Toonami Ratings for 4/15/17

Attack on Titan S2 will replace Jojo's Bizarre Adventure starting this Saturday at 12:30am. Demarco hopes to run Stardust Crusaders "soon"

Adult Swim is funding two new 6 episode seasons of FLCL. Expected release 2018.

This week we had a double Jojo special to finish out the season, and it did pretty mediocre. Jack continues to do strong despite a slight drop from prior weeks. Yet again, the big ratings black hole of the night was Gundam, even being edged out by Naruto. Hopefully AoT can bring some life back to the center of the block.

11:00 Samurai Jack 1297 0.66 848
11:30 Dragon Ball Super (r) 1000 0.50 647
12:00a Sand Whale and Me 881 0.43 549
12:05a Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters 924 0.45 577
12:30a JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure 829 0.42 535
1:00a JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure 747 0.36 464

1:30a Hunter X Hunter 687 0.33 422
2:00a Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn 555 0.26 338
2:30a Naruto: Shippuden 562 0.26 339
3:00a Ghost in the Shell (r) 510 0.25 337

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5vRlJrkxsqo
programminginsider.com/ratings/final-nationals/saturday-final-nationals-nascar-on-fox-outdraws-both-nba-games-on-espn-and-abc-combined/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Jack continues to edge out Family Guy

8:00 Dragon Ball Super 0.54 870 0.35 443
8:30 Bob’s Burgers (r) 0.48 712 0.30 382
9:00 Rick & Morty (r) 0.52 787 0.34 437
9:30 Rick & Morty (r) 0.56 845 0.40 508

10:00 Family Guy (r) 0.76 1119 0.56 718
10:30 Family Guy (r) 0.82 1290 0.64 825

KotH is starting to pull those early risers again

3:30a Bob’s Burgers (r) 453 0.22 283
4:00a Rick & Morty (r) 474 0.25 316
4:30a Rick & Morty (r) 491 0.27 342

5:00a King of the Hill (r) 533 0.29 369
5:30a King of the Hill (r) 563 0.30 384

Best

>Jack continues to do strong despite a slight drop from prior weeks.
>despite a slight drop from prior weeks
WHAT DID WE SAY Sup Forums

Another one bites the dust, JoJobronies.

Stardust Crusaders will gain more traction once fans realize this is where the stands come from.

People just really don't fuck with Dragonball Super. They really made a bad choice IMO.

I really like Jojo and Gundam, even though I've already read Jojo.
What does that say about me?

>that Sand Whale and Me drop and increase to Kai

THE BEST

youtube.com/watch?v=5vRlJrkxsqo

Not even adult swim can resist cord cutting. Is all television seeing rating drops?

what's with the fake news that jack is doing well, family guy would be doing much better in the same slot and the rest of the block would be healthier that way

last year's ratings for example

11:00 Family Guy (r) 1751 0.80
11:30 Family Guy (r) 1895 0.87
12:00a Dragon Ball Z Kai 1385 0.62 787
12:30a Dimension W 1143 0.52 659
1:00a Parasyte: The Maxim 1026 0.45 574
1:30a Samurai Champloo 856 0.37 468
2:00a Naruto: Shippuden 779 0.32 411
2:30a One Piece 649 0.27 343
3:00a Kill La Kill (r) 640 0.27 345

programminginsider.com/ratings/final-nationals/saturday-final-nationals-nascar-on-fox-outdraws-both-nba-games-on-espn-and-abc-combined/

Its a bummer, cause it legit gets good later. They would have been better off showing the movies and then skipping to the first tournament arc, but probably they have a contractual thing with Toei.

>it legit gets good later
>later
C'mon, user. You Superfags have been saying that for months now. How much longer do we have to wait, user?

> a revival season of a 10 year old cartoon is doing worse than one of the most visible shows in television animation for the past decade

Wowsers, gonna need a real Sherlock to solve this mystery. Considering Jack has been holding steady at 1.3 million, that's great retention.

Thats cute that you think they will air it

The first episode of Hunter X Hunter aired on Toonami on April 4/16/16, so it has been a full year since it came to the block. Doesn't seem like a year to me desu.

What are your thoughts on Hunter X Hunter's first year? How do you think Toonami has been doing this last year with regards to Hunter X Hunter (like how you feel about its ratings or how it adds/detracts from the block)? If you've seen the sub, how do you think the dub holds up compared to it? Or any other thoughts about it?

>last year

AS has seen 35% viewership drop all around since last year

5 mins = bathroom + snacktime

Too long, I admit, but thats why most people just skip the first two arcs.

I barely ever watch it

It would be doing fine if they didn't agree to this retarded two slot airing thing. They should have just fucking said no if Toei wouldn't at least let it be structured how the Kai rerun was

Its an interesting show with interesting characters but it seems like it drags on forever and the endings to each arc seem to leave me with a feeling of incompleteness.

