Old Men

Where is the charming old pervert characters in western cartoons?

Being a pervert hasn't been normalized in the media here to the extent that an old perv trying to grope teens and peek at their panties would be considered charming. Being a pervert it's reserved for villains, it's not a "boys will be boys" or " men, amirite" thing in this culture

Male sexuality is frowned on.

>Perverts in modern day age
Take a wild guess why we don't see them anymore

Its a thing for really old characters though. Last time I saw a joke with that context in a western product was the movie Krampus, where the mother character puts santa claus photos on the wall and notices Santa checking out her daughter.

So if the character is a somehow a very harmless dude who wouldn't get women anyway, its a thing.

Stalking and molestation are taken seriously in western countries.

These triggered faggots

>>>/kys/

where are any kind of perverts?
western cartoons are really missing out

In the East, the pervert comedy characters are equivalent to the town idiot.

In the West, our prudish, and often overbearingly moral sensibilities ruin shit for everything.

Kek where is this from?

We don't take kindly to rape in the west.

Yuusha ga Shinda

Different cultural mores. Roshi is probably responsible for more edits to DBZ in the 90s than all of the violence put together.

And to be fair, nostalgia for Roshi and his North American VA aside, usually the pervert character is an awkward one-note joke character anyway. Like, did anyone ever actually unironically like Miroku from Inuyasha?

This needs to happen more in western animation

What is the definition of charming?

But it's not presented as a funny, lovable jerk type characteristic, just something dirty.

Also there's a difference in intensity. You can maybe have a character noticeably check out some young women in the west and still be a lovable character, sure. But actively grope girls so they scream, and have trying to peek at panties or being a lecher or whatever be a huge characteristic, their main hobby in a way? It'd sink them into "disgusting creep" tier, and they wouldn't be fit to be a full member of the good guys, in a way.

Retards

There's loads of tits and sex jokes in French comics user

It's what the situation is, dude, the reason for why there are no "lovable pervert" characters in American media.

Are you so dumb you confuse that with their actual personal opinion on what's right?

What about Quagmire

It was never "normalized", it was always a fucking joke. The Japs have a special unit of police that is focused solely on catching perverts and molesters on trains. It's not fucking accepted or normal. Rather that's why their comics are full of sex — because they need to completely suppress sexuality in their everyday lives due to how socially conservative their society is.

But now 99% of all normies have a terminal case of autism that prevents them to distinguish between real life and drawings; jokes and serious statements. In their addled brain, everyone who enjoys sexy drawings of women being sexually harassed are violent sociopaths who are biding their time and looking for the slightest opportunity to molest a woman and everyone making rape jokes are actually dead serious and really think it's OK to rape.

No. Fact is it's the feminists aka you.

Quagmire is the parody of the lovable pervert. Except in a retarded shit-for-brains way. Back in the 80's, there were adult comedy movies like Revenge of the Nerds and such, where the protagonists we were meant to root for got away with behavior that was anywhere from sexual harassment to rape. Those were fucking comedies — those were JOKES. Except some autist who grew up watching those movies and then went on to write for Family Guy went "wow, those things were fucked-up if you think about them, I should make a character that's a fucking piece of shit rapist, but everyone thinks he's a lovable scamp to satirize those movies", literally a "that's the joke.jpg" moment — they fucking missed the point completely. No one thought that was acceptable behavior. No one needs it shoved in their face to realize it was fucked up. It was structurally the same thing as an action hero going after the guy who had his family killed and murdering 200 people in the process — it's revenge, so it should be satisfying overkill with the antagonists utterly destroyed.

Except one is murder, so no one gives a shit, and the other is rape — have you heard that rape is bad? Just thought I'd remind you, because people need to be reminded every day, or they forget.

I don't think the borderline rape in Revenge of the Nerds was presented in a "rape is bad" sort of way. It was a "good for him" moment. I mean, contrast Always Sunny in Philadelphia which makes rape jokes all the time but they are never like "this rapist is such a cool guy" like 80's movies did. Tbh I think you're the one missing the point.

