If Justice League is another dud, do you think DC will just stop with the DCEU?

If Justice League is another dud, do you think DC will just stop with the DCEU?

Other urls found in this thread:

batman-news.com/2017/02/17/zack-snyder-batman-fight-scene-justice-league/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

All these DCEU threads are being done by the same faggot right? It's pretty obvious that the faggot is playing both sides too. Every 30 minutes there is a new BvS thread with pics with the same filenames, making bait questions.

>if

None of the DCEU have been duds. They've turned unimpressive profits, but they haven't been true flops. If Justice League AND Wonder Woman under peform I imagine they'll probably spin things so that the DCEU becomes a Bat-verse starting with the Batfleck solo movie. They're probably going to try a Bat-verse even if JL and WW are successes, too.

>If
no Batman and robin, supergirl, catwoman, jonah hex and green lantern couldn't stop DC this won't either

It probably won't be a dud though.

WB see DC like Paramount see Transformers- its a big brand that will get asses in seats with 0 effort from the higher ups.

It won't break a billion- it has no extra pull that BvS didn't, plus the trailers haven't had anything close to the positive response the first 2 BvS trailers had and there is genuine competition this time. With BvS people chose to stay at home, now they can choose Thor or SW.

They will never stop. Just expect shit like SS rather than shit like BvS.

No. At the moment, the rumor mill is suggesting that WB is going to restructure back to separate franchises that don't cross over, with the biggest push being the Gotham Cinematic Universe given the push for The Batman, Sirens, Batgirl, and Nightwing. Technically they'll all be in the same universe, just don't expect to see other heroes in other movies that aren't their own.

It has to be an acutally good movie to survive that packed November, and since it's Snyder, it won't be.
Also factor in that Disney will shill the ever loving shit out of Thor based on the positive response that trailer got.
And before company wars faggot come at me; a scenario where Disney are a bunch of shills while JL is also complete fucking garbage exists, so fuck you.

>a scenario where Disney are a bunch of shills while JL is also complete fucking garbage exists
You mean reality?

>and since it's Snyder, it won't be.
But his 3 DC movies so far have been great.

WB marketing making sure people are talking about it, Thats why you sage these threads

I think that would be a good way to do it. Keeping everything separate is the way to go.

please go back to wherever you came from you contrarian "intellectual"

I've been a Sup Forums regular for about 7 years though.

>Batman and robin, supergirl, catwoman, jonah hex and green lantern
Weren't all those the ends of their respective universe/lines though?

that would be smart so there's no way that's happening

he'll go down in history as the director who fucked it all up

WB will lick their wounds, and ask Michael Bay to take over as lead director of the DCEC.

>We now live in a world where The Avengers are the most popular and iconic superhero team ever and the justice league are irrelevant losers that no one but comic reading losers know or care about

is he the greatest man on earth or what

It will be a dud because every Marvel/Disney idiot has already made up their mind. It could be an absolutely epic superhero movie and NO ONE who hated BvS will ever admit it.. So yes, it's doomed, but not because it will suck. Because people are fucking retards who need everything to be candy-colored wise-cracks and FUN!

yeah.. okay

Grrr lousy fun, colorful, and enjoyable movies

>They're probably going to try a Bat-verse even if JL and WW are successes, too.

Agreed, people can't fucking wrap their heads around this universe because they are so used to kids movie bullshit. Time will be good to BvS.. I already hear wayyyy more positive shit about it than a year ago. Some people are already coming around

No?

>Agreed, people can't fucking wrap their heads around this universe because they are so used to kids movie bullshit.
>kids movie bullshit
When are you going to realize this just reads as "for mature adults like myself" bullshit? Nigga, nobody is impressed that you like a loud noisey trainwreck. And if you honestly think that WB wanted a movie that loses those "kid sales"? That they want their merchandise to lie gathering dust in Toys R Us bargain bins? Then you're not living in reality at all.

Catwoman was a laundering scam or something. DC clearly didn't even expect it to be good.

There was supposed to be a sequel to Batman and Robin called Batman Triumphant, iirc. Supposedly it was gonna have Harley Quinn and...Scarecrow, however the hell that works.

But you lived in garbage since forever.

>do you think DC will just stop with the DCEU?