But not Toonami. We have to stick with it all the way through.

NO EXCUSES

No, AS just has a generally shitty schedule. Turns out people actually don't want to watch the same 3 Seth shows every single night when they can just flip on Netflix to something not terrible

It's been awful and a waste of a slot a short show could have had, but this current arc has actually had me paying attention

Yea it kinda is, Family Man was only getting 1.2-1.3 at 11:00 in 2017 before Jack started

NO FUCKING EXCUSES

So, how long until CN pulls the plug on this ratings black hole that is Toonami?

I wonder why

When they finally air those 2 new seasons of FLCL but that might be AS's decision now

Why would anyone watch that, though? Why would they even ruin the ending with more seasons?

because they don't know the glory that is lucifer and the biscuit hammer

Weekly reminder that One Piece is the best selling manga WORLDWIDE.

WHERE'S THE FUCKING PICTURE

Muh nostalgia

WHERE'S THE FUCKING TEXT

Why is Toonami so lame?

It can barely compete with family guy reruns from 2006.

Weekly reminder that Wan Piss is no longer on the block.

Bobobo on Toonami WHEN

Sorry, I forgot it.

Gundam is doing fucking terrible. I'm beginning to have doubts whether they'll show IBO Season 2.

Never really cared that much for One Piece, I just like pissing people off.

I got tired of the Beerus fight real quick, personally.

Jojo was fun. Eager for the next season, maybe more people will give it a chance.

Most assume Demarco already bought it like an idiot so they are stuck airing it now. I really hope they don't but I'm prepared for the worst

>Only a few good shows left on the block
>Normies like edge and fanservice which is only applicable to 1 or 2 shows on the block now.
>Long runners that drag on (HxH, Shitpudding. etc.)
>DeMarco avoiding most Funimation dubs means a good number of GOAT tier anime are off limits.
> Any Gundam series that isn't G and 1 or 2 others.
>Dragon Ball nostalgia is wearing thin, especially once you sit through enough of Super to realize what shit it is.
>Streaming services make almost any anime accessible from somewhere other than a TV.
>Other reasons
Take your pick, user. Either way, Toonami's dying.

How would you save Toonami?

They better fucking not. Although, I heard everyone dies at the end, so that alone might make up for the rest of that cancerous series.

See .
There is no saving it.

Jojo's Bizarre Memeventure tanking the block for the last time

It's alright, but nothing spectacular so far. None of the main characters besides Leorio really interest me. This current arc with Kurapika was doing pretty well up until he killed Logan. I mean Uvogin. That was pretty lame.

I still don't see why it's fans tend to make such a huge deal over it though. I mean, I'm all for slow burns, but sitting through it hasn't been very rewarding. I'd really appreciate an answer that doesn't involve some variation of the phrase "it gets better later on".

>The first episode of Hunter X Hunter aired on Toonami on April 4/16/16
Really? I though it aired in may first? At least within that year we've gone through, 3 1/2 arcs.
We might be in the Chimera Ant arc this time next year

why is him killing uvogin a bad thing?

In show, the Spiders are gonna start hunting down Kurapika and drag Gon and Killua into the mess.

Out show, he probably just like the character

Ryuko fag at it again.

Spoiler that shit, user.

It's beyond saving. Just gonna enjoy the rest of Jack and let the rest burn

yeah, i meant in his opinion since i know what's gonna happen in the show

After watching BnHA and LWA last night I'm not entirely sure why I shouldn't just add Stardust Crusaders to that list and let the block go fuck itself.

Attack on Titan Season 2 is NOT worth it.

Pretty happy with it. I hope that user who "leaked" the show coming to Toonami years ago (by Funi no less) is happy now.

>it gets better later on
I'm gonna be honest. First time I watch HxH, I felt the same as everyone else, but then after the anime had finished up I decided to re-watch binge every episode from the beginning again and really enjoyed it.

I wanna say it's not really that much of a spoiler but fair enough.

I actually liked Uvogin's character, even if he was the stereotypical "brash wild guy".

Also that whole fight was kind of lame. Even when it was clearly spelled out why Kurapika would win, it just felt kind of anticlimactic. I mean, I get that was the whole point, but oh well.

I've already watched it but I enjoy the English dub, the only part I really wanna get to is the CA arc so I can judge the performances of the English VA's when the characters start getting super emotional.
I also feel I see a lot of complaints that the voice cast is terrible but it seems fine to me, especially for Leorio and Hisoka.

Which itself lasts over a year.

>Reminder that we have over 6 years of Shitpudding left & Super 'gets better' (Superfags promise) no time in the near future
Toonami really needs to dump some of these long runners.

