Okay, so we all know that Superman is going to come back in the Justice League movie. The world and his wife knows it...

Okay, so we all know that Superman is going to come back in the Justice League movie. The world and his wife knows it. The only way you wouldn't know is if you were the most casual of normies. That or a nomadic eskimo.
So, the big reveal is obviously going to be Green Lantern. And it's obviously going to be Hal. It'd be a nice surprise if it was Jon or Kyle but they're just not as well-known or marketable.

So, what I'm wondering is - when is he going to show?
I think it'd be pretty awesome to have him show up during the final battle with Darkseid but more likely than not he'll just end up being in a post-credits teaser for the GLC movie

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pCFTNTDy5wE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

He arrives during the battle because it's his damn job, that's all the explanation you need

>when is he going to show?
A light show
Also I heard that from the leaks, that they only reference Green Lantern and that /ourguy/ Martain Manhunter makes an appearance at the ending credits but I highly doubt that. Fuck Cyborg.

>It'd be a nice surprise if it was Jon or Kyle but they're just not as well-known or marketable.

I'd bet money that the opposite is true for Jon. Comics readers know Hal, but a generation of normies grew up watching Jon as their Green Lantern on the DCAU shows, which were a billion times more popular and widely seen than any comic.

Not only is Jon more popular, but it would give DC a stick to beat Marvel with over diversity.

>obviously Hal
>nice surprice Jon or Kyle
>no Guy

Fuck you.

>it would give DC a stick to beat Marvel with over diversity.
How so? At this point Marvel's got Falcon, Black Panther, Luke Cage, and War Machine just to name their black guys. Having Cyborg and John wouldn't really be much to brag about at this point.

Marvel's might beat them to the punch with Captain Marvel depending on what that movie is like. It seems like they only movie that's only got a good chance of being made soon if Justice League doesn't do well is Aquaman.

Marvel could even make a movie before WB makes Green Lantern with Nova or some other character that seems similar to Green Lantern if they don't make Captain Marvel seem much like Green Lantern.

This might work in WB's benefit however in some sense because although it takes away from the uniqueness of Green Lantern, it might make it easier to make a Green Lantern movie that audiences have a good reception to.

>implying that DC studio execs give a damn what the Green Lantern's job is and not what will make the most money

youtube.com/watch?v=pCFTNTDy5wE

It would be pretty cool if, instead of yet another fucking origins re-telling, the GLC movie featured all four of the Lanterns already in action

>So, what I'm wondering is - when is he going to show?
probably never

they'll change plans, push GLC back and say it's coming soon and then just keep pumping out more Batman-tangential movies and never bother with GL again

Green Lantern is a shit property and was a shit movie. It does not translate well to screen at all and needs to be left the fuck out

OP, is pic related because you're a faggot?

Marve;'s Captain Marvel beats DC to the movie with a Captain Marvel title and a movie about a space cop.

Green faggot does not need to apear

They already have the "Human uses alien technology he does not understand" angle with Cyborg. They don't need two guys with the same gimmick.

user, they are already pushing Cyborg, why would they use a lantern that isn't even in the current JL line up?

If they do use a lantern, it will be either the woman or shooty mcgunso'lot.

Don't tell me you can't see it.

Because with Cyborg that allows them to use the white Green Lantern instead of the black one. That is the reason why Cyborg exists on the team.

>That is the reason why Cyborg exists on the team.

I thought it was because they've been pushing him for the sake of diversity since the start of the New52 even thought he's a boring character who has little to no chemistry with the team.

Cyborg is the token minority character shoehorned in for being black. He just happens to have a similar enough power type to a green lantern, in random human guy given alien technology to be a superhero in the JLA thing.

That's why we don't need them to not understand the ring, make Hal experienced. Easy peasy.

>manhunter after credits and GL in the movie
You fucking wish.
GL after credits and no manhunter, of course, is the highest you can hope for.

No Justice League adaption has ever used a 1:1 roster of the at the time comics team.

Why?

