What do you want from Sony/Marvel's Venom movie next year?

What do you want from Sony/Marvel's Venom movie next year?

Tom Hardy as Venom and confirmed R rating btw

I'm kind of confused if this fits into MCU or not

It's part of Sony's Marvel Universe, but they've confirmed it's the same world from Homecoming which was an MCU movie

So literally non Marvel films (rated R no less) are about to be part of MCU canon whether they like it or not?

>tom hardy bonds with an alien symbiote giving him all the powers of spiderman
>wait, who the fuck is spiderman?
how does this work???

Rumor has it that this will have a Spider-Man but not the mcu one since it's not connected, so another new casted actor will have a cameo as Spider-Man. The villain is gonna be Carnage.

jesus christ

>Tom Hardy as Venom
Baneposting is eternal.

Sony's original idea with all this was to place minor characters in Homecoming that would appear in their own Sonyverse. Like the Mexican guy from Better Call Saul who appeared at the end of Homecoming in prison.
This is their plan to fudge their way into making people think all their shitty Venom and spideyless movies are all part of the MCU. If anything takes down the MCU, it'll be Feige not shutting those notions down before they begin.

That's a big venom

Can they even do this?

Nothing because I don't give a shit about Venom.

This is not true, they've confirmed it's with the same Spiderman as Homecoming and could even cross over with Tom Holland's in the future

An R rated Venom with Tom Hardy has a lot of potential.

I remain skeptical because Sony, maybe the low budget R rating will improve their output

No, they never said that. It'll be another universe with a different Spider-Man.

>Rumor has it that this will have a Spider-Man but not the mcu one since it's not connected, so another new casted actor

No that's not the rumour.

>they've confirmed it's with the same Spiderman as Homecoming and could even cross over with Tom Holland's in the future

No.

>No, they never said that. It'll be another universe with a different Spider-Man.

NO YOU MONGS

Sony is playing a trick. They licensed Spiderman out to the MCU for a limited amount of movies. Then they were going to double dip by also making Spiderman movies and pretending like it all ties into the MCU, which it cannot because they don't have the rights and they're not willing to pay.

The trick is that by having Spidey in a few MCU movies people will think later Sony Spidey movies take place in the same universe. But there literally cannot be a crossover. They can however use the same actor and probably will, to sell the illusion it all ties together.

It's one big IP rights scam.

Here you fart sniffing retards I'll spoonfeed you.

We live in a world where you can google anything in 2 seconds and fucking shit for brains still go online and pretend they know shit and never look anything up.

No, Sony owns Spiderman and they own Tom Holland's rendition of the character. They have zero reason to make a new Spiderman

There is not going to be a new Spiderman lmao

Sony are making a universe containing characters included in their Spiderman deal, which will share a universe technically with Homecoming but probably not the MCU itself. If Spiderman ever crossed over with these, it would be Homecoming Spidey

Make the story an allegorical tale about Aids.

The symbiote as a metaphor for HIV and how it poisons others perception of you and your interpersonal relationships with others, slowly destroying your life until it actually destroys it.

I think it would be interesting to watch and add some actual substance to capeshit.

> I remain skeptical because Sony
Homecoming was very good though.

It's a spinoff of Homecoming that won't include Spiderman.

If Venom or Black Cat include Spiderman in the future it will be the Homecoming universe Spiderman

It was pretty good but didn't Marvel have a bit of input there?

They'll have zero input in Venom. Then again that might be a positive. Marvel is the last company I trust to make an R rated capeshit

i want Carnage as the main villain and i want him to be good

What a fucking power move by Sony desu

Essentially becoming 'part of the MCU' in every way but legally. Tied to the Homecoming-verse which is tied to the MCU

>What do you want from Sony/Marvel's Venom movie next year?
for it to not exist

HE is gona be a big monster

This sounds like a mess

So essentially Holland is part of both the MCU and the Sonyverse, but both universes are separate

Wow good deal you signed Marvel

Why? Because of Sony, Venom or capeshit?

based sony outjewing disney

>Sony literally have the rights to Spiderman Homecoming and can use footage of it whenever they wish, splicing in even Hollands face in a shot to show the connection
>Tom Hardy starring role
>cheeky false advertising its part of disney's sham movieverse
lol this is rake in plenty of money and Sony can easily pull the plug on disney at any time, basically using them to gain loyalty

Sony are playing Marvel like little bitches.

They essentially get their own MCU movies without Marvel control

Marvel are dropping 50 billion in buying Fox, why didn't they just buy Spidey outright?

How much would the rights to the Spiderverse cost? Considering they got Marvel itself for a few billion and same with Star Wars, Disney could do it if they wanted

>yfw Disney buys Sony next just for Spidey

>Disney buys Sony
it's next to impossible for foreign interests to buy a japanese company, the japs don't even allow mergers.

It will be Cletus Kassidy aka Carnage vs Venom since Kassidy can easily have all the evil alt-right redneck stereotypes grafted to his character

Maybe Sony Pictures then. They are US based I think

Marvel had complete creative control over HC

They cant use the same actor. Contracts are bound to the company, Sony aint Marvel, and Hardy has a contract with SONY!

You morons don't get it. What Any means is that they'll be somehow connected but their Spider-Man is gonna be Miles Morales instead of Peter in all of their movies.

>Wow good deal you signed Marvel

They have no choice. Back in the day when Marvel was nothing in Hollywood they sold all their juicy triple A IPs like Spider-Man or X-Men off.

Disney (which owns Marvel) literally have to buy Sony to get it back. Just in case you missed it, Disney just bought 20th Century Fox.

nope. everything was approved by Amy Pascal

Tell me about Eddie, why does he wear the symbiote?

>Amy Pascal strikes again
Someone kill that broad already.

>their Spider-Man is gonna be Miles Morales

Exactly. They just don't get it.