EU FAGS BTFO

>Luke is the literal representation of star wars fags spending years clinging onto the "sacred jedi books"
>Luke tries to burn them, but can't let go
>Yoda shows up and laughs at Luke and the books saying "page turners they are not" while obliterating the tree with fire

Don't you get it? This is Disney's final laugh at the EU fags who cling to their old books. Yoda says they are worthless.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mCYPOTFrr8U
youtube.com/watch?v=G48jYS8Yq1w
youtube.com/watch?v=tLt0GaIBMIs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

OBESED

THIS

LETS TRY ANGERING THE CORE FANBASE THATS A GOOD TRICK

>"FUCK LUKE" - Darth Disney

Luke: BUT THEY ARE THE SACRED JEDI TEXTS
Yoda: HAVE YOU READ THEM? PAGE TURNERS THEY ARE NOT

The new EU is even worse, bland designs fucking stupid plots, retarded original characters etc

Yes. People have decades of EU Luke fanfiction where he's some overpowered anime character. They were projecting all of that onto TLJ Luke. In the canon movies he's whiny as fuck.

youtube.com/watch?v=mCYPOTFrr8U
youtube.com/watch?v=G48jYS8Yq1w

>core fanbase to a children's franchise

Depressed Loser Luke is yet another try of the International Jewry to undermine the concept of true good and true evil.

Rey stole the books, though, just like how Disney has been cribbing ideas from the EU.

That's canon though...

>reading the 2015 Vader series and not the 2017 Vader series
Opinion discarded

...Why is Han fighting a ferret?

>Star Wars
>”””””core fanbase”””””

Everyone likes Star Wars, EUfags are a proportionately small contingency. As far as I’m concerned neither the original EU nor Disney’s new films are canon anyways so whatever

lol look at that white boi acting like he can do anything. ugh white people you know

What the fuck do you mean by "EU fags"
You shitting on Europe or what?

why are you so deeply insecure. i hope you find help.

yeah no shit. and the end of the movie tells you that star wars movies are for children, not adults.

You can clearly see the books inside the Falcon at the end of the movie though

You joke but the guy i was sitting next to in the theater was muttering “Man, white people are crazy” during the preview for Grand Tour season 2 before the movie

The film is amazing if you don't give it much thought. [sp]
Pros:
1. Leia's Superman scene (Fuck you Sup Forums, I liked it.
2. Luke's badass final scenes
3. Rey + Kylo's fight together against Snoke's guards.
4. The chick that used her ship at light speed to destroy the other ones
Cons:
1. Yoda was a meme
2. Luke's death was a meme
3. Kylo
4. Le funny quips xD
5. Le forced sjw multiculturalism with Finn and the chinese chick. At this pace the villain of Ep. 9 is probably gonna be called Donaldus Republicanus Cis Heterus Whiteus Trumpius
[/sp]

Not really. The OT and the Prequels were made for children. The Disney SW movies are clearly made for normies, man/womanchildren and nostalgiafags.

OP BTFO

I haven't seen it. I hear this movie is overly long? So let me get this straight. TFA lacked all world building and plots because JJ wanted the movie to be short with a breakneck pace. Now Rian Johnson made a Star Wars movie that drags on without even using that extra time to flesh the world out? Fuck these movies. If Disney gets a message from any of the reaction it will be that the movies need to be shorter with even less going on.

Extended universe you turd.

Knowing things is stupid!!

Cheers, peehole

A New Hope and Empire Strikes Back are not children's movies. This stupid fucking meme needs to die.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA then Disney steals the books in the falcon at the end LOLOL

Otters are cool.

yet it's shown Rey stole the books

maybe if this green manlet wouldve turned more pages he would be capable of basic grammar and not talk like a brain damaged 3rd grader.

Yeah, it's not like that ever backfired before or anything

>reading comic books
>any year
shiggy diggy doo

when are we getting a Paige Turner solo film

you ok?

I love how Star Wars """fans""" (as if anyone could unironically like SW at this point anymore) are being absolutely obliterated by this movie. It makes me literally explode in joy to watch their absolute misery as bargain to cope with their grief.

I swear, in a few months or years or however long it takes, as public opinion shifts to consider this the worst Star Wars movie ever, so will Sup Forums's opinion shift to regard it the best, the gentleman philosopher's Star Wars.