DC doesn't make changes to the roster that much nowadays.

Comes in last minute to arrest the big bad when it looks like the other heroes are defeated.

>last minuet plot device out of nowhere fixes major problem

Yeah, that sound's like the DCEU.

They change all the time, just not in major ways.

Cyborg is a lot smarter than Hal

What's your point? Intelligence and experience aren't the same thing.

That Hal is more of the same damn thing and not needed when they already have Cyborg.

And any appearance of a Green Lantern in the DCEU right now would be the exact opposite of what you are saying, it would be an incredibly inexperienced guy who just got the ring and does not know what he is doing.

And the DCEU already have the new ordinary guy gets amazing super space technology in Cyborg.

>>last minuet plot device out of nowhere fixes major problem
I don't know when this has happened yet but you must not know shit about Green Lantern. Defending Earth is their job. Arriving for a battle is not really "out of nowhere".

>it would be an incredibly inexperienced guy who just got the ring and does not know what he is doing.
Why? Because you say so? It's fiction you idiot, you can do what ever you like.

We got a Batman that's been around for decades why can't we have a GL that's been in space?

Superman is brand new, Aquaman is brand new, Flash is brand new, Cybord is brand new

yea totally makes sense for a lantern to go around for decades, but totally ignore that Kryptonians invadng anf ducking the planet up event

He. Was. In. Space.

Aquaman isn't brand new, he's been a metahuman his whole life. Just because he didn't give a fuck about the rest of the world doesn't make him non-existant.

he was busy not existing in this continuity

But he could easily be written in, just like all these other characters can and will.

I'm not so sure Warner will try another green lantern after the shitfest that was the previous movie.

The character is not fortunate enough to be heavily linked to Superman or Batman for a reboot.

I mean I agree but that's a different point considering there's a GL Corps movie in pre-production phase.

Fuck Green Lantern, I want Hawkgirl back

based

>there's a GL Corps movie in pre-production phase
does "we'll make it eventually" really count as pre-production

Probably along the same lines as that Captain Marvel movie they have been talking about for the last 7-8 years. Only one they ever confirmed was the Rock for Black Adam.

Well they're casting at least.

Only green lantern that would work is a tv series about different green lanterns each episode (and none from earth, but maybe cameos or mentions) but exploring the other worlds, species, races. It would be new original, have verify, so it will never ever happen.

Shame we never got that proto-Young Justice GL show.

I meant it's a bad idea to have a character that has not been established pop in at the end and just fix the problem. It would be the equivalent of The PPG showing up in the final episode of Jack and kill Aku without any warning.

That kind of stunt is something I almost expect from DC now.

No it's the equivalent of Green Lantern showing up to join the Justice League, a team he has historically helped create.

And to clarify; Flash, Aquaman, Cyborg, Mera, they're all being established in the movie. Who cares if GL is a little late.

If Justice League is still a two part movie (which I assume it is with Steppenwolf being the main baddy and not Darkseid) then I don't see the issue with him joining near the end. But if anyone's going to be the surprise return near the finale, it's Superman.

Are they? Absolutely none of the GL casting rumors have been credible at all.

They're saving Superman as the big surprise for JL 1, no way would they let GL steal that thunder. If they bother using GL at all it will be a cameo in JL 2 at the earliest.

>after credits scene

Why would WB lower themselves to that now? They didn't in MoS or BvS and after the Logan director fucking wrecked the after credits scene by saying its awful storytelling I doubt they will.

Outside the panel.

it's jessica cruz

they need more minorities and another chick, and they need a lantern with no baggage from the 2009 movie

also, created by johns

That is how I know you are a stupid moviefag. DC doesnt give a flying fuck.

The difference is that people actually give a damn about Green Lantern. Or at least, more of a damn than those other guys.

dc might want hal, sure
but warner bros might not, and it's their movie

Really?

Cyborg might be new but Flash has been operating for at least a little while independently and Aquaman is certainly not new lol. Also, convenient that you left out Wonder Woman.