Other urls found in this thread:

darth.wikia.com/wiki/Darth_Revan
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars:_Knights_of_the_Old_Republic#Development
youtube.com/watch?v=7lpn1_ZLIIA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Good.
They also never were canon.

At least TOR isn't canon.

It already is, Nihilus is in GoH and TOR is canon.

Good. The SW canon is disgusting. Much better they stay their own thing.

official list of approved SW media:

OT
PT
Clone Wars (2003)
KotOR 1+2
Thrawn Trilogy

Good. Revan is literally a Mary Sue OC who's too cool for rules and shoots lightning and fucks women and is military genius and master planner

How did Malak lose his mouth/lower jaw?

I need KOTOR 3 so badly. It's canon in my heart, user.

Rey and Kylo should have been the Revan and Malak of the nu era

>wanting disney to ruin it

Tfw no Atton Rand husband

>he will never be canon

However, THIS eventually will be canon

Get used to say Princess Revan

TOR is pretty fucking great. The game itself isn't great (fuck the KOTOR games play like shit too) but the story and setting is pretty good. Why do you hate it? I don't want Mickey Mouse to shut it down.

Good taste. Female Revan is neat

KOTOR 3 WHEN

>no Dark Forces/Jedi Knight and Republic Commando
Get fucked.

Why didnt they use that mask design? It's the same sort of thing but I without the "can't unsee" duck part.

Revan took it off with his/her lightsaber during a duel that Malak started I think. Brutal.

Actually I don’t like it desu

darth.wikia.com/wiki/Darth_Revan

Mullet Revan superior
Aryan Jesus Exile superior

Any other choice inferior

>Jawless captain Picard

Fucking kek

How would they ruin Mission? She's already pretty annoying. I wish you could corrupt her.

Well for one thing they ruined Revan and Malak by making them some brainwashed faggots.

Why the fuck would trap jaw & Tri klops holding lightsabers?

I hope my boy Canderous is doing okay, eating his vegetables etc

add quips and a lot of them, make her lgbt friendly, make her strong female or even marey sue

As a KOTOR1+2 fan, please trust me and distrust all the "lol tor is shit" trolls

>Read pic related.
>Download SWTOR and play totally F2P the Jedi Knight story (I reccomend guardian, makes the game easyer with heavy armor and big damage output, the sentinel deals more damage and wields 2 lightsabers but he wears light armor and has less defensive skills).

That should close the whole Revan Story. For a bit more of closure of the character and his motivations you can keep going with the story till you end Shadows of Revan expansion.

>"It is good that you have never wondered what lay beneath her robes, if her alabaster skin was as white and unblemished as her face. Or if perhaps she bore the scars of slavery… and if that would stir you more. Perhaps her deferent tone would change once you held her by the throat, and showed her how far a Jedi can fall."

Holy fucking shit. KOTOR 2's writing was literal poetry.

Don't listen to this guy. The Jedi Knight story is lame. Every chapter revolves around you having to blow up a superweapon.

As a KOTOR1+2 fan, ToR is terrible.
It's about a bland a MMO as you can get, and the FP2 aspects is so restricted it makes you feel like you are playing a trial.

Any story is ruined by the terrible animations and shitty disconnected gameplay.

Emperor's Wrath > Hero of Tython in terms of story.

I'm definitely going to check it out user, thanks. I only just finished KOTOR 1 + 2 this month but they're two of my favourite games I've ever played. I'm a little sad that they didn't decide to just hold onto finishing Revan's story until the next "main" game if it were to ever exist at this point, but I'm looking forward to checking TOR out.

Darth Bane trilogy?

Good
>stay butthurt EUfag

Why are you guys complaining about your Mary Sue Revan not being canon?
You got Rey, who is just as much of a Mary Sue instead!
You fags should be happy.

>if her alabaster skin was as white and unblemished as her face.

That sort of language belongs in the First Order.

You're in charge of deciding which studio works on the next KOTOR installment, who do you give it to?

Rey has no mullet

>Revan was power. Staring into his eyes was like staring into the heart of the Force. Even then, you could see the Jedi he would slay etched on his soul.

>Perhaps you were expecting some surprise, for me to reveal a secret that had eluded you, something that would change your perspective of events, shatter you to your core. There is no great revelation, no great secret. There is only you.

>A culture's teachings, and most importantly, the nature of its people, achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves… or find themselves lacking. Too long did the Republic remain unchallenged. It is a stagnant beast that labors for breath… and has for centuries. The Jedi Order was the heart that sustained its sickness—now the Jedi are lost, we shall see how long the Republic can survive.