In anticipation of this, as I foresee it all unfolding, I declare I like The Last Jedi, so I can claim I liked it before it was the cool, contrarian thing to like this movie.

Then Ray steals the books. Yoda knows and tricks luke anyways and burns a tree. What the fuck does that say asshole? That it's all meaningless shit and Disney will mine from the very stuff we're supposed to not give a shit about? Except make it worse.

Ugh. This movie makes no sense.

No, Yoda says that Luke doesn't read, but don't worry, amazing not Mary Sue Rey will, since she stole them and everything.

>teh mova is gut if da buba no brein DURRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

its just another mentally ill Sup Forums-izen who got let out of his cage.

this is way cooler looking than it has any right to be

>so it is you, my old foe...
>Jedi Master Disco Sticks

found the all-destroying and ever ruining kike

It's just a way to spit in the face of the fans. Early in the script they were probably going to make Finn take a shit on Luke as a clear metaphor of what it was, and is, its objective with the movies.

I agree and so does /ourguy/

"kill the jedi, kill the sith, kill the rebels, kill the empire, kill the star wars, kill the luke, kill the force, kill the snookie, kill the solo, and make rey's boipussy wet... only then can you become what you were meant to be"

>reading
Fucking yodaposters

You know what's worse than Disney shitting all over the EU?

Disney selectively stealing bits and pieces from the EU because they've ALREADY run out of ideas.

>WE NEED TO DITCH THE EU SO WE CAN TELL NEW STORIES

this is just like how the new ghostbusters movie hated, made fun of and villified the original and its fans

So if the lesson is that the books are useless why did Yoda save the books anyways?

Or did Rey just steal them? I dont even know anymore.

Nah, you faggots said this about TFA too and even normalfags hate it now that the hype is over. They’ll hate this new one too when the hype phase ends, and if not, it’s easy to use their “it’s good because it’s different” logic against them and make them look like retards because that can be applied to the prequels as well.

It was an unexpected plot twist. Unexpected = good (logic is a toxic and problematic male construct, screw logic)

well, both films have the same objective

Lmao the nerve. Is that why they're remaking renaissance classics as live action?

It's just a matter of time and saturation

Design of that admrial chick made think she was more of a seaward admrial if you catch my drift, ghey shluld have cast anna gunn

Yeah, don't worry. We got the message loud and clear. Enjoy the ashes of your victory.

holy... 3 of the 4 pros are worse than your cons

Empire had this big of a divide and it held up the best over time.

>Killed Han, couldn't kill his mom
God had to step in and snuff out that bitches life for him.

YOU GOTTA KILL THE PAST

>autistic neckbeards vote bombing is "victory"
veterans would weep at how fucking retarded you've all become

To be fair most sons have a closer connection to their mother over their father. Also Han was gone most of his life. Kylo was with his Mom until he was 23 when he started training.

What? this is the new tactics after the Russian bots and alt right super nazis?

I'm sure will happen the same, just like TFA

the only symbolism in this braindead fucking movie is milk scene
thats you and mickey mouse

Rey and Cindel Towani have the exact same storyline in TFA and CoC/BfE. Let that sink in.

Except it undermines the whole point of change. Oh we need to change the old ways and get rid of the jedi and sith and empire/rebel shit. Oh nope we'll reset it again so the status quo is the same.

Pointless trash movie. As meaingless as that twist. A twist has to have emotional involvement in it. The twist was Yoda burning the books. Who would have thought the greatest teacher thinks the Jedi should end.

JK I'm going to trick luke into suicide and let Ray restart the Jedi. BULL SHIT. That's not what the movie built up to.

I don't remember her plot but please don't make me watch those fucking horrible movies again.

>Empire had this big of a divide and it held up the best over time.

Anyone got a link to that Yoda scene?

You know what woulda been cooler than nuWars? A smoking hot redhead dark jedi chick chasing down Luke Skywalker because she's under the Emperor's compulsion to eliminate him. But every time she runs into him things go awry because the Emperor's mindfuck over her is slipping away and Luke keeps saving her tight ass because he's literally the biggest believer in giving baddies redemption in the entire SW lore. So she literally falls in love with him (as fans did) for being so hopelessly naive and always seeing the good in people. They actually got married and had a son.