Jack's doing amazingly well for a boutique series.

I got tired of it around the battle tower and haven't beenwatching it since. I'm sure Nen/Ren is a big deal but it felt like two tournament arcs in a row with little to show for it.

just start watching again, Nen/Ren has just been abstracted to dragonball style ki aura for most of the characters and the others just make magic items with wacky powers
it's fun

Honestly, I say keep HxH since it at least has an ending that's within about the shortest range that's about a year and a half at this point.

Maybe pause Naruto every so often, maybe 26 episode or where it's not some major cliffhanger. It might prolong it's stay but they'd get a new show.

Drop super until AFTER Final Chapters finishes but skip to the Universal Tournament saga, and just put the dubbed episode from it drop point online.

>No Jojo part 3.

So what is Jojo being replaced with?

Attack on Titan S2.
I've seen people say it might do poorly because the AoT fad has died down more or less for the wait of S2.

Read the god damn OP you fucking moron

>AoT S2 this Saturday after Kai which is then followed by Ghoul.

Considering the fact that the anime's quality drops heavily past Enies Lobby, that's probably a good thing.

>tune in for Samurai and an hour of Dragon Ball
>tune the fuck out for Attack on Shit and literally the edgiest thing I've ever seen on television
>watch my recording of Hunter X Hunter and Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn
>maybe watch Ghost in the Shell for the millionth time if I'm THAT bored this weekend
Sounds good

It's for the best. As someone that never really cared for OP, I did like the episode it went out on. It felt like an appropriate way to end the series, even if it isn't really over.

>Tuning back in for Unicorn
Are you feeling alright, user?

>AoT followed by Ghoul

I feel they'll air it then nothing else Gundam for a while/ever.

I'm glad I stuck around, it really did get good. Having said that, fuck the first 2 arcs, this show was borderline unwatchable before Heaven's Arena, and if I ever introduce anyone to it I'll start them on the recap episodes so that they suffer through as little of it as possible.

The rating's are about what you'd expect for its slot, and it fits in fine with the rest of Toonami. I'm getting the feeling that'll be even more true as the series continues.

Fuck out of here with your logic

I like Gundam, and Unicorn completely drops the pretext and just makes it about magic robots and psychic powers
It's fun

>AoT and TG back-to-back
Better start cutting my wrists now in preparation for that edge

This makes me sad, Gundam is fun

>fun
Only if you've been following every gundam series in the UC timeline or feel up to reading a shit ton of wiki articles.

I have literally watched two episodes of Wing and I was drunk at the time, Iron Blooded Orphans Season 1, and whatever of Unicorn has aired so far. I'm enjoying the fuck out of it.
Seeing the occasional /m/ escapee rant about Zeon and colony drops and Char laughing at people has given me more than enough background in Gundam to understand.

So after Kai I can just change the channel,Good to know.

They need to air Ryuko's show again desu

Not without the proper subs.

Anyone that desperate to know what was going to happen next probably switched over to the manga. Even worse, anyone that's held on for this long and thinks they're finally gonna get answers this season is going to get VERY pissed off when they realize we're at least 2 more seasons until we get anywhere near the basement.

Honestly I wonder what the studio was thinking because unless they skip all the Levi/Civil War stuff we're gonna end up with at least one season where the titans are barely a factor at all.

>Wan Piss and now JayJay is off the schedule.

This block is getting better so fast.

Super gets better, yeah...80 episodes in. Toei finally realized they should put at least some effort. Honestly, it'll be a miracle if it lasts.

How many episodes until the BLACKED arc?

The Beerus fight was about 5 - 8 weeks or so. It was just so long.

Was a bit happier with the ratings it was pulling at first, but then I remember that Netflix has most of the series already, so the impatient have probably watched that. I'm content with the modest 600 - 700k it pulls in weekly. While I do like the show, I felt that prior to the dropping of that one show, it shouldn't have been put on, but it fits pretty well now that we seem to be rotating through shows at a somewhat steady pace.

The dub is pretty solid, but Feitan seems off, but then I remember he's supposed to be their version of Chinese, which works fine, I guess. Aside from him, there hasn't been any bad dub voices that come to mind for me.

For people that will ask: This is where it's good and part of the appeal of HxH is that if you watched a lot of shounen, you see how it subverts the tropes in little ways, which makes it stand out. If you don't like it after this arc, then the show's not for you.

at least 30, theres 2 more arcs + filler

Can't spell Toonami without NAMI

>forgetting obligatory Ryuko pic
Fixed that for you, user.

It's honestly just background noise for me now.

So for people who hadn't seen it already, did you rike Jojo's ending? And for everyone in general, was the dub satisfactory?

Too much homosexuality, and not enough waifus.