They're just gonna endlessly revamp it till they finally find something that works and then make literally dozens of movies that are pretty much the same.

You might argue that's what happened when they made the Dark Knight trilogy because they've sure been beating that "gritty and subversive" angle to death.

Now, I'm one of those people who kinda think Batman v Superman is depressingly misunderstood and I find it unfortunate that Justice League is probably just gonna be another "super heroes fight evil alien invaders" mobie but, hey, I got one movie I like out of it and maybe that's the best I can hope for.

Is it really shilling to promote their own movie?

No, because Aquaman will already be in production.

>If Justice League is another dud, do you think DC will just stop with the DCEU?
they have a contigency plan making a BCU

Many people love MoS. A good amount love BvS. There isn't a single normie that could tell you who directed Batman Forever.

History will remember Snyder for getting Lena Heady to bounce them tiddys around for a sex scene. Something HBO couldn't even do for the most important scene in Cersei's arc.

I honestly think they're now just doing batfamily. I'll eat my own dick if we ever see that cyborg or flash movies

No please. Aquaverse instead. You know you want to!

>If
It's a matter of when by this point

>BvS was too smart for this poster
How sad.

>>WB see DC like Paramount see Transformers- its a big brand that will get asses in seats with 0 effort from the higher ups.
Absolutely not, Warner Bros execs literally cannot help but try to fuck with the DCEU.

Not gonna happen kiddo. Only question is if JL will make 2 bil or 3 bil.

4 billion.

BVS is "kids movie bullshit." Just because it's filmed with a dark filter and has lots of menacing one liners doesn't make it deep.

Civil War and BvS both involve the same dilemma, basically both ask "who watches the Watchmen?" Bvs resolves it with "Martha!" and the trinity fighting a CGI ogre beast. This is patent kiddie cartoon plotline shit.

Civil War actually has some subtlety in exploring the dilemma and doesn't just end it with some stupid CGI beast fight. I'm not saying Civil War is any more than capeshit but it is more mature than BvS.

I want a book to be written about the huge fuckup that was the DCEU. Something similar to the Superman Lives documentary.

>le WB marketing boogieman but no Marvel marketing boogieman
>implying anyone cares about an image board with maybe 400 users max

kys mouskateer

you're not the only one

BvS was too deep for this poster. Civil Bore was garbage.

Why should anyone care about this guy?

>That's why you sage these threads
I could've sworn that sage was disabled years ago.

Is it really that far-fetched to believe more than one person want to talk about these upcoming movies?

He's verified. We have to care what he thinks.

>filters
no, Snyder uses color grading you retard. Hence why most shots have a primary source of light in them

batman-news.com/2017/02/17/zack-snyder-batman-fight-scene-justice-league/
> both ask "who watches the Watchmen?"

Not at all, Civil War was basically about Tony feeling guilty about Ultron and overreacting while BvS was just about whether or not Superman's presence was causing more good of more harm.
>Bvs resolves it with "Martha!" and the trinity fighting a CGI ogre beast.

No, "Martha" made Batman choke Superman harder. Its not until Lois comes (who someone from the future told him was "the key") and explains and demonstrates Superman's ties to humanity does Batman rethink.
>Civil War actually has some subtlety
AHAHAHAHAHAA. Oh yeah, tons of subtlety in MUH DEAD MOM BUT I DONT CARE IF HE WAS BRAINWASHED and Black Panther just plainly telling us his motivations and goals.

Uh oh! What do you have to do to get verified anyway? Give them a phone number? Credit card?

>and Black Panther just plainly telling us his motivations and goals
As opposed to Lex Luthor not even having clear motivations and goals?

"I don't care. You killed my mom" was one of the MOST blatant scenes I have ever seen. Only way to make it worse would be for him to say "I Tony Stark, AKA Iron Man, now have a personal vendetta against you, Bucky Barnes, AKA Winter Soldier. The only way to satisfy my anger is through your death at my hands!"