>Plans are fragile things and life often dashes expectations to the ground.

they were. Approved by Lucas himself. Look it up. They literally sent the script to him and had it approved.

Its only non-canon post-Disney.

EA owns the license to release any new Star Wars games, so I believe it would be Bioware or they could bring in a third party like Obsidian again.

Obsidian seems to do a lot better when they're building on other people's work though. So maybe give it to Bioware for the next one and then Obsidian for the one after that.

That's just me being optimistic though, Bioware might be a bit too far gone if Anthem bombs. And EA probably doesn't care about single player RPGs any more unfortunately.

Can confirm

>a lot better when they're building on other people's work

their original work is their most successful.

lmao no they weren't Lucas did not approve EU shit nor care about it for the most part
Sometimes he liked something from the EU and pulled it into the movies, most of the time his movie decisions would wipe swaths of EU out and he wouldn't care or even notice

And no, the old official EU policy was that only the movies are canon

>tfw can't really think of a single studio that makes great big budget RPG games anymore

Obsidian would be the obvious choice but everyone good has already left and I'm not even sure they have the capabilities to make proper games anymore.

Then you have CDPR, but Witcher 3 kinda made me lose my fondness for them, but they are probably still the best bet as long as they make it non-open world.

I don't care that they were rused.

he didnt approve all the EU shit, but he did approve the KOTOR lore as part of canon.

>Concept work had to be sent to "the ranch" to be approved for use.
>Skywalker Ranch is a movie ranch and workplace of film director, writer and producer George Lucas
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars:_Knights_of_the_Old_Republic#Development

>Kreia talks about Revan
>Revan never actually turned to the dark ide - he made a choice to conquert the galaxy, keeping it safe from a greater evil

>Holy shit! This is amazing! This means that whichever path you took in the original Kotor was wrong because you either destroyed the starforge and ruined Revan's plan, or truly turned to the dark side and became a shit. So deep and introspective about the Star wars franchise!

Then fucking TOR came out and retconned all that moral complexity away. Revan did fall to the dark side, typical redemption story, got stuck in a ghost prison. Garbage.

I do. It makes their character arc feel pointless and trite.

>>Concept work had to be sent to "the ranch" to be approved for use.
>"the ranch"
Yea, the people who worked in licensing, of course they go over everything to make sure they don't do something too retarded. George never read the "script" of KotoR and would likely no know wtf it is if you asked him.

youtube.com/watch?v=7lpn1_ZLIIA

Revan was THAT close to be included in TCW, which was Lucas' precious personal project

>they literally named the new death star after him
>not cannon
um think again sweetie

>some EU loving manchild wanted to put Revan in a cartoon
>George told him to fuck off
Super close.
Based George, saving canon from shitty EU

the ranch is literally the private home of George Lucas, which I also quoted but you ignored.

You're really bad at this.

You mean they named him after Luke which is what he was named after.

They didn’t take it from tfu

Starkiller was the concept name for Luke Skywalker Back in ‘77 or something like that, that’s where Disney (and tfu) got the name from

And George did not personally review EU material, he had Pablo the Slave for that and probably others.
It's very evident from multiple interviews that he does not give a fuck about EU and did not even consider it in the same "universe" as his movies.
Stay mad EUfags.

after episode 8, are you still going with the disney "canon"??
I don't. That's like making the iron man movies the new canon for the comics.

>Starkiller comes from some videogame
FUCKING EUFAGS

the actor is still somewhat young, they could make a decent movie from that game, certainly better than the squeels we have now

again with the false equivalence of "all EU" with "KOTOR lore".

Stay sub 85 IQ, Jamal.

>acts like a nigger
>calls others nigger
Shit, set projecting to maximum.
George does not know what KotoR is, and never will. Stay salty.

>Mullet Revan superior
looks dumb, all the revan faces are bad
>Aryan Jesus Exile superior
truth

>all the revan faces are bad
Short blonde haired female dyke Revan would like to have a word with you

>being this retarded

Literal brain damage. Killing Revan to jack his pants and speeder sure is a great and fulfilling story arc. TORfags and TCWfags ruined Star Wars forever. They're practically one in the same

Regan may have been a Sue (which is less of a problem for a videogame protagonist) but at least he had an arc, either redemption or truly embracing evil, unlike Rey.

