WHY THE HATE?

If this movie came out in 1974, everybody would love it. Way better than the original trilogy. Better acting, better plot, better special effects, better everything.

Name one thing the prequels are better than this kino. Take your time, I'll wait.

why do you call it Star Shit?

SLOMO BIG SHIP CHASE IN SPACE FOR THE ENTIRE MOVIE

BATTLE OF HOTH ALL OVER AGAIN

THEY THREW LUKE SKYWALKER IN THE FUCKING TOILET

PLOT HOLES AND INCONSISTENCIES WITH THE FORCE AWAKENS

1/10 cause you got me to reply

>If this movie came out in 1974, everybody would love it.

Only because of the special effects.

>only because of the special effects
Yeah, so? That was the reason people loved Star Wars back then

only nostalgia and fanfic fans hate it.
Excellent film for neutrals

oh yes, the 74's faggots would be blown away by how futuristic this shit looks

>Better acting, better plot
OH NO NO NO NO NO

>PLOT HOLES AND INCONSISTENCIES WITH THE FORCE AWAKENS
uhm, excuse me, what?

if it came out in 1974 it wouldnt have been shitting on everything that the previous movie set up because there would be no previous movie

>not enough normie jokes
>not enough references to older movies
>muh luke
>muh hard scifi realism

think I covered most of Sup Forumss retarded complaints

Better cast

OH YES, user. Sorry, but Harrison Ford has the range of - I dunno - Ryan Gosling? The rest of the crew was just as bad. Only James Earl Jones was a decent actor and he only did the voice over for Vader.

Star Wars IV: 2/10

Star Wars V: 3/10

Star Wars VI: 1/10

Star Wars I: 1/10

Star Wars II: 2/10

Star Wars III: 2/10

Star Wars VII: 1/10

Star Wars VIII: 1/10

Some ideas of this series had potential if didn't decide to market it towards children/young adults.

It is a shame so many adults take the lore seriously though....

fuck off soyboy

I mean we're basically in agreement then. The movie only has the special effects going for it. And sure that would fly for a first film 40 years ago but now in an established franchise we need more than that.

And don't get me started on Carrie Fisher

See

>in an established franchise we need more than that.
what do you need more in a sci-fi movie?

>terrible acting
>poor script
>bad characters
>the decisions of the protagonists does not make any sense
>ridiculous deus ex machina

Jesus, I don't think anyone ever unironically believes that Star Wars has good acting, the new trilogy are the only ones who have something close to passable acting and TLJ actually has some good acting thanks to Driver and Benicio.

THIS. Driver is a great actor. Benicio - one of the best foreigner in business.

>SLOMO SHIP CHASE

durr what's an escape

>BATTLE OF HOTH

there wasn't a battle

>LUKE IN THE TOILET

citation needed nigga, his arc was perfect

>INCONSISTENCIES

citation needed, nigga

Proof OP is an idiot. Whether the movie was good or bad is irrelevant. Sup Forums bases their movie preferences on how contrarian it will make them look. Because it's a 56 on rotten tomatoes, we have some Sup Forums posters going for the contrarian idea that it was fantastic. And we have others going for the good old "every new Star Wars is garbage and worst than the last" view, so that they can try and prove their "intellectual superiority" over the average person. I've even seen some on here start to defend the prequels, simply because they aren't the newest now. Only the very rare patrician poster can possibly understand the complexity behind 5>R1>4>The clone wars tv show>3>8>6>1>2>7. TLJ is simply a 6/10. Some truly great scenes, some bad scenes, but over all an okay movie.

this

The prequels are superiour to the new movies in the way that they were more original and had a clear overlaping plot. They also did very good worldbuilding and they story was very good if you can see through the sometimes shitty dialog, cgi and jar jar

>if I'll use racial slurs then I'll fit in
pathetic

not him, I'll bite

>durr what's an escape
I wouldn't even call that an escape. it's like watching world's slowest car chase but with space plane

>there wasn't a battle
did you sleep through the entire third act?

>luke's arc was perfect
I guess turning luke into a senile old man with "get off my lawn attitude" is perfect for you

>no inconsistencies

>not a single hint of knights of Ren
>Leia suddenly a force sensitive and turn into superman
>inconsistenly changing RESISTANCE into REBEL because muh nostalgia

god even in cross sections they have to include that filthy fucking nigger

one more thing.
>why didn't Kylo notice Luke's saber is the same saber he and Rey destroyed together
and that's fucking Anakin's saber ffs

What movies are you comparing them too? A movie made by God?