Literally the most Black and White Superhero story I've ever seen. Even when Superman was supposed to have made mistakes, the entire movie looked like it was trying to go "NO NO BUT LOOK, It wasn't his fault, he didn du nuffin, Superman is good boy! Its the PEOPLE who are at fault for not liking him! Like mama said, damn them, they didn do nothing for you!
And fucking Batman, about as morally complex as a toaster. Everything he does 'good' is just a consequence of him trying to kill an innocent man. Like the Joker saving an orphanage by shooting the mayor and everyone he loves who was planning to shut if down
>Literally "Batman Bad, Superman Good, Superman needs to teach Batman to Not Be Bad because Mommy Same Name"
>"Mommy Name Make Bat Good"
>"Bat Fight Biiiiig Monster With Superman. Superman Die Fighting Monster, Look Like Jesus, Come Back 3 Days Later"
>"Batman Inspired, Go Get More Supermen, Make Big Hero Group To Fight Bigger Monsters"

autism

Why are DC fans so autistic that they think BvS was incredibly deep?

>implying it wasn't

if you look at a puddle with a telescope, it will appear to be much bigger than it is.

>Not at all, Civil War was basically about Tony feeling guilty about Ultron and overreacting while BvS was just about whether or not Superman's presence was causing more good of more harm.
>Literally has "Those people did nothin for you, damn them"
>Every bad thing that Superman is responsible for is either faked by Luthor or because GOLLY GEE, Superman didn't keep the fucking GROUP of people, all warriors with his strength, from causing massive damage.

"But the cities destruction!"
Cause the guy who had to snap Zods fucking neck because he couldnt even hold him back from killing someone should have just..fucking told Zod to try and murder him and the entire earth somewhere else?

Wanna know why Civil War did it better?
Because the heroes actually WERE to blame for the initial shit that made everyone distrust them.
They caused Ultron, being untrained cause civilian deaths, and a man who had his family killed by these heroes was responsible for nearly the entire plan, not just some autistic redhead who hates god because daddy beat him.

And also, didn't Batman literally mock Superman, saying "You're parents probably told you you were special, my parents just died for nothing" ? Isn't that fucking strange for the guy whose entire change is made because he realized Superman had a mother, showing his humanity?

>having bad heroes is good
Not making your side look any better. How about trying to make your heroes actually heroic? Even the Suicide Squad has better morality than the Avengers.

>so that the DCEU becomes a Bat-verse

user, they might be losing their Batman after his movie.

Possibly.

Wonder Woman is going to get curb stomped by all the movies surrounding it, Flash still doesn't have a director and Aquaman just got pushed back 6 more months.

I think WB is going to watch JL very closely before continuing on with anything else. I think its also safe to say that even if JL is a massive success (lol if they hit a billion with BvS, theres no way the addition of Flash, literally who and knock off Conan will), Snyder is gone. His name is poison at this point.

I get the feeling Snyder is already gone and only doing JL for contractual reasons.

Speaking of the DCEU, the Wonder Woman toys are out now. Should be interesting to see how THAT goes.

but his motivations and goals were clear. He wanted to destroy the myth of superman, the idea that there is a this super strong, super tough, super guy out that that half the world's population believes is altruistic and good. Hence the "Cant be all powerful and all good" line. He wanted to prove to the world that either Superman wasnt as good as they they thought or wasnt as powerful as they thought.

It was pretty easy to understand.

>Because the heroes actually WERE to blame for the initial shit that made everyone distrust them.

But part of the point is that all the bad things were done by Lex and Batman as a reaction to Superman's very presence dummy. Lex wouldnt have blown up the senate if not for Superman. Ultimately the movie lands on the conclusion that Superman's presence IS doing more good than harm and people need to be responsible for their own reactions.

>And also, didn't Batman literally mock Superman, saying "You're parents probably told you you were special, my parents just died for nothing" ? Isn't that fucking strange for the guy whose entire change is made because he realized Superman had a mother, showing his humanity?

How is that strange? It highlights how strongly convicted he is that Superman has these alien god parents that sent him down from up above, which makes the revelation that he is wrong all the more powerful.

And while he is technically right, that he does have alien parents who sent him down, and his parents (human parents) DID tell him he was special, its all about perspective. Batman's entire perspective of Superman is changed when he sees that Superman has a human GF (whom Flash had told him was the key) that he cares for and that he has a human mom. He no longer sees Superman as a phony alien pretending at being human, but as a man like himself.