Lmao kys faggot the game is cancer I'm laughing at you and your level 20 so hard shit cunt
Inner you think the fallen empire are sew kewl

You know there's another movie yet, right?

I don't think you understand what a Mary Sue is you sperg
You've gotten it wrong in this thread alone 5,6 times

Glad I’m not the only one. Heck this gave me an excuse to view EU canon as only canon for the OT, not the prequels (which are part of Disney canon)

Kylo is basically Revan and Rey is basically Bastilla

Good, Kotor is the best thing to come from Star Wars, this includes the original movies

If anything the entire universe should be rebooted AROUND Kotor, the Mandalorian and Jedi war

THIS is what should have been the "clone" wars because they were two wars back to back about destroying the republic

That's okay, it's too good to be canon.

If you include Thrawn you might as well include all EU canon.

Basically true SW canon is:
OT, PT, EU before 10-20-12

She hasn't had any progression or challenge to overcome in 2 movies so far. Defeating Kylo (or Hux if Kylo tries to redeem himself) doesn't count since she has already BTFO'd him and no way will Disney allow her to become a villain or be defeated by Kylo, which are the only interesting things they could do with her character at this point.
TLJ was their chance to give her any development and they didn't.

You know how I know you're a Soyboy Disney shill?

Except Rey is way more boring. Revan was undoubtedly more powerful than Bastila, Bastila actually had a character struggle (bitterness about Revan and not sure if he deserved redemption) and fell to the Dark Side which they're not gonna let Rey do.

You don't, you just want me to be in order to confirm your preconceived notions now that you got BTFO.
NuCanon is just as bad and shitty as old EU. The only thing I take pleasure in that Disney has done is causing the massive amount of butthurt in EUfags.

Are the Rogue Squadron games canon?

The thing is though, user was right. Lucas canon was the only actual canon. EU canon is just a made up idea by the EU fandom. Disney has nothing to do with it. This was a Lucas policy.

This. EU had some great stories but they were few and far between. A lot of it was cluttered shit. Some of the arcs were afflicted by horrible writer swaps, also, so we would get one or two great books in a series and then two decent books and then three or four that significantly sucked. Rinse. Wash. Repeat.

Filoni has already tried once. He's in a higher position now than he's ever been before. Watch it happen

>implying everything disney has done isn't worse than the EU

Completely agree

Once it's canon it's canon. Disney cannot ruin it short of retcons (which they won't bother doing because they don't care about this era). In turn it means it MAY affect future plots as a point of reference and call back. It's win-win

Kevin J Anderson should not be allowed to write books.

Half of the premise of ABY EU was that Palpatine cloned himself on a deep core planet and made some super weapons no one knew about and then the other half was strange masochistic space men who worship Old God looking entities and the ramifications that follow their invasion.

Oh yeah and a blue alien who could beat anyone in tactics by studying his enemy's art. No exaggeration.

i thought malak was taller than revan

like a lot taller

Clone Wars 2003 should be mandatory.
It establishes a lot of the characters and scenarios for ep 3, and most importantly Grievous and why he is weak and coughing.
I marathoned it back then just before going to the theater to watch ep3, and the seamless connection was awesome.

Good. Jews should keep their greasy fucking hands away from KotOR.

Reminder that Knights of the Old Republic was pure dogshit that was even worse written than the Disney jew reboot.

And Knights of the Old Republic II was pure kino writing that puts anything else ever written in a Star Wars movie/game/"book" to shame.

>unfinished
>pure kino

>Nihilus is in GoH
In what?
Also, why the fuck would they ever put Nihilus is anything but Kotor 2? That's like taking Mr. Hyde and putting him into something else without Dr. Jekyll.

Not OP, but there is a mod that adds a lot of cut content that was still on the CD

I think kotor2 is superior in every way except for the game balance and the tightness of the story, due to the rushed release. The game balance is the biggest issue because of how easy it is and how overpowered you can become

Even with the mod, there's still no proper ending.

I just want Mission to have a shock collar and for it to be used often in place of quips

>except for the game balance
You mean the game was more balanced in the first game where ranged combat was completely worthless? Ok.

KOTOR 2 > OT > Thrawn Trilogy > KOTOR > Clone Wars > Prequels > nuWars

You kill Kreia and go to the unkown region to join up with Revan

Ranged was worthless in both, thats not game balance, game balance means every fight is easy and you can roll over every enemy with not a single issue if you are somewhat experienced at D&D style games, even on the hardest difficulty