No, it's just that you're a shallow thinker. Before, you could make rape jokes without clarifying for everyone that rape is bad. Now you can't. Before you could make a positive character rape someone who "deserved" it as a one-off, now you can't. It was simply seen as a type of overblown revenge: the girls humiliated them sexually and they retaliated with a more extreme form of sexual humiliation. The humor hasn't changed, and the people haven't changed. Those films are still funny today. But today's society goes apeshit over rape jokes. Male on female rape in particular, because the jokes where the guy gets raped are alive and well.

I blame the feminists with their retarded "rape is the worst thing in existence and everything is rape" narrative.

Look at this guy think he's running some advanced analysis of pop culture and manage to miss the point harder.

Well, now I want a Pervers Pépére cartoon.

or rather, it was, then it was very recently de-normalized
the main problem with that being that they also completely retconned the past so that it had 'always' been unacceptable. except it hadnt.
that or they watch old media and act like 'wow times sure have changed' and.. you are not young enough to be saying that about something from 12 years ago.

shit what was this image
plus we got this bullshit 'consent' idea. that's not what rape is about. consent doesnt make it okay.

Wat? Wat a waste of loli.

And yet Quagmire is still somehow better than modern Brain.
My god, what happened?

No one appreciates deep love anymore either.

>But actively grope girls so they scream, and have trying to peek at panties or being a lecher or whatever be a huge characteristic, their main hobby in a way? It'd sink them into "disgusting creep" tier, and they wouldn't be fit to be a full member of the good guys, in a way.

Really depends on what piece of media we're talking about. That character could work on pretty much anything thats rated R-16 to 18. You can never play those quirks off as charming or positive qualities, but you can definitely play them straight with a character who has obvious glaring flaws to him.

You wouldn't get a character like that in a new cartoon show, but lessay Kick-Ass the movie or Deadpool would get an R-18 tv show, animated or live? You could see that character there, even working for the good guys.

You.

Not it wasnt.

You are forgetting the early 50s to below.

As long as the character is handsome, its ok.

>charming
??

How does the trap go from her left hand to her right?

like, did anyone ever actually unironically like Miroku from Inuyasha?

Yeah, I thought he was hilarious.

Plus he got best girl in the end.

That and they would just add romantic music to it like when John Wayne forced himself on that chick in that one scene of the movie where he played Ghengis Kahn.

Goddammit, the Abrahamic religions fucked up everything, didn't they?

I never liked that archetype anyway.

Anime was actually worse in the 80s. Here's Happosai from Ranma 1/2 who gets is power from being a pervert.

Go away, Varg, we aren't going to help you burn down churches and murder priests.

We do. Were just not allowed to call then perverts anymore.

When women call men perverts it simply means:

"Not attracted to you, but if you were a Chat/Bad Boy/Rich motherfucker? Totally spreading the legs."

Look at how many OLD rich men still get youthful pussy.

Chat? Who is Chat? I know Chad, but not Chat.

Roshi served a good purpose besides perving around. He taught Goku, he provided a home for that deadbeat Krillin who was mooching off him. So yeah the guy had other uses besides being proudly straight.

Miroku from Inuyasha? That guy was annoying. But then again everyone in that series was shit. Rumiko Hackashi is a hack. I will never comprehend why people think her writing is good. Her female characters are the most annoying bitches ever created.

Also related to the topic, anyone else dislike when a male character is NOT perverted yet the other characters treat him as such. Franky from One Piece comes to mind. The guy doesn't give a shit about pussy or dick yet everyone treats him like a sleazy pervert because he dresses in a speedo in a WORLD mostly composed of water and beaches.

I'm Chat

This

Chat who?

Matter of fact, let's bring shoving your fingers up a stranger's asshole as a friendly joke to the west. It'll be great.

Anime was worse in the 80's, but it was in smaller doses.
Also, Happosai ruined that show when he became the main antagonist between seasons 3-5.

I fail to see the problem.