APOLOGIZE

APOLOGIZE

For what?

George...I-I'm sorry please come back

why doesn't he work on movies anymore
american graffiti was good, why not do stuff with your billions

he's a white christian cis male Hollywood won't fund him for anything he wants to do.

Sorry George, we underestimated thebpower of the dark side.

>his cut of A New Hope was shit
>Phantom Menace was shit
>Attack of the Clones was shit
>Revenge of the Sith was tshi

This guy did nothing but shitting on the universe he created. Don't bring him back. Just take the franchaise from Disney and give it to a better company ffs.

He pulled a Notch. I still think Notch got a better deal.

>his cut of A New Hope was shit
Wrong. The bad original cut of A New Hope, the one that was a "disaster," was done by John Jympson. Lucas fired him because he wasn't happy with the cut and couldn't get Jympson to cut it his way. He hired two other editors, who then cut the film in a way that Lucas wanted (his wife also helped with the editing).

created a film franchise out of his love for B-movie shorts like flash Gordon
then turned it into a political drama that is more interesting than laser fights
only to sell it to disney for them to make it generic pander bait for mega money

>only to sell it to disney for them to make it generic pander bait for mega money
He sold it for chump change that he then donated entirely to charities.

Fuck off. He wasn't the good parts of the movies. Then when he got control he made utter garbage.

George comes up with ideas and lets better directors direct the idea

I'll apologize as soon as he releases the original unedited versions of the first trilogy.

>«He truly is the hero with a thousand faces»
>Looks at camera *wink*

at least he din't inject sjw aggenda into star wars. disney fucking made the script out of sjw aggenda.

didn't he donated all of his star wars money to charity? I don't think he wanna have anything to do with Hollywood anymore

He's well into his 70's

This. He's an idea person and works best with other people, he doesn't know how to direct actors and execute ideas properly. From what I understand the prequels were largely a result of complete creative control. I read he even tried to find other directors for phantom menace but couldn't.

this
and starwars would be saved

Wasn't part of why Revenge of the Sith was the best of the 3 (besides it finally getting to the meat of the story instead of having them meander around tatooine) because he got Spielberg in to help him? Don't get me wrong it's still very flawed but it was at least way more compelling and had legit emotional and cool moments. You could see in it that Lucas probably had a vision for the prequels that he just executed god awfully, I loved the concept behind the fall of Anakin and the Republic and Palpatine orchestrating all of it

>then turned it into a political drama that is more interesting than laser fights
Well if your understanding of politics is kindergarten level then yes

Probably a mixture of this and he probably got in over his head for a while as well, his own judgement of his ideas was probably completely inflated and distorted due to the ego of being the main man behind Star Wars and having yes men surrounding him.

Plus, he hadn't directed a movie before TPM since ANH, 22 years. By the time he did ROTS, he had knocked some of the rust off and realized how to be semi-competent as a director again, at least by his standards.

the reason the prequels are so amazing and the reason every movie after ANH is watchable is because of his complete creative control and not that of studio execs

>spielberg
he helped a bit in the animatics stage for the mustafar fight and yoda vs palps.

Lucas never did anything wrong.
Note that there's nothing wrong about causing plebs to cry about their "childhoods being raped."

Which are unironically the two worst scenes of that movie.

>why doesn't he work on movies anymore
see Red Tails for why