shotgun into his balls though. They're even.

I'd love to read the best pre-Ennis Punisher runs, but unfortunately they've never really been collected in trade and the writing credits are so scattered that their work is hard to track down issue to issue.

I'm hoping Marvel releases some Dixon collections once they're done collecting MAX.

Real Slott is much "bigger" and has monoeyebrow.

Michael Fleischer, Justin Gray and Jimmy Palmiotti share joint custody of Jonah Hex. The three of them have pretty much defined the character throughout his 45 year existence.

Google image searching Jonah Hex mostly brings up images of Josh Brolin/Megan Fox and I am triggered as fuck right now

Is that Wolverine?

Bane and Nolan

I forgot Dixon did punisher I just always associate him as the guy who wrote dick and tim for a decade. I completely forgot he worked for marvel until this thread

Joe kelly deadpool

Mark Waid and Wally West

I've been storytiming them all year. See:

It's weird how he's mostly remember as a Batman writer when that was arguably his worst work.

Dude did Seven Block, Winterworld, Evangeline, Rush City, Car Warriors, Radio Boy, War Man, Lawdog, Swords of Texas, The Black Terror (the Eclipse reboot mini), an insanely well done Airboy reboot, a comic adaptation of The Hobbit, several kung-fu comics, around half of Alien Legion, several issues of Savage Sword of Conan, and arguably the second best Punisher run ever. Talented guy, and probably one of the most underrated comics writers ever.