You won't fucking believe what his name was.

Making Yoga's move what?

youtube.com/watch?v=tLt0GaIBMIs

Fuck off, tumblr.

I'm going to summarize part of a paper I wrote years ago. (Maybe this belongs on /lit/)

I came to the conclusion long ago that the original Star Wars trilogy is America's "epic". Every culture has a mythology and specifically an epic. Epics used to be long poems. In the past millennium, we started writing epics in prose, and I think Star Wars was the first true epic in the medium of film. Epics allude to a much larger mythology, and often have a ton of fanfiction (where other poets expand the universe).

Humans need mythology to make sense of their place in the world. As our old mythology has been pathologized and thrown away (religion), we find ourselves grasping for something to replace the sense of meaning that we've lost. LOTR does this. Star Wars also did this.

Most importantly, an epic becomes a cultural touchstone which lets you connect with other members of your culture. I think Star Wars came to fill this role in American culture, and maybe even in Western culture generally.

Now here are my thoughts about TLJ.

Imagine if we found unpublished Tolkien papers where Aragorn was revealed to be unheroic and pitiful, or Dumbledore was revealed to be a faggot. Imagine if someone wrote fanfiction about Christ where he turned out to be goofball. Disney's deconstruction of Luke is basically declaring "God/religion is dead" for a second time. To intentionally dismantle America's great cultural touchstone is to further atomize our society (which coincidentally lines up well with a cultural Marxist agenda.)

Empire wasn't a clusterfuck of bad storytelling and mind-bogglingly bad narrative choices. Empire didn't render pointless 40 years worth of stories by introducing light-speed projectiles.

Empire didn't give us pic related.

tfw no giant weasel

When people told George he had to chill out with his politics bs in star wars they didn't mean get rid of it entirely.
Seriously, what's up with the New Order? Who are they? Who is Snoke? Who is ruling the galaxy when the Empire was defeated?

Han was such a badass. The only other person that could make fighting a giant Jewelry-wearing weasel cool is Vader.

I watched the originals as a young boy. I served two tours in Iraq. You pansies forgot what heroes are supposed to look like.

THE ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM

I love this movie. Best Star Wars film since the originals.

/lit/? It belongs in the /trash/

Let the past die... but keep caring about Star Wars and buying our merchandise!

Add to this an alien enemy extremely good at killing jedis and siths alike. Force the two factions to have an alliance in order to defeat them. Film anything you want after that.

>the absolute state of star fags

Can anybody explain? Why do we bother with the constitution I mean a page turner it is not ya know?

Yeah, I bet they thought it was some real clever and subtle symbolism.

>That whole start of the film
>New Order has a shit load of star destroyers and some huge juggernaught
>They let the rebels destroy their huge ass ship.
>Others star destroyers and fighters never assisted

>Projecting EU Luke
Nope, just wanted him to be consistent with the character he grew into by the end of RotJ. Child murder is a pretty fucking far cry from being prone to complaining, especially from the man who redeemed Space Hitler.

Disney is saying MUH FEELS is more important than knowledge.

did you even watch the movie? it was a passing thought. he didn't want to do it, just like killing Vader was a passing thought in ROTJ. In the end he didn't want to do it.

how is it this hard to understand.

>This big of a divide
Absolute revisionism, a couple critics rated it lower in comparison to Star Wars but it wasn't no 56% let me tell you kiddo

This movie did undermine its themes yeah, also the whole "don't have heroes, they're just fallible people" thing was undermined by the kids playing with the Luke toy at the end and obviously being inspired to join the Rebellion.

Brandishing a loaded weapon at a sleeping kid who literally dindu isn't a "passing thought." Besides that, Vader was an immediate threat and responsible or complicit in literally every bad thing that had happened to Luke personally and the galaxy as a whole in Luke's lifetime. He had way more reason to want Vader dead than Ben, and he had like 20 years in the interim to mature as a Jedi.
Even Luke's first version of the story, the gentlest one, is something the Luke of RotJ wouldn't do.

thats a big nose

Oh my god another new thing to remind me how bad this movie is.

>implying Star Wars ever required a brain

stay mad eu book fags